PDA

View Full Version : pop-up graphics - any fix???

jason_peters
07-25-2004, 03:05 PM
Hi All

Still just getting into the sim

nor running perfect mode (due to the great Amiga Drivers) but there is still a great deal of pop-up.

Is there a way to increase the draw distances of objects?

---------------------------
AMD 64bit 3200; Rad 9800 Pro XT; 1 Gig Ram

jason_peters
07-25-2004, 03:05 PM
Hi All

nor running perfect mode (due to the great Amiga Drivers) but there is still a great deal of pop-up.

AMD 64bit 3200; Rad 9800 Pro XT; 1 Gig Ram

tsisqua
07-25-2004, 03:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jason_peters:
Hi All

AMD 64bit 3200; Rad 9800 Pro XT; 1 Gig Ram<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even on perfect the draw distance is shorter than you, me, and a whole lot of others would like to see.

The game is optimized (believe it or not) for machines of varied power. Todays rigs, coupled with the next generation cards that are coming available can definitely run a greater draw distance. I think that our hopes for FB getting a greater draw-distance will depend on how long we get support for FB from 1C. I know that Oleg can code it, but it will have to be a gift from him after all the other work he has to do gets done. I think that will be another 5 years, from what I read. By then FB will be an old, antiquated game.

http://server6.uploadit.org/files/tsisqua-bird1.JPG