PDA

View Full Version : Printing and Editing Controls Menu to your own Specs

zacklaws
12-18-2004, 11:39 AM
Hi All

After never having a complete proper Control's menu at hand and not wishing to deface the supplied one with my own key settings, I looked into editing the one in the IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles folder,"Controls.pdf". I opened it up in "Adobe Reader", copied it to clipboard under the "Edit" menu. I opened MS Word, new document and changed all the margins to 0.5cm, made 4 colunms on the page, with 0.1cm spacing and then pasted in the "Control.PDF", which fits nicely onto one page. Once that was done I ran the find and replace menu to remove "User Defined" and leave blank spaces instead. Its just then a matter of typing your own keys in and arranging and formating the text to how you want it. Did not realise how easy it could be.

The other thing I found out which I have never noticed before is the manual which is installed in the IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles folder which is a lot more detailed than the supplied one, especially regarding the Full Mission Editor and answers many of the questions that get asked on the forums.

Hope you find this info of some use.

zacklaws
12-18-2004, 11:39 AM
Hi All

After never having a complete proper Control's menu at hand and not wishing to deface the supplied one with my own key settings, I looked into editing the one in the IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles folder,"Controls.pdf". I opened it up in "Adobe Reader", copied it to clipboard under the "Edit" menu. I opened MS Word, new document and changed all the margins to 0.5cm, made 4 colunms on the page, with 0.1cm spacing and then pasted in the "Control.PDF", which fits nicely onto one page. Once that was done I ran the find and replace menu to remove "User Defined" and leave blank spaces instead. Its just then a matter of typing your own keys in and arranging and formating the text to how you want it. Did not realise how easy it could be.

The other thing I found out which I have never noticed before is the manual which is installed in the IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles folder which is a lot more detailed than the supplied one, especially regarding the Full Mission Editor and answers many of the questions that get asked on the forums.

Hope you find this info of some use.