PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Expectations

Snake_EyesSpy
07-12-2010, 01:16 PM
Hey, everybody I opened this topic for you all to talk with eachother about what you expect in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. I personally expected an co-op story(I don't really follow the series since AC1 check this link to see why ---> http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...271003278#3271003278 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/3271003278?r=3271003278#3271003278) ). I also expect to get 10+ more skills from the chars.

Snake_EyesSpy
07-12-2010, 01:16 PM
Hey, everybody I opened this topic for you all to talk with eachother about what you expect in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. I personally expected an co-op story(I don't really follow the series since AC1 check this link to see why ---> http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...271003278#3271003278 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/3271003278?r=3271003278#3271003278) ). I also expect to get 10+ more skills from the chars.

SWJS
07-12-2010, 01:30 PM
The devs have said there will be co-op eventually, just not in ACB. They want to justify it, because two people can't use one animus and put their different ancestors together. It just doesn't worth that way.

I'm not really expecting anything except what we were promised. Really looking forward to the crossbow.

Snake_EyesSpy
07-12-2010, 01:53 PM
Well thanks for the headsup. I really didn't know that they would eventually add co-op story in the game.

iLikeBacon
07-12-2010, 02:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
Really looking forward to the crossbow. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am also looking forward to the crossbow.

Just one thing... what do you guys expect from multiplayer? They say it's been in the making for a long time, but I'm not really sure this is where they should be going. Hopefully they will prove me wrong. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

-Bacon http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

FEARED_KILLER2
07-12-2010, 03:56 PM
i expect guns which i saw in several trailers for acb. i cant wait for the crossbow. id luv to play acb co- op it would be sweet. 1 guy plays as altair and the other plays as ezio.

DJBare
07-12-2010, 04:48 PM
I look forward to the crossbow, have absolutely zero interest in co-op since in my opinion Ezio should continue working alone, unless he is hiring or part of the story calls for him to join a battle.

devzilla
07-12-2010, 04:56 PM
I personally think that miltiplayer is going to be sh*t. It always is with games like this. I'm looking foreward to new swordplay and riding horses in cities, and definetly the crossbow!

Deathgrim666
07-12-2010, 05:00 PM
no cop-op in ac:b. i hope that the crossbow can be part of the melee like a knock back or something for a guy.

bokeef04
07-12-2010, 06:02 PM
so they can justify having upto 8 templars in seperate animus' killing each other in the name of training, but it's impossible for any of them to work together to achieve a goal?

i can understand no co-op in the single player storyline but why not in MP?

D00CH
07-12-2010, 06:23 PM
I just want it to be the type of game that i'll be busy with for a while.

Snake_EyesSpy
07-12-2010, 06:48 PM
In MP co-op would be great but not a few MP maps like in conviction. But to stay on topic I think the co-op is a briliant idea. Also a good idea is to create it an MMORPG or to add a game type like Conquest.

EzioAssassin51
07-13-2010, 12:44 AM
I dunno! They new combat, the horses, the crossbow and rome is what i'm looking forward to best. I hope they make a quick shot button for the Crossbow like in BAA only in that he has the batarang of course http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Also, the Multiplayer looks pretty good but looks as though it will get boring easily!

Deathgrim666
07-13-2010, 12:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
I dunno! They new combat, the horses, the crossbow and rome is what i'm looking forward to best. I hope they make a quick shot button for the Crossbow like in BAA only in that he has the batarang of course http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Also, the Multiplayer looks pretty good but looks as though it will get boring easily! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

there will be a leveling system so it should last long.

RevoltingIBunny
07-13-2010, 01:31 AM
I really expect the crossbow to have YOU aim rather than having autoaim like with the piston in Assassin's Creed 2. Would be fun to get headshots... Hmmm...

masterfenix2009
07-13-2010, 02:13 AM
well...in the story im hoping for a lomg time period of about 10 to 20 years. i think bartolomeo died in 1509 so im hopping to be in that battle with him. I also want to know how ezio will react to caterina sforzas rape by rodrigo and his son

EzioAssassin51
07-13-2010, 03:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by assassino151:
well...in the story im hoping for a lomg time period of about 10 to 20 years. i think bartolomeo died in 1509 so im hopping to be in that battle with him. I also want to know how ezio will react to caterina sforzas rape by rodrigo and his son </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it would most likely end in 1503, seeing as that is the historical deaths of the two Borgias! But that could be a DLC or something!

@Deathgrim - How will the leveling system work? It won't be like a MMORPG such as Runescape right? As others have discussed, that would suck seeing as people who have tons of time will own others! But yeah, i don't think it will be!

