PDA

View Full Version : Everybody given up on THEATRE OF WAR?

leitmotiv
05-06-2007, 12:30 AM
I have just started fiddling with the May 1940 French campaign. Any observations? Seems fine so far. No hang ups.

leitmotiv
05-06-2007, 12:30 AM
I have just started fiddling with the May 1940 French campaign. Any observations? Seems fine so far. No hang ups.

ICDP
05-06-2007, 03:05 AM
Well it has serious potential. Plenty of detail and very good grappics with some decent tank v tank combat. Unfortunately it has some serious flaws that keep me going back for more. It has probably the worst command system for any RTS released in recent years and some of the dumbest AI pathfinding. Some are complaining of various forums about poor LOS or LOF etc. To be honest I find this area to be OK, not great but not as flawed as some are making out. My biggest gripe is the very poorly implemented movement, no waypoints is a big problem. For example if you have tanks moving at speed and you change direction even as little as 1 degree the tanks will stop dead, rotate to the new heading and then start moving again. During flanking or movement on the battlefield this is suicide for your tanks and you end up losing armour when you shouldn't. Everyone knows tanks don't have to stop to change direction yet this flaw makes tank tactics worthless in the game.

The upcoming patch that has been promised is supposed to sort the lack of waypoints. I only hope they fix the stop start movement flaw.

PBNA-Boosher
05-06-2007, 01:00 PM
I'm still waiting for my CD, I pre-ordered for both download and CD and it hasn't been sent to me yet, it seems. It's fun, but occasionally it gets frustrating. My troops are at point blank range and don't fire at enemy soldiers.

I also get random CTD's.