PDA

View Full Version : Red Orchestra is Excellent.

SeaFireLIV
07-25-2005, 09:17 AM
Finally got round to D\Ling and trying Red Orchestra 3.3 with the sunner map pack. I had a few runs offline and although the AI`s pretty mundane I actually had a pretty good number of fights. Great authentic-looking maps, great sounds.

What attracted me was the realism and I began to get an inkling of its potential offline.

So, having become familiar with the controls I went online and wow! I was on the Russian side fighting in torn-up Stalingrad... I could hear aircraft overhead and imagined the LW and Soviet aircraft overhead - the planes I would have been flying...

I started sprinting down a wide open street following a couple of men ahead of me. Suddenly enormous explosions happened ahead of us, again and again. They kept running so I did too, hoping not to get hit. After a few seconds I started gasping getting out of breath, I could hear a couple of the others gasping too, but we kept on sprinting. We couldn`t afford to stop. We got past the barrage. The question was, was that enemy artillery or ours?

We slowed to a jog and made cover in a bomb-damaged building, on the otherside I could see a courtyard with a statue of a horse in it. I looked and saw silhouettes bobbing up and down... I opened fire at the moving dots, not sure if they were friendly or enemy, my gun bounced about in my hands.

Suddenly a stick grenade came hurtling towards us, I ducked back - the grenade hit the outside wall, exploding harmlessly but shaking everything and ringing my ears.

A soldier with me threw a nade, the German on the otherside threw another grenade. A massive boom, the screen went slightly red. One man screamed and fell back on to the ground - again my ears were ringing... I decided it was time to move and ran out at a sprint into the clearing another comrade with me. There was a narrow alley way ahead, could we make it? - Someone typed, "TANK!" I looked to my right and I saw a slow dark square form coming towards us...****!

Heavy gunfire -bullets whizzed past my head. I started gasping, tiring again. Suddenly the screen went momentarily red and I slowed to a walk. NO! I`ve been hit in the legs, please don`t kill me now!

More bullets whizzed at me. Then THUD... it was all over.

This MOd is excellent and it is in my view how Battlefield 1942 should have been. But it`s obviously NOT going to be for every one. It`s very realistic, you get tired, there are no magic dots to guide your gun, you must use iron sights. Grenades are extremely deadly and you will feel there effects even if they don`t hit. But sound effects and map designs are excellent!

It OODLES ATMOSPHERE.

I love this mod! The closest I can compare it too is America`s Army. I recommend anyone interested in realistic FPS` to try it.

SeaFireLIV
07-25-2005, 09:17 AM
Finally got round to D\Ling and trying Red Orchestra 3.3 with the sunner map pack. I had a few runs offline and although the AI`s pretty mundane I actually had a pretty good number of fights. Great authentic-looking maps, great sounds.

What attracted me was the realism and I began to get an inkling of its potential offline.

So, having become familiar with the controls I went online and wow! I was on the Russian side fighting in torn-up Stalingrad... I could hear aircraft overhead and imagined the LW and Soviet aircraft overhead - the planes I would have been flying...

I started sprinting down a wide open street following a couple of men ahead of me. Suddenly enormous explosions happened ahead of us, again and again. They kept running so I did too, hoping not to get hit. After a few seconds I started gasping getting out of breath, I could hear a couple of the others gasping too, but we kept on sprinting. We couldn`t afford to stop. We got past the barrage. The question was, was that enemy artillery or ours?

We slowed to a jog and made cover in a bomb-damaged building, on the otherside I could see a courtyard with a statue of a horse in it. I looked and saw silhouettes bobbing up and down... I opened fire at the moving dots, not sure if they were friendly or enemy, my gun bounced about in my hands.

Suddenly a stick grenade came hurtling towards us, I ducked back - the grenade hit the outside wall, exploding harmlessly but shaking everything and ringing my ears.

A soldier with me threw a nade, the German on the otherside threw another grenade. A massive boom, the screen went slightly red. One man screamed and fell back on to the ground - again my ears were ringing... I decided it was time to move and ran out at a sprint into the clearing another comrade with me. There was a narrow alley way ahead, could we make it? - Someone typed, "TANK!" I looked to my right and I saw a slow dark square form coming towards us...****!