(And Before you guys flame me, I only USED to play Runescape like 4 years ago! So please don't post saying "haha you played runescape, doii i'm a ****** because i've got nothing else to post but this")

masterfenix2009
07-13-2010, 03:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by assassino151:
well...in the story im hoping for a lomg time period of about 10 to 20 years. i think bartolomeo died in 1509 so im hopping to be in that battle with him. I also want to know how ezio will react to caterina sforzas rape by rodrigo and his son </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it would most likely end in 1503, seeing as that is the historical deaths of the two Borgias! But that could be a DLC or something!

@Deathgrim - How will the leveling system work? It won't be like a MMORPG such as Runescape right? As others have discussed, that would suck seeing as people who have tons of time will own others! But yeah, i don't think it will be!

(And Before you guys flame me, I only USED to play Runescape like 4 years ago! So please don't post saying "haha you played runescape, doii i'm a ****** because i've got nothing else to post but this") </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ahhh... they died in 1503? im sad. i wanted to kill them as 60 year old ezio. ....poo

Keighvin
07-13-2010, 08:47 AM
Cesare died in 1507 not 1503, only his father died then.

Crucify Lucifer
07-13-2010, 09:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DJBare:
have absolutely zero interest in co-op since in my opinion Ezio should continue working alone, unless he is hiring or part of the story calls for him to join a battle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From what I've seen, Brotherhood is coming off as this "Assassins justice league" jumbo. I really hope they don't turn the Assassin's order into a superhero fest.

joesope
07-13-2010, 10:24 AM
I am looking forward to the new city. especially the Colosseum. also I like the look of the new combat and horse gameplay. the multiplayer looks fun.also a parachute is involved.

masterfenix2009
07-13-2010, 01:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keighvin:
Cesare died in 1507 not 1503, only his father died then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but bartolomeo died in 1509 i wanted to see his death.... no fair

hewkii9
07-13-2010, 03:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
The devs have said there will be co-op eventually, just not in ACB. They want to justify it, because two people can't use one animus and put their different ancestors together. It just doesn't worth that way.

I'm not really expecting anything except what we were promised. Really looking forward to the crossbow. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've always thought that two-player co-op could be completely justified by siblings reliving the memories of a married couple pair of assassins.

Account_Deleted
07-13-2010, 03:34 PM
if they do have co-op i'd be non linier i guess,
2 animus, since the assassins and two point ohh
long lasting family friend?

Murcuseo
07-13-2010, 03:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Account_Deleted:
if they do have co-op i'd be non linier i guess,
2 animus, since the assassins and two point ohh
long lasting family friend? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Subject 16 has a brother maybe, seeing as Desmond and him came from the same bloodline.

sm312
07-13-2010, 08:13 PM
I believe this game is going to blow up my ****ing mind.

Deathgrim666
07-13-2010, 08:36 PM

(And Before you guys flame me, I only USED to play Runescape like 4 years ago! So please don't post saying "haha you played runescape, doii i'm a ****** because i've got nothing else to post but this") </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

all i know is that there is one, nothing else.

Razrback16
07-14-2010, 07:28 AM
I expect a really good story, as always. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif The game obviously will be centered on Rome, and I'm really excited to start building my little personal army of assassin's. I think it'll be really cool to bring them in on certain missions to take out rifleman, or drop smoke bombs to help you, etc.

lilbacchant
07-14-2010, 11:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hewkii9:
I've always thought that two-player co-op could be completely justified by siblings reliving the memories of a married couple pair of assassins. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

The fact that my aging parents not too infrequently bicker like five year olds in the backseat of a car adds to your justification. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Eziosantos
07-14-2010, 09:39 PM
OK I belive that the single player will blow my ****ING brains all over my wall.

The multiplayer looks impressive,but it is too early to give a clear opinion of the multiplayer judging by the fact that they've only showed us one mode and a few characters am I right? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

btw who is bartolomeo?

EzioAssassin51
07-15-2010, 12:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eziosantos:
OK I belive that the single player will blow my ****ING brains all over my wall.

The multiplayer looks impressive,but it is too early to give a clear opinion of the multiplayer judging by the fact that they've only showed us one mode and a few characters am I right? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

btw who is bartolomeo? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He is in Sequence 10 of Assassin's Creed 2, the dude who calls his sword Bianca!

