PDA

View Full Version : Large square graphic anomolies in sunflares???

blankenship
12-01-2004, 08:50 AM
All of a sudden on some QMB outings I'm occasionally getting this one large yellow, transparant square that rolls by when my plane flyes past the sun. Anyone else experiencing this? Any fixes? I'm running 3.2gigs, 1028ram and X800pci-e card on perfect with everything cranked. Game runs like a racehorse.

cueceleches
12-01-2004, 08:52 AM
That´s called Lens Flare. You may disable it from the Config.ini file...can´t remember which line, sorry. I also have it disabled, as it looks horrible. I wish it could be more like faint circles, if you figure what I mean...

Capt._Tenneal
12-01-2004, 09:25 AM
There is also another issue that came up with the last patch 3.01 . Lens flare is usually in the form of a pentagon, but in the last patch especially if you use the 3.01_new.exe, the lens flare can appear squarish and is a tipoff that there are other major graphical glitches. Is that the "square graphic anomalies" you mention ?

A solution that has been mentioned here is to go back and run the IL2setup.exe and re-select your correct videocard from the drop down list.

BM357_Infernal
12-01-2004, 09:46 AM
Roll back to Catalyst 4.9 or 4.8 atioglxx.dll. Here's how:

- Download said Catalyst drivers (I recommend 4.8)
- Rename the downloaded driver package to .zip
- Open with your favourite zip manager (7-Zip rocks)
- Inside, locate the atioglxx.dl_ (open the first unnamed directory, then "Driver", then "2KXP_INF", then the directory in there)
- Extract atioglxx.dl_
- Open Command Prompt
- Go to the directory you've extracted atioglxx.dl_ in
- Enter this line:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">expand atioglxx.dl_ atioglxx.dll</pre>

- Close Command Prompt
- Move atioglxx.dll into your root FB/PF folder
- Profit

Basically, your videocard will use the 4.8 OpenGL drivers for FB/PF while you can keep your original (I take it you use 4.11) driver install for other games and applications. Solved my square lens flares and general untextured weirdness.

NorrisMcWhirter
12-01-2004, 09:52 AM
Hi,

I switched to DirectX last night to see if it was better and just got a large grey polygon for the ground when I got over 500m.

Switched back to OGL and no problems again.

Odd.

Cheers,
Norris

PriK
12-01-2004, 10:13 AM
Not flying externals will eliminate lensflare anomolies and make you a better virtual pilot to boot! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

blankenship
12-01-2004, 04:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Capt._Tenneal:
There is also another issue that came up with the last patch 3.01 . Lens flare is usually in the form of a pentagon, but in the last patch especially if you use the 3.01_new.exe, the lens flare can appear squarish and is a tipoff that there are other major graphical glitches. Is that the "square graphic anomalies" you mention ?

A solution that has been mentioned here is to go back and run the IL2setup.exe and re-select your correct videocard from the drop down list. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes I am running the 3.01_new.exe version and yes I am seeing one 4" X 4" square rolling by my screen when I look toward the sun. And it's not the usual lens flare which I like.

RocketDog
12-01-2004, 04:57 PM
This shows up quite often with the Cat 4.11 drivers. The 4.10s are fine, but don't have the nice medium blue perfect water of the 4.11s. With luck the 4.12 will fix it.

Regards,

RocketDog.

JG51Beolke
12-01-2004, 06:30 PM
I agree. It's the 4.11 and the new Exe. Use the old exe with the 4.11's

blankenship
12-02-2004, 08:18 AM
I agree. It's the 4.11 and the new Exe. Use the old exe with the 4.11's

I am running the new Exe which makes the game load faster. I have an ATI X800 pci-e card and I installed the drivers recommended with the last patch. When the game tries to create the sunflares, one, large square shows up. Looking at this thread I'm a little confused. What are Cat 4.11 drivers? Are they drivers for the ATI Card? What do you think is the best course of action. Other than this the game runs great.