Heavy gunfire -bullets whizzed past my head. I started gasping, tiring again. Suddenly the screen went momentarily red and I slowed to a walk. NO! I`ve been hit in the legs, please don`t kill me now!

More bullets whizzed at me. Then THUD... it was all over.

This MOd is excellent and it is in my view how Battlefield 1942 should have been. But it`s obviously NOT going to be for every one. It`s very realistic, you get tired, there are no magic dots to guide your gun, you must use iron sights. Grenades are extremely deadly and you will feel there effects even if they don`t hit. But sound effects and map designs are excellent!

It OODLES ATMOSPHERE.

I love this mod! The closest I can compare it too is America`s Army. I recommend anyone interested in realistic FPS` to try it.

faustnik
07-25-2005, 09:59 AM
Have you tried driving the tanks SeaFire?

LeadSpitter_
07-25-2005, 10:05 AM
I have to disagree with you, while the models and textures are of excellent quality, weapons data is very accurate.

The ut engine is just so outdated and horrable, troop movement, disapearing bodies, the glitch when someone is shot, troop animations. I do think it is better then bf1942's forgotten hope and bf2 and brother in arms.

If they converted the mod to the halflife2 engine it would be something great that can beat out bf2 coduo and all the other troop simulations.

Ku101-Chainsaw
07-25-2005, 10:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by faustnik:
Have you tried driving the tanks SeaFire? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Dont do it, then you will have to remove the word realistic...

(they feel like BF1942 tanks for you who havent played RO yet)

faustnik
07-25-2005, 10:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ku101-Chainsaw:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by faustnik:
Have you tried driving the tanks SeaFire? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Dont do it, then you will have to remove the word realistic...

(they feel like BF1942 tanks for you who havent played RO yet) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's too bad. I keep hoping that a Panzer Elite style sim will be created out of something. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

SeaFireLIV
07-25-2005, 10:20 AM
My experience of the tanks. just tried them. I dunno why you compare them to 1942... Ok, so they don`t move absolutely realistically, but that`s within the UT2004 engine, but it`s way more realistic than 1942.

1. You can`t drive and shoot a tank by youself. You need to have a driver, and a gunner at least.

2. Tanks move realistically slowly and reload realistically slowly (German`s faster).

It`s pretty **** good if you ask me.

LS, I think you`re not giving being fair. The dissappearing thing for example can be fixed to allow bodies to stay forever. I have such a mod. I dunno why the modders haven`t used it here - But the bodies do hang around for at least 20 secs and imagine if the bodies were there continuously, especially with multiple respawns, it would certainly gum up the processing of the game producing slowdown.

Anyway, with all the pros/ cons, this is the BEST realistic FPS we have at the moment with a WWII theme. I hated 1942`s lack of respect for war - RO is way better.

Tooz_69GIAP
07-25-2005, 01:56 PM
RO is pretty cool. I enjoy a run around Danzig, or Stalingrad, or Berlin now and then.

JV44Rall
07-26-2005, 05:34 PM
RO is a blast. But from online comms, I think a lot of players are a bit, uhmm, immature. You have to listen to a lot of arguments, name calling and whinning.

I suppose I could turn off comms, but some players are very helpful.

HellToupee
07-26-2005, 05:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LeadSpitter_:
I have to disagree with you, while the models and textures are of excellent quality, weapons data is very accurate.

The ut engine is just so outdated and horrable, troop movement, disapearing bodies, the glitch when someone is shot, troop animations. I do think it is better then bf1942's forgotten hope and bf2 and brother in arms.

If they converted the mod to the halflife2 engine it would be something great that can beat out bf2 coduo and all the other troop simulations. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing wrong with the engine, it can generally do everything hl2 can well not ut2k4 but games like swat4 splintercell run off ut engine swat 4 has havok physics same as hl2 but they have access to the engine source now.

The movement in the game is intentional i dont like it, i feel the game is too clunky and unresponsive everything takes to long its realism over gameplay. Most maps wind up stalemates very spammy one shot kills and nuke like grenades. I feel hidden and dangerous 2 is a much better game, but im sick of ww2 shooters theres just too many of them all pretty much the same only rtcw/et feels orginal.

SeaFireLIV
07-27-2005, 04:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JV44Rall:
RO is a blast. But from online comms, I think a lot of players are a bit, uhmm, immature. You have to listen to a lot of arguments, name calling and whinning.

I suppose I could turn off comms, but some players are very helpful. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are right, I`ve been playing over a few days now and there are some surprising immature idiots in RO. Some of them call cheat or just spam pointlessly. The worst thing is, UT2004 in which RO is, allows for voice talk automatically, so you often are listening to squeaking inane voices going on over and over again about pointless c r a p or spamming- and all I want to do is work as a team and win the battle.

Another thing was I was having a good run on one SQUAD server, trying to fight, when suddenly they just kicked me. I thought, `what?` Then a message came up saying I`d been kicked so some squad memeber could take my place. That was so **** rude! They gave me no warning at all and I`d been fighting well for an hour. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

It`s surprising since RO is definitely way harder than the standard UT2004 to play, but it still has big moany, pansy-assed arseholes on it who won`t shut up. It`s a free mod for gawd`s sake!

So while I think RO is very good, a lot of its members are looking like a childish dissappointment. I`m hoping to get friends into RO and then I`ll have decent folk to fight with. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

tHeBaLrOgRoCkS
07-27-2005, 04:34 AM
Yup the irony is that the things you mention in RO are the precise reason I gave up on FPS and got into flight siming.

I have played RO too and found it quite a pleasant suprise but I had absoulutely no desire what so ever to expose my self to the banal rantings of the FPS masses you find on public servers ( at least not when I am sober) .

The only fps I have been able to stomach of late has been Hidden and Dangerous 2 and the sabre squadron expansion, which is squad based and has some very well put together coop maps that can be played with a small unit of say four freinds or more quite enjoyably.

Of course it too is subject to the usual 'death match' mentality if played on public servers. And on the down side is not open to modification as much as some FPS out there.

I am currently keeping my eye on Band of Brothers as a sdk for that is due for release at some point. And all though it does lack certain features as is I suspect once the mod community gets going with it we may see some very interesting developments.

However I digress and as you have said yourself the only way you will get the proper enjoyment you seek from any of the current FPS is if you can play with a group who have the same motivation as yourself and perhaps have the benefit of a few more years 'experience' under their belts http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Still that said listening to some little baby whine their azz off cos you popped their cranium for the fith time and they are too bone brained to try another method of attack other than the head on charge http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

SeaFireLIV
07-27-2005, 05:03 AM
Too right, tHeBaLrOgRoCkS. This is the only thing that might scupper me bothering with RO at this rate.

SeaFireLIV
07-27-2005, 08:58 AM
Just to let you know I`m canning Red Orchestra - the Mods excellent, but the guys who play it are idiots (well at least 90% of them).

Sad, really.

BSS_Goat
07-27-2005, 09:16 AM
Have ya'll tried SWAT 4? Very good game IMHO, of course.

tHeBaLrOgRoCkS
07-27-2005, 09:18 AM
Yup call me old fashioned but I prefer to do my name calling whining and *****ing in a forum like a proper grown up and not like some noob in-game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Sorry to hear your canning it mate but can't say I am suprised its the nature of the beast. still you could always save it for a rainy day ?

BigganD
07-27-2005, 09:27 AM
My brother did some textures for that mod http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
believe it or not the program leader is a 16 old boy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif maybe hes 17 now.

HellToupee
07-27-2005, 03:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
It`s surprising since RO is definitely way harder than the standard UT2004 to play, but it still has big moany, pansy-assed arseholes on it who won`t shut up. It`s a free mod for gawd`s sake!
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I find it easyer especially shooting :P but then ive had games in ut2k4 vs gimix where i went down in a 1v1 60odddeatths (i think it was heigher)to 1 kill. I would agree the RO community is very very bad, very arrogant bunch.

Swat 4s ok just really hate the slow movement, especially when u often get hit in the leg then the already ultra slow becomes standstill, watching suspects run away from u at the speed of light and not being able to follow :/ the speed dose not feel right with me.

SeaFireLIV
07-27-2005, 03:21 PM
Yes, I have Swat4 which is great offline. I played LAN with a m8 and it was great. I dunno if I`ll go multiplayer though.

As for walking with Swat4, it`s slow because that`s standard procedeure, apparently, they never run. I think the speed`s about right. BUT the option to walk, jog and sprint should be there. What they could do is have run but realistocally handicap it by making your aim way off and (like RO) have you run out of breath after a sprint.

HellToupee
07-27-2005, 04:07 PM
i dislike being forced to comply with procedure, in real life im sure they have the option of moving faster if the cituation calls for it. Also makes mutliplayer verses quite boring. Doing things at the speed of the game gives the suspects all the time in the world to shoot the lot of yas

BSS_Goat
07-27-2005, 04:19 PM
SWAT4 is a great game but the official forum is dead and I think the support is terrible. Online is fun if you can get a semi-serious group playing.

Xiolablu3
07-28-2005, 10:18 AM
Cool I may have to try it!

My fav WW2 online game by far is Call Of Duty: United Offensive (tho I havent played RO)

The domination maps are just so much fun, with the realism mod there are no crosshairs either u must aim.

Real good fun the Ponyri map.

The German Front mod for COD is good too!

Enemy Teritory is however, very bad I think. Mainly because of the massive amount of cheating in the game (what happened to punkbuster?) Its just a lot of people spamming gunfire and grenades, no tactics at all.
The beach level in RTCW was fun but I dont like the new ET. There are so many cheats out for it now and no attempt to stop them.

croc106
07-28-2005, 10:50 AM
personaly, i hate it. the weaons on it are acrutet. i love fh for bf1942. i think its the most realistic WW2 mod for any game out there. jus wait for fh2 to come out. can u say UERLY AWSOME. anyways bf2 beats RO anyways. specialy sense it dont got as many glitches as RO. now ths should start a flame war. ahbahahah

tHeBaLrOgRoCkS
07-28-2005, 02:11 PM
You need to try harder than that croc they don't hand matches out to just anybody in this forum you know http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

HellToupee
07-28-2005, 09:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xiolablu3:
Enemy Teritory is however, very bad I think. Mainly because of the massive amount of cheating in the game (what happened to punkbuster?) Its just a lot of people spamming gunfire and grenades, no tactics at all.
The beach level in RTCW was fun but I dont like the new ET. There are so many cheats out for it now and no attempt to stop them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dissagree cheats which work in et would also work in games like cod as it happens with a certian opengl wall hack, punkbuster was also recently updated. As for spam the spam is even less than cod and much less so than red orchestra, since it requires a significant amount of hits i would hardly call shooting some one multiple times spam most people have overall accuracys greater than 30% at the end of a 15minute gameand the grenades in et also are short ranged and must pretty much land at a persons feet for a kill in RO ild be surprised if anyone had over 5%.

edit with automatic weapons, the rifles are instagib railguns :P

IN red orchestra people running around with 60 round one shot kill machine guns the levels with indoors are shocking for this and grenades which in one spawn ive managed to kill an entire side with a single grenade.

I dislike realism fps games, its trying to simulate people which is not possible il2 is simulating operating a machine with a machine, u cant simulate controling your arms and legs with a machine.

Atleast ET simulates things better than ro like teamwork, bf2 is also pretty much the same system as rtcw/et. FPS's requre so called arcade helpers and mechanics to have any depth or teamwork fps simulations will just degenerate into a lone wolf team deathmatch. Il2 is a bit like this but teammates are actually worth more than alternate targets for the enemy.

SeaFireLIV
07-29-2005, 03:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HellToupee:

IN red orchestra people running around with 60 round one shot kill machine guns the levels with indoors are shocking for this and grenades which in one spawn ive managed to kill an entire side with a single grenade.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not quite sure what you are saying here. MGs should kill with one shot, and if not wound badly, which they do. Or do yuo mean sub machine guns? Again, you need to do a spray to kill, although often 1 shot will do the job.

