PDA

View Full Version : Auditore Family Crypt - Date Incongruities

CanterburyTales
05-06-2011, 05:54 PM
In AC 2, the Villa Auditore is established as being built in 1290, and in the Auditore Family Crypt, it is established that Domenico Auditore was trained by Dante Alighieri, and that after Dante was killed by the Templars, Domenico eventually constructed the Villa. However, in real life, Dante died in 1321.

Is there something going on that would justify this incongruity (Templars messing with the history books perhaps), or was this just an error on the part of the writers? If the latter, then I hope that a retcon will fix this in the future.

CanterburyTales
05-06-2011, 05:54 PM
In AC 2, the Villa Auditore is established as being built in 1290, and in the Auditore Family Crypt, it is established that Domenico Auditore was trained by Dante Alighieri, and that after Dante was killed by the Templars, Domenico eventually constructed the Villa. However, in real life, Dante died in 1321.

Is there something going on that would justify this incongruity (Templars messing with the history books perhaps), or was this just an error on the part of the writers? If the latter, then I hope that a retcon will fix this in the future.

iN3krO
05-06-2011, 05:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CanterburyTales:

Is there something going on that would justify this incongruity (Templars messing with the history books perhaps), or was this just an error on the part of the writers? If the latter, then I hope that a retcon will fix this in the future. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Templairs made us think he died at 1321 but he died at 1290....

phil.llllll
05-06-2011, 06:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

Templairs made us think he died at 1321 but he died at 1290.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What could possibly have been the reason for them wanting to do that...

Thug-U
05-07-2011, 05:36 AM
Maybe they first found out about Dante's death in 1321.

Skaevola
05-07-2011, 06:14 AM
It takes away a little bit of the Assassins' credibility. If anyone ever came out against Abstergo with evidence that they've been conspiring against humanity for generations, they can say, "These guys are liars! He doesn't even know when Dante Alighieri died! Who are you gonna believe, an ancient cult of murderers ranting about how we messed up history, or a group of esteemed scientists working for the betterment of humanity?"

What I wonder is why Ubisoft decided to change the date. It seems like the original date of Dante's death wasn't ill-fitting in the Assassin's Creed chronology. Maybe their info was a little off?