PDA

View Full Version : 100% Sync - 2nd Difficulty?

St4va
10-29-2011, 03:23 PM
As we all know, not everyone loves all that 100% mission sync concept.
I can't say that I hated it, but I do understand who did. If you think about it, in a way it does ruining the game by taking away what's the game known for and that's the freedom to do whatever you like. In order not to get that big "100 Sync FAIL message", you forced to do the missions one way only.

I think that a good fix could be an additional "Sync Difficulty". For example, when you'll play on normal difficulty - you'll have the freedom to do whatever you want and after you finish the game you'll unlock the new challenge sync difficulty where you'll be given the opinion to sync with your ancestor even more by doing the story like his way.

Also that's a way to bring more challenge to the game and additional stuff.

St4va
10-29-2011, 03:23 PM
As we all know, not everyone loves all that 100% mission sync concept.
I can't say that I hated it, but I do understand who did. If you think about it, in a way it does ruining the game by taking away what's the game known for and that's the freedom to do whatever you like. In order not to get that big "100 Sync FAIL message", you forced to do the missions one way only.

I think that a good fix could be an additional "Sync Difficulty". For example, when you'll play on normal difficulty - you'll have the freedom to do whatever you want and after you finish the game you'll unlock the new challenge sync difficulty where you'll be given the opinion to sync with your ancestor even more by doing the story like his way.

Also that's a way to bring more challenge to the game and additional stuff.

pacmanate
10-29-2011, 04:21 PM
I kinda like that idea. Isnt it confirmed their is a difficulty setting on this game though? or maybe i dreamt it, either way, seemed like a good idea

Sarari
10-29-2011, 04:25 PM
Actually, I don't think they should add a difficulty level option. It just doesn't suit the game to me for some reason.

St4va
10-29-2011, 04:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:
Actually, I don't think they should add a difficulty level option. It just doesn't suit the game to me for some reason. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's true, but what I'm trying to say is that I didn't had in brotherhood to freedom I had in Ac2 and it should be fixed.

SixKeys
10-29-2011, 05:04 PM
I like the OP's idea. Having the 100% sync option on your first playhrough is annoying because to completionists it basically forces you to do the missions in a certain way. It would add to the replay value if you unlocked the sync challenges only after finishing the game.

Jexx21
10-29-2011, 05:07 PM
That's pretty much how I play anyway.

I'm certainly not going to object.

Except, I would tweak the idea into a New Game + kinda thing.

You restart the game over, but once you're in Rome you get back the armor, florins, and weapons you had at the end of the game, just with the new addition of 100% sync challenges (This is just an example using ACB)

LightRey
10-29-2011, 05:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

You restart the game over, but once you're in Rome you get back the armor, florins, and weapons you had at the end of the game, just with the new addition of 100% sync challenges (This is just an example using ACB) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Or the other way 'round. With the game regarding the memories as already having been 100%-ed with a new game +.

SixKeys
10-29-2011, 05:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

You restart the game over, but once you're in Rome you get back the armor, florins, and weapons you had at the end of the game, just with the new addition of 100% sync challenges (This is just an example using ACB) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why would you want the florins back? It's already easy enough to become a millionaire in the first couple of sequences of the game.

LightRey
10-29-2011, 05:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SixKeys:

Why would you want the florins back? It's already easy enough to become a millionaire in the first couple of sequences of the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's fun to be really really really rich. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

SixKeys
10-29-2011, 06:04 PM
The only reason I can see for wanting to have as much money as possible at the beginning of the game would be so you never have to open any banks and never have to endure those annoying pop-ups informing you how much income Rome is currently generating.

xCr0wnedNorris
10-29-2011, 06:19 PM
I'm not sure how this'll fix anything. All the whining completionists will still complain about how they feel forced to play a certain way to meet an objective, and on top of that they'll complain about how they had to complete the entire game before they unlocked the full synch option.

ace3001
10-29-2011, 06:27 PM
I don't think that is a good idea. Gonna make lower difficulty players feel... inadequate. As a result, no one will play the lower difficulty (in your idea, the difficulty only affects 100% sync, right?). http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
What the 100% sync needs is a checkpoint system. ie. A "Restart Memory From Checkpoint" option in the pause menu.

Animuses
10-29-2011, 07:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
What the 100% sync needs is a checkpoint system. ie. A "Restart Memory From Checkpoint" option in the pause menu. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It should be optional or just go away...

xCr0wnedNorris
10-29-2011, 08:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:
It should be optional or just go away... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Okay, you HAVE to be using sarcasm by this point. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

xx-pyro
10-29-2011, 08:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
What the 100% sync needs is a checkpoint system. ie. A "Restart Memory From Checkpoint" option in the pause menu. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It should be optional or just go away... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is optional.

Animuses
10-29-2011, 08:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xx-pyro:
It is optional. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Can I get 100% synchronization without it?

xCr0wnedNorris
10-29-2011, 08:17 PM
Can I get 100% synchronization without it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Is getting 100% overall synch mandatory?

xx-pyro
10-29-2011, 08:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xx-pyro:
It is optional. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is getting 100% synchronization a requirement to beating the game? No, it's an optional endevour.

Sarari
10-29-2011, 09:38 PM
You guys know what I just realized, the 100% sync is also a reason I didn't like Brotherhood, because I felt forced to complete it the way the game wanted me to.

Ik it could have been optional but it was way to tempting to fulfill the full sync :/

Animuses
10-29-2011, 10:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:
Is getting 100% overall synch mandatory? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No, but it is beating the game completely. There is no reason to restrict the player.

It's not justifiable, it does restrict you. MANY people who have played the game dislike it and it ruins the experience.

(xCr0wnedNorris, this is not directed at you.) Just because something is optional doesn't mean it can't be criticized. If there was a side mission in which you must deliver a pizza, is it okay because it's optional?

Saying it's optional is not justifying it.

xCr0wnedNorris
10-29-2011, 10:43 PM
No, but it is beating the game completely. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
For those who want to do it. Keyword being want.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">There is no reason to restrict the player. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
There is no restriction if you don't want there to be.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It's not justifiable, it does restrict you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Again, only if you decide you WANT to do it.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">MANY people who have played the game dislike it and it ruins the experience. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Just like many people LIKED the option.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Just because something is optional doesn't mean it can't be criticized. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I didn't say that. However, when people go on and on about how they're apparently being forced to do something that is completely optional, it can get a little bit annoying. Partially because you hear people complaining about it every other topic, and partially because it makes them look stupid complaining about it.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If there was a side mission in which you must deliver a pizza, is it okay because it's optional? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, because if it's something you don't like, you can avoid it. Shocking, isn't it?
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Saying it's optional is not justifying it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's not supposed to justify it. It's to explain to complainers that they don't have to do it if they don't like it.

masterfenix2009
10-30-2011, 12:21 AM
calm down ppl

Serrachio
10-30-2011, 12:39 AM
I like the idea of a Full Sync toggle switch.

Maybe at the start of the game, you can decide whether or not you would want to enable the Full Sync for the game.

This way, even if it is optional, there is a function to allow you to play the game plain or with the added objectives.

If there is a message saying "You may not recieve certain trophies/achievements by toggling this option off etc." it would at least give some prior warning.

ace3001
10-30-2011, 02:00 AM
It should be optional or just go away... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I wouldn't mind if it went away. In fact, I might even like it. But the truth is, it's not going away. It's optional anyway, but in a way, you're right in the sense that it still is restrictive when considering beating the whole game.

Guess you've got to think of it this way. A good percentage of people seem to like this feature. So, is it fair to remove it so that the ones who don't like to play it can feel good about themselves for beating the game?

What I do about it is this:
1) Play all the memories in the game the way I want without giving a damn about 100% sync.
2) Then if I have time later, play again according to the "rules".
It gives almost twice the game time. Got 31 hours out of ACB single player alone this way. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Anyway, you should try going for 100% sync if you have the time. You'll feel like a total badass when you see that "Total sync (%): 100.0". Mind you, I too hated 100% sync with a passion. But now, I'm kinda on the fence. But I do know one thing. It needs a checkpoint system. Failing and having to restart from the very beginning of a long memory is NOT FUN. Almost went nuts few times because of that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Oh, and what do you guys think about timed missions? I'm all for 100% sync requirements like "Don't take any damage" or "Don't be detected", but the "Complete the memory in 8 minutes" ones are ridiculous. They require memorizing of the path and don't allow stopping for even a second. Takes all the fun out of those platforming sections.

pacmanate
10-30-2011, 02:40 AM
Does the fact that to get full gamerscore or platinum trophie annoy you that you still have to do multiplayer?

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

EzioAssassin51
10-30-2011, 03:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pacmanate:
Does the fact that to get full gamerscore or platinum trophie annoy you that you still have to do multiplayer ****? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you seen just how easy the Multiplayer ones are? If I remember correctly, they'd be optainable in only a few matches...

I think the 100% sync option should stay as it is, the only thing I suggest changing is of course the checkpoint system.

Animuses, you really need to stop complaining about ACB, it's getting bloody annoying. I don't see how it can ruin the experience of ACB. Sure it may be 'restricting' to some point, but you don't have to do the 100%, as it has been said, and you complain about how debilitating it can be to get 50%, what about how awesome and gratifying and fufilling it is to get 100% on a harder to get 100% mission, or even just a normal mission?