And -er- shouldn`t one grenade kill (or incapacitate) an entire group if caught in a room with it. I don`t think you understand reality if you think shrapnel from a grenade in an enclosed space can`t do that. Grenades are pretty devasting in RO, as they should be - get a lot of space, make sure no friendlies are near, throw your grenade and GET DOWN!

SeaFireLIV
07-29-2005, 03:19 AM
p.s In fact, you don`t need to be in a room to kill everyone with a grenade, just make sure they`re all bunched up together. Realistic to me.

ImpStarDuece
07-29-2005, 04:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by croc106:
personaly, i hate it. the weaons on it are acrutet. i love fh for bf1942. i think its the most realistic WW2 mod for any game out there. jus wait for fh2 to come out. can u say UERLY AWSOME. anyways bf2 beats RO anyways. specialy sense it dont got as many glitches as RO. now ths should start a flame war. ahbahahah </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It might start a flame war if people could understand what you are trying to say. Incomprehensible and unitelligble gabble doesn't really offend too many people.

Remember kids, your tounge is not a typing implement.

Recon_609IAP
07-29-2005, 06:11 AM
What is RO ?

HellToupee
07-29-2005, 07:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
p.s In fact, you don`t need to be in a room to kill everyone with a grenade, just make sure they`re all bunched up together. Realistic to me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i wasnt talking about indoors about grenades, thing is everyone in the game has grenades, some classes have many greades, uget more each spawn, and you dont even need to be that bunched up they have massive leathal range.

majorty of combat is grenades on close fighting maps, as for submachine guns it was inreply to other game that was called spammy, im just saying nothing is more spammy than running around hip shooting with a 60round submachine gun.

PBNA-Boosher
07-29-2005, 07:38 PM
I know exactly how you feel SeaFire, I love the game, but I hate how some of hte people don't play the game honorably. Spammers and **** who just play to get kills, whether it's their team or not.

tried UT2004, hated it, btw. No tactics in it except for shooting and running.

for Recon: RO is Red Orchestra, a mod for UT2004 that emulates the eastern front of WW2 on the ground.

HellToupee
07-29-2005, 08:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PBNA-Boosher:
tried UT2004, hated it, btw. No tactics in it except for shooting and running. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But then again what difference is RO? Its those attitudes of the ro community that lead them to put down all non realism games as kiddie or simplistic when their own is no different.

Tho ut2k4 does have tactics specially in duel and ctf modes but dont expect real life tactics, and the world no 2/3 or whatever i played that beat me 80-1 or something wasnt just running and shooting, and ive been playing a while, can manage godlike on those run and gunners pubs.`

Xiolablu3
08-05-2005, 05:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HellToupee:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xiolablu3:
The beach level in RTCW was fun but I dont like the new ET. There are so many cheats out for it now and no attempt to stop them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dissagree cheats which work in et would also work in games like cod as it happens with a certian opengl wall hack, punkbuster was also recently updated. As for spam the spam is even less than cod and much less so than red orchestra, since it requires a significant amount of hits i would hardly call shooting some one multiple times spam most people have overall accuracys greater than 30% at the end of a 15minute gameand the grenades in et also are short ranged and must pretty much land at a persons feet for a kill in RO ild be surprised if anyone had over 5%.

edit with automatic weapons, the rifles are instagib railguns :P

I dislike realism fps games, its trying to simulate people which is not possible il2 is simulating operating a machine with a machine, u cant simulate controling your arms and legs with a machine.

Atleast ET simulates things better than ro like teamwork, bf2 is also pretty much the same system as rtcw/et. FPS's requre so called arcade helpers and mechanics to have any depth or teamwork fps simulations will just degenerate into a lone wolf team deathmatch. Il2 is a bit like this but teammates are actually worth more than alternate targets for the enemy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I totally disagree. I prefer a bit of realism and Wolf ET is just mad mad mad action with no regard for your death, players dying all over, artillery and mortar spamming etc.

Call Of Duty on the right servers with Domination or Seek and Destroy is a real game of skill and 'feel' much more WW2 like. (I know that its just a game but ET doesnt feel like a tense WW2 scenario at all to me, its just deathmatch type running madly spraying guns all over.)

