PDA

View Full Version : Graphics Discussion

tjbyrum1
11-20-2011, 06:41 AM
I have seen many complaints on the graphics earlier, not as much recently, but still I have seen them.

I don't get it. I just came off of playing Brotherhood, beat it twice in the last month and got Revelations last night.

Revelations graphics are much nicer. They're more sharper, the color palette is very distinct, the city itself looks amazing, everything looks great as compared to Brotherhood.

What do you think? Do you like Revelations sharper graphics, or Brotherhood's smoother graphics?

tjbyrum1
11-20-2011, 06:41 AM
I have seen many complaints on the graphics earlier, not as much recently, but still I have seen them.

I don't get it. I just came off of playing Brotherhood, beat it twice in the last month and got Revelations last night.

Revelations graphics are much nicer. They're more sharper, the color palette is very distinct, the city itself looks amazing, everything looks great as compared to Brotherhood.

What do you think? Do you like Revelations sharper graphics, or Brotherhood's smoother graphics?

Assassin_M
11-20-2011, 06:57 AM
I think that AC Revelations` Graphics is both Smoother and sharper, people who say its worse are just angry individuals who had a nice dream while sleeping and woke up believing it is real. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Krayus Korianis
11-20-2011, 07:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:
I think that AC Revelations` Graphics is both Smoother and sharper, people who say its worse are just angry individuals who had a nice dream while sleeping and woke up believing it is real. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As well as they're idiots.

Revelations looks amazing. It plays amazingly too.

De Filosoof
11-20-2011, 07:52 AM
yeah the graphics are very nice but all the stuff glitching through EVERYTHING just ruins the nice graphics http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif In the beginning it's not too bad...but when you get new armor and new swords and stuff everything is glitching through everything. Swords through clothes, clothes through ground. Legs through clothes, Crossbow through cape. It was really bad actually. Hope they fix it in AC3 because it really ruins the experience.

ProdiGurl
11-20-2011, 07:54 AM
I liked ACB graphics more - these are more washed out in general & lots of haze/fogginess too.
To me, ACB was more "crisp".

I love both and have no complaints either way.

De Filosoof
11-20-2011, 07:55 AM
oh yeah, walking stairs is also looking really ugly. They have to fix that in AC3 too. I love the kill animations! they feel and look very nice! especially love the one where he puts a sword in someone's head turns his head 180 degrees and pulls it back out.

ProdiGurl
11-20-2011, 07:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Krayus_Korianis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:
I think that AC Revelations` Graphics is both Smoother and sharper, people who say its worse are just angry individuals who had a nice dream while sleeping and woke up believing it is real. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As well as they're idiots.

Revelations looks amazing. It plays amazingly too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree

G-Pan
11-20-2011, 04:04 PM
The only bad point about AC Revelations Graphics is Desmond new face...

S-EVANS
11-21-2011, 07:21 AM
The map on revelations is terrible, compared to all the other titles in the series i honestly think the maps background makes seeing the icons really hard.

instead of standing out as they use to they seem to be blended into the map itself. and because the actually game area is smaller the icons are more cramped together.

small annoyance, but present!

iN3krO
11-21-2011, 07:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by S-EVANS:
The map on revelations is terrible, compared to all the other titles in the series i honestly think the maps background makes seeing the icons really hard.

instead of standing out as they use to they seem to be blended into the map itself. and because the actually game area is smaller the icons are more cramped together.

small annoyance, but present! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the topic is about the graphics and not about the menu...

If you talk about menu God Of War had the WORST menu ever, but, for me, it was one of the best games of Ps2 (not only in gameplay but also in graphics....).

Mitchings
11-21-2011, 02:15 PM
The graphics are the best yet, it's performance that's the problem.

Other than a drastic change in the art direction and the colour palette. I hope ACIII has no graphical upgrades, just V-Sync and a more stable framerate; I'd be happy with that..

I hope that after the ACIII there are no more AC games this generation. AC is a series crying out for the next-gen.

S-EVANS
11-23-2011, 01:52 PM
I retract my statement on the map icons, ive played this game on one of those HD Ready things today...

