PDA

View Full Version : O_o Altair ain't Ezio ancestor?!!



L0rdeKing
07-22-2011, 02:18 AM
HERE (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/07/21/alta-239-r-and-ezio-aren-39-t-related.aspx)
I don't get anymore

L0rdeKing
07-22-2011, 02:18 AM
HERE (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/07/21/alta-239-r-and-ezio-aren-39-t-related.aspx)
I don't get anymore

reini03
07-22-2011, 03:02 AM
Oh. Interesting. So Ezio and Altair are not related, but direct ancestors of Desmond. It's pretty simple then. His father is a decestor of Altair, and his mother is related with Ezio. Or vice versa. OR it's his grandparents, doesn't matter. So... now it's pretty much confirmed that genetic memory comes from the mother as well.

EDIT: Just noticed there's already a thread about that.
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1069024/m/3091076739 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/3091076739)

SpitfireSpud
07-22-2011, 03:08 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1069024/m/3091076739 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/3091076739)

already posted earlier http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

StrawMeBerry
07-22-2011, 03:10 AM
Thats really confusing. I think that they mean that a grandson of Altair and Ezios granddaughter met and basically it went from there to Desmond. Something like that I think.

EDIT: Didn't see there was a thread, sorry.

Rakudaton
07-22-2011, 03:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MagnifyHope:
Oh. Interesting. So Ezio and Altair are not related, but direct ancestors of Desmond. It's pretty simple then. His father is a decestor of Altair, and his mother is related with Ezio. Or vice versa. OR it's his grandparents, doesn't matter. So... now it's pretty much confirmed that genetic memory comes from the mother as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, only in a sense. This proves that the mother can pass on genetic memory from her ancestors -- but it doesn't prove that women can pass on their own genetic memory. I would tend to think the latter is impossible, because all of a woman's eggs are formed very early in development, so unless genetic memory is somehow injected into them as she lives her life, they should not contain her memories (note that they can still contain the memories of her ancestors, because these are already part of her DNA).

LadyGahan2010
07-22-2011, 09:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rakudaton:
[QUOTE]
Well, only in a sense. This proves that the mother can pass on genetic memory from her ancestors -- but it doesn't prove that women can pass on their own genetic memory. I would tend to think the latter is impossible, because all of a woman's eggs are formed very early in development, so unless genetic memory is somehow injected into them as she lives her life, they should not contain her memories (note that they can still contain the memories of her ancestors, because these are already part of her DNA). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you REALLY wanna go there? The whole process of making sperm takes up to 70 days, so you are telling me the kid will be missing 70 days of his father's life coz of sperm's creation date? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

DavisP92
07-22-2011, 09:31 AM
actually it doesn't have to mean that desmond's mother's ancestor is altair or ezio. In fact the two different family trees could be combined with one of the parents. or even grandparents, either way for desmond both are ancestors but neither of them are related by blood.

LightRey
07-22-2011, 09:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pdavis3:
actually it doesn't have to mean that desmond's mother's ancestor is altair or ezio. In fact the two different family trees could be combined with one of the parents. or even grandparents, either way for desmond both are ancestors but neither of them are related by blood. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
yeah, I've mentioned this myself in the other threads. the bloodlines just had to have come together either at Desmond's birth or somewhere between him and Ezio.

twenty_glyphs
07-22-2011, 09:45 AM
I think this egg theory is just being too technical with the genetic memory concept. It seems to me that the basic premise is all the DNA in your body continually records memories of your lifetime as long as it's in your body. Doesn't matter when the sperm or egg cells form. My impression is that all the DNA in your body contains all your life's memories (as silly as that is). Whenever you pass your DNA on, the memories it has at that time go with it.

For men, sperm cells are formed when regular cells split and each sperm cell only has half of your DNA. It still appears that all the memories get passed on even though only half of your DNA will go to your child. So the memories are already in the regular DNA, and propagate into sperm cell DNA.

For women, egg cells are already formed at birth, but under this theory, they would continually record your memories throughout your life as well. At conception, an egg cell will split its own DNA in half and discard one half and merge the other half with the DNA from the sperm cell, forming the complete new DNA of the child.

I think introducing the theory that mothers' memories don't get passed down because their eggs are already formed would just make the series an even more convoluted mess. Better for them to keep it relatively simple and just say that your DNA somehow constantly records your memories and then can pass that on.

LightRey
07-22-2011, 09:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
I think this egg theory is just being too technical with the genetic memory concept. It seems to me that the basic premise is all the DNA in your body continually records memories of your lifetime as long as it's in your body. Doesn't matter when the sperm or egg cells form. My impression is that all the DNA in your body contains all your life's memories (as silly as that is). Whenever you pass your DNA on, the memories it has at that time go with it.

For men, sperm cells are formed when regular cells split and each sperm cell only has half of your DNA. It still appears that all the memories get passed on even though only half of your DNA will go to your child. So the memories are already in the regular DNA, and propagate into sperm cell DNA.

For women, egg cells are already formed at birth, but under this theory, they would continually record your memories throughout your life as well. At conception, an egg cell will split its own DNA in half and discard one half and merge the other half with the DNA from the sperm cell, forming the complete new DNA of the child.

I think introducing the theory that mothers' memories don't get passed down because their eggs are already formed would just make the series an even more convoluted mess. Better for them to keep it relatively simple and just say that your DNA somehow constantly records your memories and then can pass that on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
There's another thread about this where a good number of theories (including one of my own) have been suggested that work around the whole egg problem, might be worth looking at.
Regardless, in the end it could very well not really matter. It's just interesting to think about really.