PDA

View Full Version : Ports and Router Setting Issues

Pinpoint2RHh
10-31-2004, 05:49 PM
Greetings folks,

Well, a friend and I just got PF in standalone mode to run however we would like to connect via IP directly and not running Hyperlobby.

We set the port forwarding to port 21000 as the default, and attempt to connect to eachothers hosted game. We are unable to connect to eachothers PC's for some direct play. We tryed this on both of our host machines.

So is there some other port or setting that the direct IP game needs to have open in order to connect, when I set my Linksys router up in DMZ we were still unable to connect to the game session.

Anyone have a fix for this, or is this an issue?

Many thanks
Pinpoint{2RHh}

Athosd
10-31-2004, 06:23 PM
The DMZ will open all your ports for comms. Are you able to ping each other/transfer files over the LAN?

T_O_A_D
10-31-2004, 07:06 PM
You didn't mention a firewall, If you have Win XP you may have it enabled still.

SKULLS Virga
10-31-2004, 07:15 PM
You might also search for threads in the general and tech help forums about creating a static ip address.

Pinpoint2RHh
10-31-2004, 08:17 PM
Ok some more data on this subject:

A host player set up his machine in DMZ and we were then able to connect. However without DMZ enabled, playing direct IP to port 21000 does not allow users to connect.

However in the CONFIG.ini file in the game under these settings:

[NET]
speed=25000
routeChannels=16
serverChannels=31
localPort=21000
remotePort=21000
SkinDownload=1
serverName=Our Server Name Goes Here
serverDescription=Our Squadron LOGO Here
remoteHost=216.180.76.XXX
localHost=192.168.1.100
socksHost=
checkServerTimeSpeed=1
checkClientTimeSpeed=1

Rout Channels was set to 0 once I changed this to 16 it seems to work. I don't know why this was set to 0.

I don't know if this is the actual fix, but this seems to have helped the connection issues.

Does anyone know if more than one port needs to be oppend?

And lastly, if this is in the wrong forum, my appologies, I didnt find a PF help forum..

Pin

Oilburner_TAW
10-31-2004, 09:07 PM
I do NOT have my machine in the dmz. I have port 21000-23000 forwarded to my machine and host co-op's all the time. I've had it this way since IL-2 came out so obviously I read somewhere that you need 21000 all the way through 23000 forwarded. The only other thing to check is to make sure you are giving your buddies your external IP and not the IP assigned by your router. If your IP starts with 192.x.x.x then your giving them the wrong one.

Good Luck!!

ps..I always use the in-game menu to host..there shouldn't be any reason to mess with config files unless you are trying to run a dedicated server.