PDA

View Full Version : The new Pe is a beauty!!

triggerhappyfin
05-02-2006, 05:54 AM
The new flyable PE-2 is a beauty!!

I got the addon as a birthdaygift given to me by my grown up son.

Last night I took it online. It was on Winds of war server. The goal was to bomb naval targets at Anapa harbour. It was a long flight as the Pe-2 base were located a bit inland. I had some issues on take off with full load (2*500 + 2*250). She sure felt heavy and unstable until speed increased enough to stabilaze her.
I headed due west in order to reach the sea and intended to fly in an arch out over the sea. The plan was to reach Anapa from south-west. By doing so the goal was to avoid enemy fighters.
I was climbing all the way past Novorossyesk where I reached the planned 3k.
She was easy to handle, on the trims only, through the climb and arching flightpath. All the time I held a lookout for interceptors. As I passed Novorossyesk and had the town and field in my 8-7 o'clock, I saw a dot coming on countering course at my hight, on my 1 o'clock.

There was som k's between our paths and I could see him turn right in order to reach my 6. I then started a shallow dive to increase my speed. After a while he came into my aftguns reach and I was able to give him a good burst in his nose(a Bf). Ee began to pour smoke...I switched to pilotseat as his tracers began to reach out for me. Doing evasives I was able to dodge the most of his bullets. No major damage were done to my plane. He seased firing and I took a look at the gunners place and saw him loosing speed and loose alt. He was turning inland to try to reach base. Switched back to driversseat and saw Anapa down below 12 o'clock.
I began a new shallow dive towards the harbour when a I passed two fighters appearing from a cloud on my 10 o'clock. One of these began to chase me and I had to do evasives all the way down to target. I was hit in wing either by the fighter or aaa and started to pour fuel. I let the first pair drop on a tight group of tankers at queye and took sight on a lone freighter further out and dropped the remaining pair on that one. The chasing fighter had dissapeared and I turned out the sea at some 600 m of alt.

Half way back to Novorossyesk I was jumped by a FW. I managed to avoid the most of his bullets but one engine started to smoke some. Hits had been on my wings too and the gunner got heavily wounded. All of the sudden the shooting stopped but my gunners kept on giving somebody bursts of fire. Suddenly the FW appeared on my side some 100m on my left. He kept on manouvering close to me on all sides and scissored from left to right and vice versa. In a cats play with a mouse. Apparently he was out of ammo. I tried to get him into my gunsight but he dodged every time. But after a while he got too daring and past under me from left to right appearing in my 1 o'clock and climbing. I tried to follow and managed to get a lead and gave him a long burst that hit him some. Peaces fell off him. But in doing so I lost all my manouvering speed and my plane fell like a brick. Slowly, all too slowly it seemed to me, she gained some speed. The sea came towards me faster and faster...****! I should crasch!! Flaps half the way out I was skimming the sea when she decided to turn upwards again! That was so close that closer would have proven deadly! The FW still were in the surroundings and my further attempts to follow him sure were more cautious. One more time I had him in my sight and were able to deliver a long good bust at him. This time I must have hit something worth hitting as he was slowing down and headed for Novorossyesk base. I took course for the home base on the other side of the bay and half way over I met some LA's heading over. A kill message appeared on the screen...I got him!!

I managed to get her safely on the ground and ended my first flight online with the new flyable with 2 destoyed ships and one fighter killed!

The flight was long and intense and this only flight game me full value of all the wait for this plane and for my sons money.

triggerhappyfin
05-02-2006, 05:54 AM
The new flyable PE-2 is a beauty!!

I got the addon as a birthdaygift given to me by my grown up son.

Last night I took it online. It was on Winds of war server. The goal was to bomb naval targets at Anapa harbour. It was a long flight as the Pe-2 base were located a bit inland. I had some issues on take off with full load (2*500 + 2*250). She sure felt heavy and unstable until speed increased enough to stabilaze her.
I headed due west in order to reach the sea and intended to fly in an arch out over the sea. The plan was to reach Anapa from south-west. By doing so the goal was to avoid enemy fighters.
I was climbing all the way past Novorossyesk where I reached the planned 3k.
She was easy to handle, on the trims only, through the climb and arching flightpath. All the time I held a lookout for interceptors. As I passed Novorossyesk and had the town and field in my 8-7 o'clock, I saw a dot coming on countering course at my hight, on my 1 o'clock.

There was som k's between our paths and I could see him turn right in order to reach my 6. I then started a shallow dive to increase my speed. After a while he came into my aftguns reach and I was able to give him a good burst in his nose(a Bf). Ee began to pour smoke...I switched to pilotseat as his tracers began to reach out for me. Doing evasives I was able to dodge the most of his bullets. No major damage were done to my plane. He seased firing and I took a look at the gunners place and saw him loosing speed and loose alt. He was turning inland to try to reach base. Switched back to driversseat and saw Anapa down below 12 o'clock.
I began a new shallow dive towards the harbour when a I passed two fighters appearing from a cloud on my 10 o'clock. One of these began to chase me and I had to do evasives all the way down to target. I was hit in wing either by the fighter or aaa and started to pour fuel. I let the first pair drop on a tight group of tankers at queye and took sight on a lone freighter further out and dropped the remaining pair on that one. The chasing fighter had dissapeared and I turned out the sea at some 600 m of alt.

Half way back to Novorossyesk I was jumped by a FW. I managed to avoid the most of his bullets but one engine started to smoke some. Hits had been on my wings too and the gunner got heavily wounded. All of the sudden the shooting stopped but my gunners kept on giving somebody bursts of fire. Suddenly the FW appeared on my side some 100m on my left. He kept on manouvering close to me on all sides and scissored from left to right and vice versa. In a cats play with a mouse. Apparently he was out of ammo. I tried to get him into my gunsight but he dodged every time. But after a while he got too daring and past under me from left to right appearing in my 1 o'clock and climbing. I tried to follow and managed to get a lead and gave him a long burst that hit him some. Peaces fell off him. But in doing so I lost all my manouvering speed and my plane fell like a brick. Slowly, all too slowly it seemed to me, she gained some speed. The sea came towards me faster and faster...****! I should crasch!! Flaps half the way out I was skimming the sea when she decided to turn upwards again! That was so close that closer would have proven deadly! The FW still were in the surroundings and my further attempts to follow him sure were more cautious. One more time I had him in my sight and were able to deliver a long good bust at him. This time I must have hit something worth hitting as he was slowing down and headed for Novorossyesk base. I took course for the home base on the other side of the bay and half way over I met some LA's heading over. A kill message appeared on the screen...I got him!!

I managed to get her safely on the ground and ended my first flight online with the new flyable with 2 destoyed ships and one fighter killed!

The flight was long and intense and this only flight game me full value of all the wait for this plane and for my sons money.

tHeBaLrOgRoCkS
05-02-2006, 06:00 AM
Gr8 report there mate thanks for posting http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Kuna_
05-02-2006, 06:02 AM
http://acompletewasteofspace.com/modules/Forums/images/smiles/gm_wwop.gif

triggerhappyfin
05-02-2006, 06:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kuna_:
http://acompletewasteofspace.com/modules/Forums/images/smiles/gm_wwop.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry Kuna...was too busy to fiddle with the camera..and it was the first flight u know..not planned to be like this.

HotelBushranger
05-02-2006, 08:28 AM
Great read, thanks mate!

Low_Flyer_MkVb
05-02-2006, 09:53 AM
Bump! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif