PDA

View Full Version : Pro flyable b29 campaign

Qbeesh800
02-03-2005, 03:58 PM
I think guys from Maddox should release patch with flyable B29 Superfortress. I think there should be more heavy bombers in PF. I also think that new gunblast is a mistake. What do you think?
By the way, does any1 know when the new planes, like do335, are going to be released?

FoolTrottel
02-03-2005, 04:12 PM
No, I don't think so.
No, I don't think so.
No, I do not know.

cwojackson
02-03-2005, 04:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Qbeesh800:
I think guys from Maddox should release patch with flyable B29 Superfortress. I think there should be more heavy bombers in PF. I also think that new gunblast is a mistake. What do you think?
By the way, does any1 know when the new planes, like do335, are going to be released? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>It's highly doubtful that you'll ever see the B-29 or any other heavy bomber in the IL series.

If you're really interested in flying them, I suggest you consider "Wings of Valor" from Shockwave. It's a FS2004 addon that gives you some excellently modeled heavies: B-29, B-17, B-24, Privateer, Lancaster...and several variants of each.

They are superbly modeled and highly accurate; combined with some of the best internal graphics and skins you'll see.

While you can't actually drop bombs from them, Shockwave did a remarkable job at getting these models about as realistic as you can in a sim. Just learning to handle a large four engine aircraft on full realism is fun...and educational. It's amazing how many people have their handsfull just with ground handling, takeoff and landings.

There are also a number of reconstructed WWII bases you can download (free) to use with these bombers in both the Pacific and England. Use those and some realistic weather fronts and just the flying has it's merits.

Good luck.

Qbeesh800
02-03-2005, 04:48 PM
Thanks for your posts.
I'd really like to see heavies in PF. Too bad there will be no more bombers. But PZL-37 o" addon would be nice. At least there is B25 and HE111. Still Il2: fb+aep+pf is the best sim i've ever played.
Pozdrawiam i życzę udanych lot³w.

TAGERT.
02-03-2005, 04:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Qbeesh800:
I think guys from Maddox should release patch with flyable B29 Superfortress. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>A *free* patch? Enh.. When you consider how much work goes into making a bomber.. 3D art wise.. It is like making several fighters. So with that said, I think guys from Maddox should release a $50.00 USD addon to PF that addes more bombers like the B29, B17, etc.

I think there should be more heavy bombers in PF. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Be neat.. But to expect it to be added for free is too much to expect imho.

I also think that new gunblast is a mistake. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I like them.

What do you think? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
See above

By the way, does any1 know when the new planes, like do335, are going to be released? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I heard about two weeks.

Qbeesh800
02-03-2005, 05:20 PM
I did not write anything about free addon. I know how much work goes into making planes.
I only want to exchange points of view with other players. I'm really grateful for the game and included planes, especialy for german jets. Maddox crew did the great job.

ps. I prefer previous gunblasts. That is my point of view. But i don't play Pf for the gunblasts.
ps2. As you can see my english is not very good so forgive me.

TAGERT.
02-03-2005, 06:05 PM
I did not write anything about free addon. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Ah, ok, so whan you said.. and I quote.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>"I think guys from Maddox should release patch with flyable B29 Superfortress" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When you said PATCH you ment to say ADDON?

I know how much work goes into making planes. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Do you?

I only want to exchange points of view with other players. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Dont we all.

I'm really grateful for the game and included planes, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>But you still want more.

especialy for german jets. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yeah, they are cute.

Maddox crew did the great job. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>True.

ps. I prefer previous gunblasts. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I dont.

That is my point of view. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>As is mine.

But i don't play Pf for the gunblasts. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Join the club.

ps2. As you can see my english is not very good so forgive me. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Join the club! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Aztek_Eagle
02-04-2005, 12:46 AM
b29 copit is done

m.manson2004
02-04-2005, 01:52 AM
B29 cockpit
----------
thats what i said in the other thread on this subject,its ready since months and with Maddox.
If Luthier ran away with a lot of the work ready thats not a problem since everyone has saved copies of their work.
manson

LEXX_Luthor
02-04-2005, 02:03 AM
~hi~ Qbeesh, try flying at night or after sunset (mission time), the muzzle flash is the same big flash we used to have. I like this because in daytime the real life gun flash was not that big and did not blind pilot, but at night the flash often did blind pilots. Bf~110 night fighter pilots Hated Mk108 cannon because it blinded them when they fire at night. Once saw a great interview with old 110 night fighter pilot, but don't know the link now.

They are working on a few more 2 engine bombers, Ju~88 is all done, and Pe~2 almost done now. Heavy bombers are "okay" but what we really need is more 2 engine tactical bombers. Still...

With Flyable B~29 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif there will finally be The Need for Me~262 and Ki~84C onwhine. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

...actually, BETTY is the most needed "heavy" bomber, as the Japanese considered G4M as heavy bomber. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Wellcome to Forgotten Board

Tobus75
02-04-2005, 03:43 AM
No, no, no, no and uhmm..... no.

If IL2FB/PF needs more flyables, it should be tac-bombers and torp-bombers. For a real strategic-bomber-experience, find a copy of microprose's B17 Flying Fortress, released in 2000. the most intense experience you could ever have in a bombinggame. I don't think even IL2FB/PF can top that regarding heavy bombers.
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/378402.asp

Qbeesh800
02-04-2005, 06:43 AM
Hi Lexx. After thinking all the night, i must admit that new muzzle flash is ok. I was just a little shocked when i saw it for the first time.
I know that there's no chance to see B29 in Il2 series, but tell me: wouldn't you'd like to see it in PF?wouldn't it be nice? Understand that i'm true fan of Il2 and whole military aviation, and i have my own dream that will never come true http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif
Greetings and thanx for reasonable answer.

p1ngu666
02-04-2005, 06:53 AM
be sweet to have a washington http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

luther, check pm's again http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

DarthBane_
02-04-2005, 11:47 AM
I never saw a crawd with more understanding for developers flaws anywhere else! It seems to me that some of you are forming some kind of new religion with Oleg proclaimed as god, or around 100 posters here are developers, their family, relatives and frends. After release of AEP things went down from 1C. I hope it will get better, but what we have is contstant talk of sickness, illness, hard to model, hard to implement, gunner stations (nobody cares about those), false advertising on product box, legal issues, programers leaving the 1c, people who finish their job and than someont mentions QUALITY STANDARDS???!!! What quality? Like in Yak and Mig, Zero, p47, me109, p11 cockpits? Those planes shouldnt be in game if there was any QUALITY standard, and tracers wouldnt pop out of front cockpit glass.

FoolTrottel
02-04-2005, 12:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tobus75:
No, no, no, no and uhmm..... no.

If IL2FB/PF needs more flyables, it should be tac-bombers and torp-bombers. For a real strategic-bomber-experience, find a copy of microprose's B17 Flying Fortress, released in 2000. the most intense experience you could ever have in a bombinggame. I don't think even IL2FB/PF can top that regarding heavy bombers.
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/378402.asp <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

MicroProse B17 Flying Fortress
The Mighty 8TH
Yes, yes, yes, yes and Yes!
(I mean, even IL2FB/PF can't top that regarding heavy bombers.)
Get it, if you want a flyable heavy! It includes Crew management!