Its my TV thats the problem, trust me http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

LightRey
11-23-2011, 02:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheMiitch:
The graphics are the best yet, it's performance that's the problem.

Other than a drastic change in the art direction and the colour palette. I hope ACIII has no graphical upgrades, just V-Sync and a more stable framerate; I'd be happy with that..

I hope that after the ACIII there are no more AC games this generation. AC is a series crying out for the next-gen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
How are you having performance issues? I don't have any performance issues whatsoever.

ProdiGurl
11-23-2011, 02:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by S-EVANS:

Ya, that's true. The Tailor shops are hardest to spot, they're just a thin rectangle icon.
Good luck. I'm finding shops I missed as I go around the city....

This map is more impressive/detailed (not cartoony) but I'm fine w/ cartoony, it was at least easier to read.
My main problem is how small everything is including text.. I need bigger print to read well so I always struggle reading the game suggestions & prompts. [in most games]

S-EVANS
11-23-2011, 02:12 PM
My TV is really hard to see which shop icon is dimmed to represent its not been purchased yet im kinda having to travel round them all in order at the moment...

SleezeRocker
11-23-2011, 02:54 PM
Yeah ACR definately did a good job in graphics, sharper, colorful and smooth.
Though still not as realistic as Assassin's Creed 1.

Graphics wise for me would be:
Assassin's Creed 1
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Assassin's Creed Brotherood
Assassin's Creed 2

Ragnarok0130
11-29-2011, 07:10 AM
I've definitely noticed that graphics on ACR are not as good as previous AC titles. It seems that AC1 was the best graphics wise, in fact just to ensure that I wasn't exaggerating I plated the Altair memory from the first key and then loaded AC1 and everything in AC1 looked much better than in Revelations.

luckyto
11-29-2011, 08:17 AM
The graphics in ACR are FAR superior to AC2 or ACB. In just about every way.

The problem is with the art direction and character modeling, which is a different matter entirely. There was frankly no reason to change the way Desmond looked. I realize you have a new engine, but he should at least have the same facial structure. Same for Altair, though that doesn't bother me as much. And where is the Assassin White.

Again, these are different topics than "graphics." The graphics engine is fantastic and it is the best work since AC1, and arguably, even better than that.

luckyto
11-29-2011, 08:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:

Ya, that's true. The Tailor shops are hardest to spot, they're just a thin rectangle icon.
Good luck. I'm finding shops I missed as I go around the city....

This map is more impressive/detailed (not cartoony) but I'm fine w/ cartoony, it was at least easier to read.
My main problem is how small everything is including text.. I need bigger print to read well so I always struggle reading the game suggestions & prompts. [in most games] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought the same at first (and it takes longer to load), but I've really grown to like it. Once you zoom, you get a fairly accurate depiction of where you are and how to get to a particular place. You definitely consume much more information, and sometimes, it is valuable. I think if you give it time, it will grow on you.

Sevenofnine-st
11-29-2011, 10:56 AM
I think the graphics in ACR are stunning and they're the best ones so far in the entire AC series. I cannot get over how beautifully detailed the environments and costumes are. Also, I've noticed that there seems to be a lot fewer issues with texture loading this time around, and that's a good thing. Or maybe it's just because I've gotten used to the problems and I don't notice them as much as I used to. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Also, people who are complaining about not being able to find some icons on the map: I'm sorry but you need to adjust your TV or get a better one. I never have any problems finding the icons even if I don't zoom in that much. And I love the 3D aspect of the map because it makes finding things like Memory Fragments a lot easier.

And I absolutely love Altair's new face, they've made him very attractive. Desmond's on the other hand... eek!

Bones206
11-29-2011, 11:39 AM
I love the graphics in revelations they look great!!!!!

EnglishPhoenix
11-29-2011, 11:44 AM
The graphics were fine, but the haziness of the environment drove me insane and ruined it for me.

Grandmaster_Z
11-29-2011, 11:47 AM
the "haziness" is to disguise the jaggies...you can't make a sandbox game with huge cities and also Anti-aliasing, the current consoles don't have enough vram to do this...next gen consoles need to come out at the end of next year!