PDA

View Full Version : Wind of changes

jugent
09-16-2005, 12:37 AM
After the introduction of patch 4.01 there has been many complains about that the US/UK airplanes arnt so good anymore.
The spit is to fragile, the guns of the german planes are to good etc etc.
I fly both sides and my favourite is the spit IX.
Before the 4.01 I flew most german because I like the "underdog" situation but nowdays I fly reds as much as blue.

I think that many "spitjocks" are overconfident because their planes where to good before.
Many spitjocks flies directly into a furball and hope for luck. And nodays when a Fw got "more led in ist pencils" they get shoot down.
I have learned patience by flying Me and FW and awaits the right moment when flying alone.
And never go into furballs without a buddy.

jugent
09-16-2005, 12:37 AM
After the introduction of patch 4.01 there has been many complains about that the US/UK airplanes arnt so good anymore.
The spit is to fragile, the guns of the german planes are to good etc etc.
I fly both sides and my favourite is the spit IX.
Before the 4.01 I flew most german because I like the "underdog" situation but nowdays I fly reds as much as blue.

I think that many "spitjocks" are overconfident because their planes where to good before.
Many spitjocks flies directly into a furball and hope for luck. And nodays when a Fw got "more led in ist pencils" they get shoot down.
I have learned patience by flying Me and FW and awaits the right moment when flying alone.
And never go into furballs without a buddy.

F19_Ob
09-16-2005, 01:23 AM
German fighters and underdog doesn't work so well in the same sentence for me ....

Every plane has its weaknesses and strenghts and exept for some of the latest russian fighters (wich should be better) and spit9 there aren't many that can compete on equal terms with a 109. Some planes turn better but have poor climb and energy wich may enable the109 to even compete in turn in some situations.
Fw190 is quite harder than the 109 in many situations (in the sim) and is really only better than some allied in speed and armament.
The main strenght of the fw is that it despite allied turning advantages it still can go higher and faster than many allied. It would be eaten alive if it was slower.

The accelleration, speed and climb in the 109 really is superior to most of its contemporarys (exept the above)
The reason why later allied fighters can compete with the 109 is that they are closer in specs aswell as armament (cannons).
Any fighter that enters a furball or dogfight are at risk to be shot down by planes with better energy (even by a bomber).
The perhaps important factors of allied latewar planes are more speed and better armament than before.
These factors really increased the possibility to catch (or escape) and to shoot at the enemy for long enough period to do effect wich was the problem early.
Machinegun hurricanes really isn't a big threat for either 109 or fw190, unless it lucks out and ends up close enough to fire, wich the german birds can deny it, but the cannon equipped hurricane really can be a threat even on long distance since one shell can kill or severly disable a plane.

If one compares the earliest spit5 and the contemporary 109 F the 109 clearly reaches altitude first and can retain it better in a vertical dogfight. the spit benefits from it's two cannons and comparable horisontal turn.
In sustained turn the spit win but in my mind the 109 wins the hardest possible stallturn and stallclimbs where the spit commonly have problems and usually stalls, and the one that stalls and flips first loses the fight.
When the spit begins to flip the 109 can steeply climb at angles not possible for the spit in that situation.
In an emergency the 109 have a possibility to outrun the spit but not the other way around.

So many planes have some comparable features and disadvantages aswell as advantages.
To say that one is better than the other isn't that simple in my opinion, since the situation and energystate of a plane can be a very descisive factor and may lead to that a poor performer wins over a better one.

well my opinion

F19_Ob
09-16-2005, 01:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jugent:
I think that many "spitjocks" are overconfident..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif So do I. Some 109 jocks and other jocks too fortunately. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif