PDA

View Full Version : Little stick problem

Latico
12-03-2004, 02:49 PM
Just installed PF on top of FB/AEP wth 301m patches.Seems to run ok so far except for one little problem.

Every little bit I llose my stick controls. I mean my joystick just goes dead. I can hit the Esc key a couple of times real quick and get it back, but it could be desastorous to have this happen during a dog fight. Especially if I'm close to the deck.

Any suggestions?
Joystick
MS Sidewinder Precision 2

Opiate364
12-03-2004, 03:25 PM
I used to have that stick a few years ago and I have to say that I never had that problem. Nevertheless, try disconnecting then reconnecting the stick and test it. If necessary, test all the buttons repeatedly and see if it is game related or just your stick.

Ive noticed with my X-45 that inputs from the stick and buttons is delayed (happens very rarely). But I noticed that when I disconnected and reconnected, everything was fine. That's all I can suggest really.

Latico
12-03-2004, 04:53 PM
Thanks

The stick was wroking fine with FB/AEP prior to installing PF. Figured maybe I needed to tweak something.

I've had this problem occure before with Janes Fighters Anthology when I graduated from a 200MMX system to this Pent4, 2.66 Ghz PC. I had to turn the hardware excellerators off to fix the problem. But I need to crank the excellerators back up for this game .

Latico
12-04-2004, 02:29 PM
Found my problem. Needed to create nw profile for FB/AEP/PF/ FLew for a couple of hours last night with no loss of stick control.

OK, I'm happy now. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif