PDA

View Full Version : Poison

xCr0wnedNorris
11-22-2010, 10:50 PM
Poison, in my opinion, is overpowered. There's no animation for it so it happens instantly with no way to counter it. It also seems to have a very large range(I've been poisoned by someone who was 30 ft. away from me) With no real downsides to it, it gives the person using it a huge advantage. Kind of like Templar Vision(a.k.a. scrubs point of view) and the hidden gun.

xCr0wnedNorris
11-22-2010, 10:50 PM
Poison, in my opinion, is overpowered. There's no animation for it so it happens instantly with no way to counter it. It also seems to have a very large range(I've been poisoned by someone who was 30 ft. away from me) With no real downsides to it, it gives the person using it a huge advantage. Kind of like Templar Vision(a.k.a. scrubs point of view) and the hidden gun.

ninja_7_7
11-22-2010, 10:55 PM
You do know that when we use poison we have to be right next to you right...

xCr0wnedNorris
11-22-2010, 11:03 PM
Apparently not with me, I've been poisoned from such insane distances I thought poison was a dart.

ninja_7_7
11-22-2010, 11:04 PM
Nope you have to actually be closer than assassination distance. You have to be right next to your target or walk by.

obliviondoll
11-22-2010, 11:24 PM
The reason you think they did it long range is because poison takes time to kill.

You poison the target, walk away, and they die 5 seconds later.

If someone else kills them before the poison hits, it's only 50 points for "intercepted" and you don't get the kill.

Flincher2007
11-22-2010, 11:41 PM
Yeah lol, half the point of poison is that no one should know it was you because of no animation and that it kills the person after they are 30 ft away so its hard to tell what just happened if you were watching at a distance.

zyghart
11-22-2010, 11:55 PM
Slow acting poison is one of my favorite point bonuses, if you're unlucky enough to get within 1.5 meters from a person with it... well you sort of deserve it. I've failed poison attempts a dozen times or so, even with me literally on top of someone.

Templar Vision has a big drawback too, they glow white.

The gun gives you crap points, if that's the only skill someone relies on... well they'll not be in 1st place too many times. Not to mention you have to stand still, and everyone can pick you out of a crowd.

Honestly, I've never played any game where the skills are so balanced in multiplayer.

obliviondoll
11-22-2010, 11:58 PM
In both the beta and the release versions of the game, my first experience being poisoned was the same.

"oh look, my pursuer" *stun*

*while walking away feeling smug about my victory* "WTF GREEN!?!?!" *dies*

Justin125
11-23-2010, 03:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:
Poison, in my opinion, is overpowered. There's no animation for it so it happens instantly with no way to counter it. It also seems to have a very large range(I've been poisoned by someone who was 30 ft. away from me) With no real downsides to it, it gives the person using it a huge advantage. Kind of like Templar Vision(a.k.a. scrubs point of view) and the hidden gun. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have to pretty much be touching the person for poison too work...I always bump into them in a group and watch them choke to death..sometimes they stun me but the damage has been done and I just laugh maniacally and scream "YOUR TOO LATE MWAHAHAHAHAHA"

Halperin1
11-23-2010, 04:52 AM
Is it possible to stun the guy who poisons you?

MrLaneFox
11-23-2010, 05:32 AM
yeah but he is still going to get the kill in a few seconds.

xCr0wnedNorris
11-23-2010, 07:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zerobounds-:
yeah but he is still going to get the kill in a few seconds. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's the problem I've been having, I've thrown down a smoke bomb on my pursuer, stunned them, ran like hell but somehow they still manages to poison me when they're still just standing back up.

R_Panda
11-23-2010, 07:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zerobounds-:
yeah but he is still going to get the kill in a few seconds. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's the problem I've been having, I've thrown down a smoke bomb on my pursuer, stunned them, ran like hell but somehow they still manages to poison me when they're still just standing back up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They might have Resistance, making them recover fast enough to get up by the time poison takes effect.

Anyway, as far as poison goes, it's pretty powerful, but not overpowered in my opinion. It depends on how popular it is, I think. I'm not quite at a high enough level to tell how often people with the ability go without it. All I know is I use it, and I have a higher score for it.

Keksus
11-23-2010, 07:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You do know that when we use poison we have to be right next to you right... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

+

It has less range than a normal assassination.

luth411
11-23-2010, 08:44 AM
You're either experiencing lag, or you don't realize the point at which the poison was administered, or a combination of both reasons. Even if the poisoner dies after the application, the player still gets the points for the kill.

Poison is often difficult to pull off. If they do, you let them get to close. If someone in the match is poisoning people, keep your distance. If the persona seems strangely keen on coming over to hold your hand, run.

berm87
11-23-2010, 10:16 AM
Hahaha, poison is not overpowered at all. You have to literally be touching your target in order to successfully poison them. It takes a lot of patience and strategy to get that close without your target retaliating in some way. You deserve the extra points you get from it.

I just hate when I poison someone and then some idiot runs up and gets 150 points for killing them before the poison runs its course. :\

rocketxsurgeon
11-23-2010, 10:19 AM
Poison isn't over powered at all.

You literally have to be touching your target for it to work. Its difficult to get that close you your target.

Its one of the most difficult bonuses to use, but its also the most rewarding.

If you let someone get that close to poison you, your doing something wrong, not your pursuer.

TheXenon
11-23-2010, 12:25 PM
Ummmm... Pretty sure you need to be 1.5M from your target to apply poison. Also there's 4 versions. One that kills in 5 seconds, awards 200 points. One that kills in 6.5 seconds, awards 300 points. One that kills in 3.5 seconds, awards 150 points. And one that kills in 5 seconds, awards 200 points and the cooldown is shortened. Not sure what you're talking about. It's not OP at all.

xCr0wnedNorris
11-23-2010, 01:00 PM
I guess it must be lag then. Because I see my pursuer when they're like 20 feet away, run away, but still get poisoned.

luth411
11-23-2010, 01:22 PM
When you say that you still get poisoned...what do you mean?

Do you mean that when you see the pursuer running away from you the graphic effect suddenly shows up?

I'm pretty sure the poison effect doesn't appear on your screen until it's triggered. As the post above mentions, this can be 3-6 seconds after it was planted.

xCr0wnedNorris
11-23-2010, 02:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mpagano411:
When you say that you still get poisoned...what do you mean?

Do you mean that when you see the pursuer running away from you the graphic effect suddenly shows up?

I'm pretty sure the poison effect doesn't appear on your screen until it's triggered. As the post above mentions, this can be 3-6 seconds after it was planted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know there's a time difference between administering the poison, and it taking effect. What I'm saying is that my pursuer doesn't get anywhere near me yet still manages to poison me somehow.

berm87
11-23-2010, 03:54 PM

I know there's a time difference between administering the poison, and it taking effect. What I'm saying is that my pursuer doesn't get anywhere near me yet still manages to poison me somehow. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's extremely bizarre. I've never seen done this nor have I seen it happen. The only thing I can think of is perhaps another of your pursuers poisoned you while you were watching the other or you didn't notice them until after you'd been poisoned.

Wile E Coyoteee
11-23-2010, 04:19 PM
Probably what Berm said.

Another thing I just noticed too, is that yeah, the green doesn't hit you until you're dieing usually. So alot of the time what probably happens is, you've been stuck with poison, then the guy that poisoned you jogs away so that he doesn't get stabbed immediately finishing his kill animation. Now, you look up and see a red arrow above a guy 25 meters away, and THEN your screen turns green, prompting you to think that he poisoned you from forever away, which isn't the case.

When I use poison, I tend to do that very thing, and I have to be careful not to go into a chase sequence! Never had it happen, so idk if I'd still get full points for the kill or only a tiny amount since it was a chase. I guess I'll find out eventually!

Ghoulishtie
11-23-2010, 04:20 PM
Yeah, poison kinda gets to me too, but I deal with it. Only when I get a game with 4+ people who use it will it really annoy me.

Templar Vision is fine. People 'glow' when they use it, which is more than enough to tell me "hey, your smoke bomb is in cooldown, RUN!".

Hidden gun will always seem cheap from my perspective, but that is why they only give 100 points per kill (200 if the target is in midair). I just say to myself 'hope you enjoy that 100 points', and head off to get my 600+ point stealth kill http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

steelernati0n
11-23-2010, 04:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Hidden gun will always seem cheap from my perspective, but that is why they only give 100 points per kill (200 if the target is in midair). I just say to myself 'hope you enjoy that 100 points', and head off to get my 600+ point stealth kill http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya, it's annoying when i've about to pull out a 800 point kill, finger halfway on the button... and bang... bullet in my back.

I only use it once a game to get variety bonuses, then i go to my poisen http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Unless the game's full of runners, a couple bodies falling off a roof usually solves that...

xCr0wnedNorris
11-23-2010, 04:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ghoulishtie:
Yeah, poison kinda gets to me too, but I deal with it. Only when I get a game with 4+ people who use it will it really annoy me.

Templar Vision is fine. People 'glow' when they use it, which is more than enough to tell me "hey, your smoke bomb is in cooldown, RUN!". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the problem I have with poison. I swear to god the last game of Manhunt I played was against an entire clan who did nothing but spam Templar Vision and Poison. Oh, btw, did you know you could walk around a corner, use templar vision, pan the camera to find someone, and they won't see you glowing? Yeah, they did that alot.

Ghoulishtie
11-23-2010, 06:50 PM
eh, smart people I guess. That's actually a good idea, gotta keep that in mind....

Riplings
11-24-2010, 02:12 AM
Poison is like a vampire, both are lethal at close range and both have delicous rewards. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

I use poison like an assassin should, or if someone is like "OMFG that's my pursuer" then the chase is on.... which usually ends with my beloved posion on cooldown and my target a mangled corpse in the street. Though i must say it is still satisifying to pounce my target with the hidden blade and watch the blod fly... it's a same their is no blood with posion