PDA

View Full Version : help to get started

jhorne125
06-19-2007, 03:07 PM
ive played many flight sims in the past, and this isnt my first encounter with a a brake system. pressing B as the fold-out says, yields nothing for me, and i cant get my aircraft moving.

any tips to get over this hump?

jhorne125
06-19-2007, 03:07 PM
ive played many flight sims in the past, and this isnt my first encounter with a a brake system. pressing B as the fold-out says, yields nothing for me, and i cant get my aircraft moving.

any tips to get over this hump?

berg417448
06-19-2007, 03:13 PM
You need to assign a key to the Chocks. The chocks must be removed before the aircraft can move.

major_setback
06-19-2007, 03:33 PM
You need to remove chocks on an aircraft carrier, and on some online maps.
Landing Gear needs to be raised manually on some aircraft by mapping a key to raise and lower them and hitting repeatedly in those aircraft (I16, Wildcat and some others).

Map a key for the 'tail hook', 'open canopy' , 'wing fold' and 'raise seat' too (only works on carrier aircraft)

Zeus-cat
06-19-2007, 08:50 PM
I suggest you download and play my Straight From the Farm campaign. It will show you all the basics like wheel chocks, wing folding, manual gear, carrier take offs, etc.

This campaign was created for people who are new to the PF/IL-2 sim. Many people have found it very helpful.