Eziosantos
07-15-2010, 01:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eziosantos:

btw who is bartolomeo? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He is in Sequence 10 of Assassin's Creed 2, the dude who calls his sword Bianca! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh yeah i must've forgot its been a long time since ive done sequence 10 but i know who your talking about.

Marios725
07-15-2010, 02:19 AM
ok i am sure that most of u remember the AC1 trailer in which altair shot a templar with the crossbow and killed the other one with the crossbow's edges. I hope we can do that too. all in all i expect that ACB will be a worthy replacement of AC2.(cant wait to start air assassinating again) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Ru1986
07-15-2010, 06:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marios725:
ok i am sure that most of u remember the AC1 trailer in which altair shot a templar with the crossbow and killed the other one with the crossbow's edges. I hope we can do that too. all in all i expect that ACB will be a worthy replacement of AC2.(cant wait to start air assassinating again) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

TBH IMHO i dont mind AC:B has no gameplay improvements. If they took everything on AC2 (Everything that you have gained at the end of the game) and just placed it in Rome i would be happy but im sure UBI will make improvments but if they just took AC2 and set it in Rome for Brotherhood i would not be disapointed just please please please have a Database.

darragh152010
07-20-2010, 04:51 AM
the eventual co_op could work off a seperate story from the campeign where as a templar you and a friend are put into a linked animus(animus 3.0)the two candidates have two different characters who meet up in the past and must work together to provide distractions and team work to take down the enemy

Rumble_Strike
07-20-2010, 06:42 AM
I'm not entirely convinced that Multiplayer is the way to go for a game like this.

Ubisoft will no doubt have seen how games like Modern Warfare 2 have done in terms of profile and sales due to an extremely popular online multiplayer mode.

However I think the controls are too twitchy and unreliable for the kind of fast-paced combat needed to do this properly.

I can see a lot of people being assassinated whilst their avatar stupidly jumps up a wall without going anywhere, or flails their arms around, nearly falling off the corner of a tiny drop because the game thinks there's a ledge there. In single player, these are frustrating moments, but in multiplayer they will be game-breakers.

SupremeCaptain
07-20-2010, 07:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rumble_Strike:
I'm not entirely convinced that Multiplayer is the way to go for a game like this.

Ubisoft will no doubt have seen how games like Modern Warfare 2 have done in terms of profile and sales due to an extremely popular online multiplayer mode.

However I think the controls are too twitchy and unreliable for the kind of fast-paced combat needed to do this properly.

I can see a lot of people being assassinated whilst their avatar stupidly jumps up a wall without going anywhere, or flails their arms around, nearly falling off the corner of a tiny drop because the game thinks there's a ledge there. In single player, these are frustrating moments, but in multiplayer they will be game-breakers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you the videos for the multiplayer? It looks pretty well done for me.

Ru1986
07-20-2010, 07:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rumble_Strike:

I can see a lot of people being assassinated whilst their avatar stupidly jumps up a wall without going anywhere, or flails their arms around, nearly falling off the corner of a tiny drop because the game thinks there's a ledge there. In single player, these are frustrating moments, but in multiplayer they will be game-breakers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with you here mate. I personally will be buying Brotherhood for the single player game. Most of my mates dont play AC anyway so when i do play it its nice to escape from the rest of them and just have some chill out time. I would never buy a game for multiplayer mode and wont be here i will be suing the multiplayer mode but the 15 or so hours of single player game is what is making me sit on the edge of my seat until November

iLikeBacon
07-20-2010, 09:26 AM

Took the words from my mouth. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

I don't know though. Maybe Ubi will prove us wrong. They say that they've spent a lot of time working on MP and that they want to get it right.

I definitely have mixed feelings on the multi player side of things, but as for the single player campaign... I have no doubts that this game will deliver.

-Bacon http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

Rumble_Strike
07-20-2010, 11:43 AM
I am buying Brotherhood for the single player (because I want to continue Ezio's story - great character - and spend time exploring Renaissance Rome) far more than the multiplayer.

I did see a gameplay video (from E3 I think, it's on the main Assassin's Creed site here) where the guy is talking as people are playing, it looks OK, nothing really special, and I just think that for me, it probably isn't going to be anywhere near as much fun as the single player, partly for reasons I mentioned above, as I find that continuous precise control is pretty hard to achieve in the single player game.

I am intrigued by the in-story premise though. Will be strange playing as a Templar playing as an Assassin in the Animus http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

darragh152010
08-02-2010, 07:36 AM
personally i'm buying the game for the story too.But i'l find the multyplayer fun,really. like they said at the e3 if you think your the top assassin prove it,and thats what i plan to do just like everyone else.