PDA

View Full Version : Haw big are your plains ???

JEEPEE2007
09-28-2007, 02:07 PM
I have two versions of il-2 on my pc: FB V 1.22 and 1946 4.08
Why ???,well it's the sise of the plains.
When you change the view from cockpit view to outside view in 1946,the plains are mutsh smaler compaired with thesame thing in version 1.22
I allways wanted to change that,as i like the aspect in 1.22
I know you can change the water or clouds,but can you change the sise of the plains in 1946 to 1.22 standards ???
Did anyone of you try this ???
Thank you in advance for any advice that you can give.

JEEPEE2007
09-28-2007, 02:07 PM
When you change the view from cockpit view to outside view in 1946,the plains are mutsh smaler compaired with thesame thing in version 1.22
I know you can change the water or clouds,but can you change the sise of the plains in 1946 to 1.22 standards ???
Thank you in advance for any advice that you can give.

willyvic
09-28-2007, 02:29 PM
Not sure what your looking for but you can zoom in and out using the mouse when in external view. Additionally, you can use your FOV, wide, normal and gunsights keys to adjust view depth.

WV

flox
09-28-2007, 02:56 PM
Yeah, try left-clicking (or is it right-clicking?) and dragging the mouse vertically. That will zoom in or out. Maybe that is part of your confusion??

Friendly_flyer
09-28-2007, 03:35 PM
You may have accidentally hit the "Page down"-button, it shows everything from a bit further back, very useful when you want an overview in the cockpit.

ViktorViktor
09-29-2007, 10:32 AM
No, he's right, at least for him and me it seems as though the external views of the planes vary for Forgotten Battles and 1946.

I solved the problem by going into the CONTROLS or HARDWARE SETUP menu and remapping the key ('End' in my case) used for 'Normal View' to FOV65 (or whatever Field-of-View setting you wish).

So now when I hit the 'End' key on my keyboard, I now get 'FOV65' and not 'Normal View'.

heywooood
09-29-2007, 10:38 AM
my plains are vast...prairies too...and my mountains are misty and often blue.

Jediteo
09-29-2007, 10:40 AM
Welcome to the forum Jeepee

ViktorViktor
09-29-2007, 10:41 AM
Are you starting to go Nancy on us ?
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

heywooood
09-29-2007, 10:46 AM
ok victor - you have a Tagert infection...go wash it off with soap and hot water PDQ

M_Gunz
09-29-2007, 04:22 PM
The rain in Spain........

XyZspineZyX
09-29-2007, 04:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by M_Gunz:
The rain in Spain........ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the planes in Spain fall mainly in the rain

XyZspineZyX
09-29-2007, 04:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JEEPEE2007:
Thank you in advance for any advice that you can give. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is not why there are two different installs

The thing you are seeing is the result of a field of view change during one of the updates or add-ons to FB

As mentioned, this is changeable in your setup, just as Viktor has expained

JEEPEE2007
09-30-2007, 02:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ViktorViktor:
No, he's right, at least for him and me it seems as though the external views of the planes vary for Forgotten Battles and 1946.

I solved the problem by going into the CONTROLS or HARDWARE SETUP menu and remapping the key ('End' in my case) used for 'Normal View' to FOV65 (or whatever Field-of-View setting you wish).

So now when I hit the 'End' key on my keyboard, I now get 'FOV65' and not 'Normal View'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes,that's it !!
I will try to change it,and THANK YOU SO MUTCH.
Forgive my English pleas,i'm Dutchspeaking,so from time to time you might see some strange words.

M_Gunz
09-30-2007, 08:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JEEPEE2007:
Forgive my English pleas,i'm Dutchspeaking,so from time to time you might see some strange words. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You should have said! Do not feel bad, many raised in the US are much, much worse!
One thing I can ask? As you pick up English words how many have roots in Dutch/German?
You know this language has pieces from so much else, I had a wingmate in Sweden who is language
person and we would talk about it like how much English came from Norwegian, German, French.
Sometimes the spelling is the key to this understanding plus it helps to choose the right words.

I had a French teacher that lived in Paris for a time to learn better. One day he wanted to
buy a pen and tried to ask "does it work". For "work" he chose "travail" and the shop clerk
then stood the pen up and let it fall a few times... what he heard asked was "does it walk".

No, I speak no Deutsch of any kind so you are ahead of me!

Swivet
10-01-2007, 12:37 AM
The plain, the plain!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/Swivet/MM.jpg

dbillo
10-01-2007, 08:49 AM
Thank you in advance for any advice that you can give. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, I've not experimented very much with this at all, but in your conf.ini, find these sections:

[HookViewFly Config]
timeFirstStep=2.0
deltaZ=10.0

[HookView]
MouseLeft=Len

[HookView Config]
AzimutSpeed=0.1
TangageSpeed=0.1
LenSpeed=1.0
MinLen=1.0
DefaultLen=20.0
MaxLen=3000.0
Speed=6

I believe that the values here have something to do with what you are talking about. Specifically, I think that deltaz= determines the initial distance that F3 External flyby gives. Playing around with these values might get you what you want.