PDA

View Full Version : Problem with System requirements...

BlazeLeeDragon
07-31-2008, 09:46 PM
Ok first let me state I relize I'm an idiot... I am running a 2.4ghz processor. I didn't think to check the system requirements, which of course require a 2.6ghz cpu min....

I already opened the game and it plays but is constant lag when there are alot of people on the screen...

is there away to set it at playing at a slower speed? I know you can overclock your cpu but I'd rather not risk pushing it that far. is there anything I can do with game settings etc? I am running a 256mb graphics card.

any help would be appreciated, please be nice and avoid reminding me I'm an idiot...thank you

BlazeLeeDragon
07-31-2008, 09:46 PM
Ok first let me state I relize I'm an idiot... I am running a 2.4ghz processor. I didn't think to check the system requirements, which of course require a 2.6ghz cpu min....

I already opened the game and it plays but is constant lag when there are alot of people on the screen...

is there away to set it at playing at a slower speed? I know you can overclock your cpu but I'd rather not risk pushing it that far. is there anything I can do with game settings etc? I am running a 256mb graphics card.

any help would be appreciated, please be nice and avoid reminding me I'm an idiot...thank you

spazzoo1025
07-31-2008, 09:50 PM
omg are you an idiot?? you need at least 2.6...lol jk http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

umm I'd suggest that if you're running anything else in the background, like MSN or Firefox or something, close that down.
If you really wanna close everyyythiinggg down, go to your task manager and click the Processes tab. Click name, and close down everything that has your account's name next to it, except explorer.exe and taskmgr.exe!!!. make sure you don't close explorer.exe, as it can seriously mess up your computer.

tbh, I don't have the PC version, so i can't tell you about any settings you can change in the game. I was just going off how i make The Sims 2 run faster

M-dahaka
08-02-2008, 09:18 AM
lol my laptop is 2.0 GHZ and it runs fine >_>
BUT, i still had a problem: my laptop couldn't run the game on direct.X 10, but it can run the game on nice graphics on directX 9. Maybe you can try running it on directX 9. The graphics are still good, but i think on directX 10 the shadows are better. you can find the exe file to run it on directX 9 in the folder where you installed it.

caswallawn_2k7
08-02-2008, 09:31 AM
alot of the time a lower CPU can play the game if you have a fairly decent graphics card to back it up. but I wouldnt count on getting it to run full.

rejimp
08-04-2008, 12:16 PM
Hello

Can you help an interested new comer?

I have a HP DV9820EA with following specs:
AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-60, 3GB RAM, 250GB Hard-Drive, Nvidia GeForce 8400M GS Graphics (256MB), Windows Vista Home Premium.

Do you think this will run Assassin's Creed smoothly?

caswallawn_2k7
08-04-2008, 12:40 PM
there is a small chance your laptop will run the game but then there is a massive chance due to laptop drivers and hard ware being inferior to a desk top that you could have loads of problems. the 8400 in a desktop PC is a realy low graphics card but it can run the game just above lowest settings. so with your setup asuming you get round all the problems caused by it being a laptop your probly looking at lowest settings and no DX10 if you want smooth game play.

but the box for the game clearly states that mobile graphics cards are not supported.