PDA

View Full Version : end of mission

freakyre33
02-06-2008, 03:07 PM
When i fly a mission, and it says primary target complete or mission complete, does this open up new missions? and do i have to land my plane for the mission to be completly over?

freakyre33
02-06-2008, 03:07 PM
When i fly a mission, and it says primary target complete or mission complete, does this open up new missions? and do i have to land my plane for the mission to be completly over?

Xiolablu3
02-06-2008, 03:21 PM
I think it depends on the 'no instant success' difficulty option...

Not sure exactly how it works however,

horseback
02-07-2008, 09:57 AM
'Mission Complete' means that you have met the goals of your mission. However, if this message appears while you are still over enemy territory (or possibly over the ocean), you still need to get back to friendly territory before you can advance to the next generated mission, if you're using DGen.

If you're flying a 'Static' campaign, that is, one that is already fully built and has 'hard' requirements for advancing to the next mission, I'd recommend going all the way to home base, and landing, if you can. I normally do, anyway; it's part of the immersion factor for me.

cheers

horseback

fabianfred
02-07-2008, 10:44 PM
the "No Instant Success" works like this...

In campaigns, with it switched ON, you will not go on to the next mission if you fail the mission...even if you live..

...so many turn it off....so as to be able to go to the next mission if it is a particularly difficult one to complete...and after several tries have given it the boot

I believe that in co-ops on-line....if you damage your plane...even if you live...you lose your score...so with it switched off you still get your score if you've just bent a prop or whatever...not been killed