PDA

View Full Version : new dlc after da vinci disapearance?

dynamitemilk360
03-26-2011, 10:17 PM
are there going to be any more single player dlc's after the da vinci disapearance? i would realy like to play more missions

dynamitemilk360
03-26-2011, 10:17 PM
are there going to be any more single player dlc's after the da vinci disapearance? i would realy like to play more missions

TorQue1988
03-27-2011, 03:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dynamitemilk360:
are there going to be any more single player dlc's after the da vinci disapearance? i would realy like to play more missions </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
you and me both...but nothing is confirmed unfortunately .

AntiChrist7
03-27-2011, 07:13 AM
There is offcours Ezio saying he met the hermicists before, and we don't know what he does in the years 1504-1505.

But i hope we get another dlc

crash3
03-27-2011, 08:25 AM
another DLC should include ezio returning to the villa so we see what he does there (we only see a glimpse of him with esmond through the bleeding effect at the beginning of ACB) we should see what ezio means when he says hes encountered the hermeticists before and we should be able to free-roam in all the cities of AC2 and not just be stuck in Rome all the time it would be cool to see a map of italy with a load of labeled cities that ezio has liberated in his career also maybe some extra assassination missions within those cities too i think the cities from AC2 (especially florence and venice) have been left behind too suddenly so we should bring them back into ACB before seeing completely new cities in AC3

kriegerdesgottes
03-27-2011, 11:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crash3:
another DLC should include ezio returning to the villa so we see what he does there (we only see a glimpse of him with esmond through the bleeding effect at the beginning of ACB) we should see what ezio means when he says hes encountered the hermeticists before and we should be able to free-roam in all the cities of AC2 and not just be stuck in Rome all the time it would be cool to see a map of italy with a load of labeled cities that ezio has liberated in his career also maybe some extra assassination missions within those cities too i think the cities from AC2 (especially florence and venice) have been left behind too suddenly so we should bring them back into ACB before seeing completely new cities in AC3 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

agreed but we will never get all the ACII cities added, if that was possible, Rome would have been included into ACII as it was originally planned for the game. (my source for that is also the interview with Phillipe bergeron.) also to add to your dlc idea I would also really like to be able to play as ACII ezio preferably without the beard. I'm the only person who doesn't to like the beard apparently.

NuclearFuss
03-27-2011, 11:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AntiChrist7:
There is offcours Ezio saying he met the hermicists before, and we don't know what he does in the years 1504-1505.

But i hope we get another dlc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well he said people in robes tried to take it. Not Specifically Hermicists. I took it to mean Savanarola.

El_Sjietah
03-27-2011, 12:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sackboy411:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AntiChrist7:

Well he said people in robes tried to take it. Not Specifically Hermicists. I took it to mean Savanarola. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He said "those robes" though. Savanarola's robes look nothing like those the Hermicists wear.

GunnarGunderson
03-27-2011, 02:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sackboy411:

Well he said people in robes tried to take it. Not Specifically Hermicists. I took it to mean Savanarola. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't think Ezio would bring up Savonarola, seeing as how it had nothing to do with the hermatists and it wasn't very relevant, He also said there were multiple men in robes

Abeonis
03-28-2011, 02:56 AM

Speak for yourself. I've read the book, so I know exactly what happened to Ezio during that time period.

AntiChrist7
03-28-2011, 06:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abeonis:

Speak for yourself. I've read the book, so I know exactly what happened to Ezio during that time period. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It still doesn't say where Ezio met the hermicists before.

Abeonis
03-28-2011, 08:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abeonis:

Speak for yourself. I've read the book, so I know exactly what happened to Ezio during that time period. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It still doesn't say where Ezio met the hermicists before. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, it doesn't. That line did confuse me when I first heard it, though like Sackboy said, I suspect he could have been grouping Savanarola and the Cult of Hermes together.

El_Sjietah
03-28-2011, 09:28 AM
No, it doesn't. That line did confuse me when I first heard it, though like Sackboy said, I suspect he could have been grouping Savanarola and the Cult of Hermes together. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would be a gross generalisation. The two have nothing in common.

They both wear robes, that's pretty much it. And even those are very different.

AntiChrist7
03-28-2011, 09:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
No, it doesn't. That line did confuse me when I first heard it, though like Sackboy said, I suspect he could have been grouping Savanarola and the Cult of Hermes together. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They both wear robes, that's pretty much it. And even those are very different. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed. and Ezio says to Salai "they were after an object i had in my possesion". Ezio didn't have the apple during the bonfire of the vanities

Abeonis
03-28-2011, 12:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by El_Sjietah:

They both wear robes, that's pretty much it. And even those are very different. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed. and Ezio says to Salai "they were after an object i had in my possesion". Ezio didn't have the apple during the bonfire of the vanities </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, but it was in his possession when Savanarola took it from him. He never said ""they were after an object i had in my possesion, but they failed", he simply mentioned they were after it.

Also, the ideals of Savanarola and the Cult of Hermes are not that different from one another. Savanarola wanted to return Florence to a more religiously-motivated, united, sinless society (as he saw it), whilst the Cult wanted to use "the number" to bring peace to the world, once again, united.

El_Sjietah
03-28-2011, 12:34 PM

Also, the ideals of Savanarola and the Cult of Hermes are not that different from one another. Savanarola wanted to return Florence to a more religiously-motivated, united, sinless society (as he saw it), whilst the Cult wanted to use "the number" to bring peace to the world, once again, united. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And the Templars want to use the PoE to control mankind and bring peace to the world. I guess they're the same as well then.

