PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of Big Waves (water=3) on 6800 Please

oneillj1
10-29-2004, 03:50 PM
Can someone post pictures of the big waves on a 6800 card. I've heard alot about them , but have not seen a picture yet to see how good this effect really is. I also understand that this setting is prety much unplayable on even high end rigs - but do you think the upcoming Nforce 4 SLI Mobo setups (2 6800's in SLI) would run this setting smoothly - or is it still going to be CPU bound? Thanks!

Jim

Lunix
10-29-2004, 05:52 PM
Interesting question. If you send me the hardwear I would be glad to test it out for you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Honestly though seeing the framerates people are getting, which is allmost playable and knowing that SLI mode gives a serious performance increase I would have to say that yes indeed you would end up with a playable framerate. This is a guestimate based on performance figures recieved second hand for a technology which has not hit the field as of yet.

Charlie901
10-29-2004, 11:05 PM
Don't have any with big waves on my 6800GT OC but I do have some photos showing some waves from up high with some nice cloud reflections in the water using Water=3 and PS3.0. If someone has the webspace to host them I'll send them along, just PM me.

Amazingly my frames aren't much lower than Water=1 on my system. I just get some minor stutters over Pearl Harbor with lots of action going on with either water setting.

I'm running a P4 3.06 w/ 1 gig ram an Audigy 2 and the BFG6800GT factory o/c'ed. 1024x768 32bit 4xAA noAF and Nvidia settings on Quality.

I'm stable in the 50 fps range in solo missions which gets higher if I climb and I get some dips into the teens over Pearl Harbor with tons of action and A/C like in the stock single missions. But the teen dips don't seem so stuttery for some reason.

Lateralus_14
10-29-2004, 11:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Charlie901:
If someone has the webspace to host them I'll send them along, just PM me. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://my.screenname.aol.com/_cqr/login/login.psp?siteId=mtNSUS&authLev=1&mcState=initialized&triedAimAuth=y

I assume you have an AIM account. If you don't, just make up one. This gives you 20MB of webspace to do with whatever you wish.