PDA

View Full Version : "Hell on Wheels" 100% sync and checkpoints

Oarsman05
11-21-2010, 02:33 PM
Is there some trick to being able to kill both tanks at the end without being hit? I can get up to them without an issue, but as soon as I get there I'm hit at least once. I try to circle around, but the tank controls so poorly and there are so many pieces of debris on the ground that block movement that I inevitably get stuck. This is indescribably frustrating; I've tried it for about 3 hours to no avail.

Somewhat on that topic, what is the point of having checkpoints that don't reset the state of your objectives? I could understand the difficulty of this mission if I could restart from a checkpoint, but to make me play through ~15 minutes over and over again just to get to the difficult portion just seems like poor game design.

Oarsman05
11-21-2010, 02:33 PM
Is there some trick to being able to kill both tanks at the end without being hit? I can get up to them without an issue, but as soon as I get there I'm hit at least once. I try to circle around, but the tank controls so poorly and there are so many pieces of debris on the ground that block movement that I inevitably get stuck. This is indescribably frustrating; I've tried it for about 3 hours to no avail.

Somewhat on that topic, what is the point of having checkpoints that don't reset the state of your objectives? I could understand the difficulty of this mission if I could restart from a checkpoint, but to make me play through ~15 minutes over and over again just to get to the difficult portion just seems like poor game design.

Piflik
11-21-2010, 04:27 PM
That mission frustrated me, too...the way I finally done it was drive straight ahead while killing the first Tank...don't stop and don't stop shooting...then use the same tactics as for the sole tank earlier to kill the last one.

Oarsman05
11-21-2010, 04:57 PM
Can you use the dummy tank in the middle as cover? I haven't wanted to experiment with that, for fear of losing the work done to get to that point.