Plus COD has Tanks and Jeeps http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Each to his own tho m8, if you prefer ET then thats cool, I just prefer my games a bit more tactical and slower, in effect a bit more 'real'

HellToupee
08-05-2005, 06:07 PM
I totally disagree. I prefer a bit of realism and Wolf ET is just mad mad mad action with no regard for your death, players dying all over, artillery and mortar spamming etc.

Call Of Duty on the right servers with Domination or Seek and Destroy is a real game of skill and 'feel' much more WW2 like. (I know that its just a game but ET doesnt feel like a tense WW2 scenario at all to me, its just deathmatch type running madly spraying guns all over.)

Plus COD has Tanks and Jeeps http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Each to his own tho m8, if you prefer ET then thats cool, I just prefer my games a bit more tactical and slower, in effect a bit more 'real' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes there is no reguard for your death thats because the focus of the game is on completeing the objectives if u reguard your death too highly you would never complete the objectives. CoD may be slowerbut you could argue et has more tactics and i dont mean real life ones but game ones. But ultimatly its still just the same deathmatch because of the lack of respawn killing is reguarded over objectives which i dont like. But then again team deathmatch is the 2nd most popular mode so coders like that sorta thing.

x__CRASH__x
08-05-2005, 06:58 PM
JG27&gt;Reload worked on Red Orchestra. You may thank him in person on Hyperlobby! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Atomic_Marten
08-05-2005, 07:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Recon_609IAP:
What is RO ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Red Orchestra. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

BTW I'm gonna check this one.. sounds like a good addition to UT.

Atomic_Marten
08-07-2005, 05:09 PM
Just checked it and I am having a great time with Practice mode. Wide variety of historical weapons that is what makes it attractive to me...

MEGILE
08-07-2005, 05:40 PM
This thread sucks without screenshots.

Atomic_Marten
08-07-2005, 06:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Megile:
This thread sucks without screenshots. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed, so

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/Atomic_Marten/UnrealTournament_RO/RO-KrasnyiOktyabr.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/Atomic_Marten/UnrealTournament_RO/Comrades.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/Atomic_Marten/UnrealTournament_RO/Sniper.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/Atomic_Marten/UnrealTournament_RO/Sniper_001.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/Atomic_Marten/UnrealTournament_RO/Sniper_002.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/Atomic_Marten/UnrealTournament_RO/Gruppenfhrer.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/Atomic_Marten/UnrealTournament_RO/MG_Shtze.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/Atomic_Marten/UnrealTournament_RO/smokintank_shot.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/Atomic_Marten/UnrealTournament_RO/Ger_vehicle.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/Atomic_Marten/UnrealTournament_RO/Ger_advancing.jpg

MEGILE
08-07-2005, 06:53 PM
hmmm looks interesting

pray tell how one may purchase this game?

SeaFireLIV
08-07-2005, 07:17 PM
FunnY. I say funny Cos all you need to do is read the start post and it`ll tell you. Buy UT2004, patch up, then check around the UT websites until you find the mods section and download the mod Red Orchestra. In other words and just to make it clearer, Red Orchestra is free, but you have to buy UT2004 to play it.

Atomic_Marten
08-07-2005, 08:58 PM
Yes... the best thing about the whole thing (lol) is that RO is FREE. And it is whole new game... excellent one if I may add.

So if for nothing UT2004 is worth to obtain only for this purpose. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

JG52_wunsch
08-07-2005, 09:33 PM
i played alot til 3.2,caused me so much lag when grenade went off,it was unplayable.i ll have to check out this new version and give it a try.i started playing it because of the realism to,cheers.

Atomic_Marten
08-07-2005, 09:45 PM
Wunsch I have also a problems of my own with that game... sometimes it just boot my windows (computer is restarted) when I exit the game.

About grenades and lag, I have noticed it too, especially when there are a lot of players on map. I figured that must be my 'weak' VGA... in both cases (boot and lag) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

On the other hand it can be a driver issue also, since I am using 66.93 because of FB.