PDA

View Full Version : Controls and movement any better ?

Sho72gun
05-22-2011, 01:51 PM
I found the controls in assassin's creed (pc) to be clunky and unresponsive and I couldn't get into it. Has this improved in Brotherhood ? I prefer to use keyboard and naga mouse but the movement in the 1st AC got on my nerves, does the combat and movement feel better now in brotherhood ?

Sho72gun
05-22-2011, 01:51 PM
I found the controls in assassin's creed (pc) to be clunky and unresponsive and I couldn't get into it. Has this improved in Brotherhood ? I prefer to use keyboard and naga mouse but the movement in the 1st AC got on my nerves, does the combat and movement feel better now in brotherhood ?

Sho72gun
05-22-2011, 02:31 PM
also can you remap controls or are you stuck with default ?

rcornell
05-22-2011, 03:04 PM
The controls in ACB PC are ruined by awful mouse acceleration issues. Do not buy it until they are fixed.

lockerxzx
05-22-2011, 06:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The controls in ACB PC are ruined by awful mouse acceleration issues. Do not buy it until they are fixed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
LOL the problem is in your mouse. You just can't set it right

carterhawk
05-29-2011, 10:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lockerxzx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The controls in ACB PC are ruined by awful mouse acceleration issues. Do not buy it until they are fixed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
LOL the problem is in your mouse. You just can't set it right </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is untrue, I have over 150 PC games and none have mouse controls as frustrating as the first five minutes of ACB.

spectatorx
05-30-2011, 02:36 AM
Guys, i completely agree with you, the biggest issue of assassin's creed serie is controls system. With hud - icons instead of real names of keys - that's so damn annoying and unintuitive.

With gameplay... marking the target. As in single player it's not so annoying and i can live with it, as in multiplayer because of it i lost so many frags and stuns. E.g i got in crosshair my target but marking system marks person in my near instead of target in crosshair - so totally stupid!!!!!!!!

Razrback16
05-31-2011, 11:55 AM
Get an XBOX 360 controller to play these types of games -- it makes things so much easier. Be prepared to download 3rd party drivers though for Assassin's Creed fro the XBOX 360 controller in order for the triggers to work properly.

iN3krO
05-31-2011, 12:45 PM
LOOL now it got the names and IT SUCKS... now instead of have a small hud for controlls i got a big USELESS hud..

beside to that, i had no problems beside i prefer shift for high profile and mouse2 for free hand...

I also hadn't any problem with the mouse...

I've played Ac2 with ps3 to make a review of Ac Keyboard + Mouse or Controller and i prefer Keyboard... with controler u can chose how much u move and in which direction but you can't change where u are aiming while running (or it's too hard)...

In PC you can chose where to move changing the camera with the mouse and you can always press unpress to be slower...

Six_Gun
06-05-2011, 04:00 PM
AC 2 and ACB play pretty much the same as AC1 control wise except for slight differences in the combat system and a couple missions in ACB and ACB DLC that have rather annoying fixed camera angles.

The bit about ACB being drastically different due to mouse problems is hog wash. The fact is, as has always been the case with AC, the problem likes more in the auto parkour interaction and auto NPC lock systems.

By that I mean Ezio, just like Altair, will at times jump onto things or people you don't want him to whilst free running. At first it's hilarious to see him jump off a railing and throw a women in the crowd to the ground, but it gets old after a while.

To a degree though, once you learn which surfaces are less predictable, like railings, you can try and avoid them and/or adjust how you interact with them via the path you run.

Bibendus
06-07-2011, 02:14 PM
I opened a thread about this:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1067519/m/4271026929 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5031067519/m/4271026929)

I think the only solution is to send many tickets to the ubisoft support site, maybe someone will listen to us and fix the problem someday somehow http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif