PDA

View Full Version : Maybe a little disappointed...(SPOILERS...maybe)

piercedthrough
11-28-2010, 02:30 PM
Ok well first off before I say any of this i want to make it clear that i LOVE these games. But lets be honest, Brotherhood, however amazing and great it is, is not a perfect game. I would be the LAST person to criticize an AC game but I feel that the advertising and the marketing for this game was a little...misleading. Like they gave the wrong impressions on some parts of the game.
Things that were OVERemphasized
Persona Customization- Alright well this was just a big peeve of mine. Gabe gave us the impression in some of his videos that the colors and the gear for the characters was gonna be AMAZING. I was anticipating full blown clothing customization and maybe a little armor. I mean I understand why they couldn't implement this as there would be morons running around with a pink and purple priest or something but...well you get the idea
The Brotherhood- This was an excellent feature that wasn't implemented to its fullest. The customization was a little weak (I'm a customization freak haha) and i felt more like I was using my assassins as failproof tools than actual recruits that i had trained. If one died, so what? It was easy beyond belief to get another one.
Horses- These were stated to be indispensable tools that we would use all the time in our freerunning and combat. I disagree. I have never once used the horse for free running other than to get the challenge for the thieves guild and the same goes for the combat. Honestly, maybe because i had just played Red Dead Redemption before this game, but i felt that the horses were slow...veeerrry slow, and i think i actually could outrun the war horse.
The Multiplayer Game Modes- Ok in all seriousness these are variations of deathmatch. I understand that this was a new excursion for the AC games but come on, advanced wanted?? And the DLC thats to be released later is just Advanced Alliance. There are dozens of possibilities for this franchise as a multiplayer game...and Ubisoft isn't really capitalizing on it.
Random things that sorta bugged me- these aren't really things that Ubisoft stated would be different, but i was annoyed all the same.
Rebuilding Rome- I kinda thought that when we purchased the landmarks they would change like the shops or at least contribute to the florins i gained every 20 minutes.
Some of the 100% sync missions *cough TANK*- I understand that these are supposed to be challenges but theres a fine line between challenging and infuriatingly impossible (at least for a mediocre gamer like me)
Like I said in the beginning this is a GREAT game but it could have been excellent if some changes were made. If you disagree please RESPECTFULLY state why.

piercedthrough
11-28-2010, 02:30 PM
Ok well first off before I say any of this i want to make it clear that i LOVE these games. But lets be honest, Brotherhood, however amazing and great it is, is not a perfect game. I would be the LAST person to criticize an AC game but I feel that the advertising and the marketing for this game was a little...misleading. Like they gave the wrong impressions on some parts of the game.
Things that were OVERemphasized
Persona Customization- Alright well this was just a big peeve of mine. Gabe gave us the impression in some of his videos that the colors and the gear for the characters was gonna be AMAZING. I was anticipating full blown clothing customization and maybe a little armor. I mean I understand why they couldn't implement this as there would be morons running around with a pink and purple priest or something but...well you get the idea
The Brotherhood- This was an excellent feature that wasn't implemented to its fullest. The customization was a little weak (I'm a customization freak haha) and i felt more like I was using my assassins as failproof tools than actual recruits that i had trained. If one died, so what? It was easy beyond belief to get another one.
Horses- These were stated to be indispensable tools that we would use all the time in our freerunning and combat. I disagree. I have never once used the horse for free running other than to get the challenge for the thieves guild and the same goes for the combat. Honestly, maybe because i had just played Red Dead Redemption before this game, but i felt that the horses were slow...veeerrry slow, and i think i actually could outrun the war horse.
The Multiplayer Game Modes- Ok in all seriousness these are variations of deathmatch. I understand that this was a new excursion for the AC games but come on, advanced wanted?? And the DLC thats to be released later is just Advanced Alliance. There are dozens of possibilities for this franchise as a multiplayer game...and Ubisoft isn't really capitalizing on it.
Random things that sorta bugged me- these aren't really things that Ubisoft stated would be different, but i was annoyed all the same.
Rebuilding Rome- I kinda thought that when we purchased the landmarks they would change like the shops or at least contribute to the florins i gained every 20 minutes.
Some of the 100% sync missions *cough TANK*- I understand that these are supposed to be challenges but theres a fine line between challenging and infuriatingly impossible (at least for a mediocre gamer like me)
Like I said in the beginning this is a GREAT game but it could have been excellent if some changes were made. If you disagree please RESPECTFULLY state why.

realgangsta213
11-28-2010, 02:38 PM
I agree with all of these points and also want to add that the story feels stretched out and most sequences are wasted. But still great fantastic game and i play it 24/7 despite those problems.
also with the horse issue i felt they were sort of slow as well. Ezio could keep up with someone running away on a horse. Red dead redemption speed would be honestely better.
Most of the points stated could be fixed with dlc so please ubisoft come up with a lot of it.

Black_Widow9
11-28-2010, 04:30 PM
Please make sure that you post your Feedback here so your voice is heard.
Assassins Creed: Brotherhood feedback thread. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/4821045298)
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>