PDA

View Full Version : Is There A Way To Watch Online Games?

dugong
11-05-2005, 06:41 PM
I would like to watch some online games. I have flown online a few times, but I find it fascinating to watch.

Thanks for any enlightenment.

dugong
11-05-2005, 06:41 PM
I would like to watch some online games. I have flown online a few times, but I find it fascinating to watch.

Thanks for any enlightenment.

neural_dream
11-05-2005, 07:01 PM
I would also like to see some, but there's no "official" place you can download them from like in other games.

GT182
11-05-2005, 07:08 PM
ND, you can watch but only if you join in with someone flying online, like in HyperLobby. If you crash you can stay and watch everyone else by using Shift-F2 or Ctrl-F2.... just like you do normaly in the game.

neural_dream
11-05-2005, 07:21 PM
Oh i didn't mean that, sorry. I meant recorded games, .ntrk. I thought that was what dugong meant. In all the online games i've played I like watching recorded tournament games and international matches. At the moment I'm not aware of something like that in IL-2. A place where you can download tracks in an organised way.

danjama
11-05-2005, 07:42 PM
Record ntrks urself then and watch it from others views when u get time. Its basically what ur asking. Just set a key for quick record

neural_dream
11-05-2005, 08:16 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gifAlright, nobody understands what I'm saying. Not to hijack this thread I'll only say I'm no newbie, and i only note that there's no organised website dedicated on keeping a database of downloadable tracks (as in most good RTS and some FPS games).

Uzunov
11-07-2005, 10:52 PM
Are you looking for good .ntrk files ? This is my favorite:

http://www.dreyermachine.com/il2/

I have literally studied some of them! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

neural_dream
11-08-2005, 03:44 AM
Thanks a lot. I had forgotten that.

Enforcer572005
11-08-2005, 06:55 AM
um, will those older traks work in the current patch? none of my older ones do, so each time i get a new patch i delete them. However, ive noticed that the original traks that come wiht the sims seem to work fine, no matter how many patches down the lane they are.

just curious, since im stuck on dial up here in the backwoods, and it takes a while to dnload those 14mb jobs. Id hate to do that and not be able to see them.

SnailRunner
11-08-2005, 09:13 AM
We record our campaign missions...just doent have them up for download yet.....PM me if you want to get them and i figure something out

Tully__
11-08-2005, 06:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Enforcer572005:
um, will those older traks work in the current patch? none of my older ones do, so each time i get a new patch i delete them. However, ive noticed that the original traks that come wiht the sims seem to work fine, no matter how many patches down the lane they are.

just curious, since im stuck on dial up here in the backwoods, and it takes a while to dnload those 14mb jobs. Id hate to do that and not be able to see them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tracks recorded using the "Save Track" button after you exit a mission (.trk extension) are version specific. Tracks recorded using the keyboard control "Start/Stop quick recording" or the record button on the ESC menu (.ntrk extension) are portable across versions (provided the version you're playing it back in has all the required maps/aircraft/ground objects for that track).

There are other differences between the two formats too, do a search on my user name and the word "track", I've posted in the last week about this.