Grouping people together based on a very limited description of them is the definition of generalisation.

Abeonis
03-28-2011, 05:22 PM

Also, the ideals of Savanarola and the Cult of Hermes are not that different from one another. Savanarola wanted to return Florence to a more religiously-motivated, united, sinless society (as he saw it), whilst the Cult wanted to use "the number" to bring peace to the world, once again, united. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And the Templars want to use the PoE to control mankind and bring peace to the world. I guess they're the same as well then.

Grouping people together based on a very limited description of them is the definition of generalisation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I fail to see why you're accusing me of generalising, I know full well the differences between the different parties thank you very much, I'm not grouping anybody together. That said, we are attempting to explain Ezio's word, from an in-universe perspective, he would not have necessarily been aware of a difference between the two parties.

So I suggest you take your tone and voice and shove it, I don't appreciate being spoken to like that.

El_Sjietah
03-29-2011, 02:32 AM

I fail to see why you're accusing me of generalising, I know full well the differences between the different parties thank you very much, I'm not grouping anybody together. That said, we are attempting to explain Ezio's word, from an in-universe perspective, he would not have necessarily been aware of a difference between the two parties.

So I suggest you take your tone and voice and shove it, I don't appreciate being spoken to like that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Read again, I said in a previous post it'd be too much of a generalisation for Ezio to group those together, which makes the hypothesis farfetched. That's what I was referring to.

Now simmer down, mr. E-Thug. Internet aggression will only get you laughed at.

AntiChrist7
03-29-2011, 06:07 AM

Indeed. and Ezio says to Salai "they were after an object i had in my possesion". Ezio didn't have the apple during the bonfire of the vanities </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, but it was in his possession when Savanarola took it from him. He never said ""they were after an object i had in my possesion, but they failed", he simply mentioned they were after it.

But still, Savonarola didn't have a cult around him like the hermicists do (savonarola's men didn't even dress the same as he does), and he operated alone in the beginning, while Ezio clearly says "they". I don't think Ezio would make the mistake of mixing the two.

Abeonis
03-29-2011, 06:30 AM
Now simmer down, mr. E-Thug. Internet aggression will only get you laughed at. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not being agressive. You're being childish and, quite frankly, insulting with your tone.

But still, Savonarola didn't have a cult around him like the hermicists do (savonarola's men didn't even dress the same as he does), and he operated alone in the beginning, while Ezio clearly says "they". I don't think Ezio would make the mistake of mixing the two. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
As I have to say again although I personally do not believe he was referring to Savanarola and the Cult together, it is a possibility (one of many). Nobody is making the mistake of mixing the two.

If you have another suggestion for who Ezio could've been referring to, we can easily discuss that option.

El_Sjietah
03-29-2011, 09:29 AM
Now simmer down, mr. E-Thug. Internet aggression will only get you laughed at. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not being agressive. You're being childish and, quite frankly, insulting with your tone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All I did was provide an example to discredit your flawed theory and a follow up conclusion. If you think that's childish or insulting, I feel sorry for you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"><BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AntiChrist7:
But still, Savonarola didn't have a cult around him like the hermicists do (savonarola's men didn't even dress the same as he does), and he operated alone in the beginning, while Ezio clearly says "they". I don't think Ezio would make the mistake of mixing the two. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
As I have to say again although I personally do not believe he was referring to Savanarola and the Cult together, it is a possibility (one of many). Nobody is making the mistake of mixing the two.

If you have another suggestion for who Ezio could've been referring to, we can easily discuss that option. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is no valid suggestion at this point. That's the problem.

Rakudaton
03-29-2011, 03:35 PM
Guys, guys. Calm down.

@Abeonis -- you are being kind of agressive. Even if the other guy's being irritating in your opinion, you should still try and stay polite.

@El_Sjietah -- your comment about generalising did sound a bit like you were calling Abeonis ignorant, so I can understand why he reacted like he did.

And yes, before someone meta-judges me:

@Rakudaton -- you're being too condescending and judgmental.

There, now are we all sorted? Good. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif

My first thought was that he was referring to Savonarola, but now I'm leaning more towards Ezio having met the Hermeticists before. But I don't think we'll meet them in the next DLC... surely Ubi will want to do something different?

scope2005
03-29-2011, 04:45 PM
I sincerely hope there is more DLC in the pipeline.

I really enjoyed "The Da Vinci dissapearance", Ubi have learned from past mistakes (refering to the lacklustre AC2 DLC packs), as this DLC was full of substance.

There are rumours abound that there may not be an AC game in 2011 (possibly due to the change of setting from renaissance italy), so if this is the case I really hope Ubi have something planned as far as DLC goes to give us our fix.

If this is true then I would really like to see some DLC which expands on the ending of ACB and properly paves the way for a sequel. Perhaps finalising the fate of Lucy (is she/or isn't she dead?), Introducing william (other than as just a voice-over), and explaining what the assassins need the number from from the pythagorean temple for (they are clearly map co-ordinates but for what exactly?).

My hopes, however unlikely.

galenwolf
03-29-2011, 10:02 PM
If there is another DLC I hope we get to see Ezio use the Apple prior to moving it and get to watch Ezio watch Desmonds life for once. Maybe view glimpses of Desmond trying out Ezio's moves, also taking out guards, then gaining entrance to the Villa. All the while with little remarks, maybe have him say a come back to Lucys remark about Desmond learning Ezio's talents, when he's taking out the guards etc with a "so YOU'RE Desmond" when he first hears his name with "... those are Assassin robes in the future? Merda! So much for the future..."