PDA

View Full Version : Error message when trying to install

kinasebbe
05-11-2010, 04:06 AM
Hey folks,

Trying to install Splinter Cell but I just keep on getting this message. It's really getting to my nerves and help would be greatly appreciated.

So, this is the error message when clicking on install:
SetupNew\setup.cpp (138)
PAPP:
PVENDOR:
PGUID:
$14.0.0.162
@Windows Vista Service Pack 0 (6000) Non IE/Netscape 38096.68

My specs are: 3.06GhZ Processor with a NVIDIA GeForce GT 130 graphics card and 4GB RAM.

I run Windows 7 Ultimate via bootcamp on my iMac. All other games work fine but not this one.

Thanks

kinasebbe
05-11-2010, 04:06 AM
Hey folks,

Trying to install Splinter Cell but I just keep on getting this message. It's really getting to my nerves and help would be greatly appreciated.

So, this is the error message when clicking on install:
SetupNew\setup.cpp (138)
PAPP:
PVENDOR:
PGUID:
$14.0.0.162
@Windows Vista Service Pack 0 (6000) Non IE/Netscape 38096.68

My specs are: 3.06GhZ Processor with a NVIDIA GeForce GT 130 graphics card and 4GB RAM.

I run Windows 7 Ultimate via bootcamp on my iMac. All other games work fine but not this one.

Thanks

sebben00
05-18-2010, 01:10 PM
Im having the same problem..
Ive tried to run it on vista sp1 and 2, same thing as for winxp but no luck.. !

Im running Win7 on bootcamp as well.

Isnt there something we can do to get it to work? Ive been trying to run this setup.exe for more than 4 hours, and Im ready to give up..

Where is the support, Ubi?

GuZZ33
05-18-2010, 01:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kinasebbe:
It's really getting to my nerves and help would be greatly appreciated.

I run Windows 7 Ultimate via bootcamp on my iMac. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Maybe you could try on a mac forum for help?. No mention on the conviction box cover about mac users so i won'#t even go there mate, soz bud, go try the mac users forums?.

sebben00
05-18-2010, 01:28 PM
Well, when you have win7 via bootcamp its the same thing as running it on a pc.. So even if it dosent say MAC on the box, it should still work.

GuZZ33
05-18-2010, 02:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dritago:
Well, when you have win7 via bootcamp its the same thing as running it on a pc.. So even if it dosent say MAC on the box, it should still work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Is it?, should it?, but did ubisoft test conviction this way?.

sebben00
05-18-2010, 02:30 PM
I dont think Ubi tested it out at all. I havent played the game before, but Ive heard that there is alot of problems.

But sure, bootcamp is the same deal as a regular OS install on a regular PC. Im for instance, run steam with all of my games incl MW2 with no hiccups http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

GuZZ33
05-18-2010, 02:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dritago:
I dont think Ubi tested it out at all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It runs superb on my system mate. There is no mention of bootcamp thingy mac user support on the box so you'll have to make a ticket out to Ubisoft support to see if they will advise you?.

sebben00
05-18-2010, 02:52 PM
How is it? I really want to play it but that error is busting my head wide open. hehe.
Yeah, I think I should do that.. but if nothing works, Im trading it for Alan Wake or something instead.

GuZZ33
05-19-2010, 01:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kinasebbe:
GeForce GT 130 graphics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
* Supported list of video cards
GeForce GT Series, Laptop models of these cards may work but are not supported.

Recommended video drivers:
NVIDIA GeForce 7 and above Video Cards Ė Windows Vista/7 32Bit - 196.21
NVIDIA GeForce 7 and above Video Cards Ė Windows Vista/7 64Bit - 196.21

GuZZ33
05-19-2010, 01:32 AM
Im trading it for Alan Wake or something instead. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Your fortunate then because here in britain you can't trade/return PC games once opened unless the disc is damaged but no refund or trade for another game.

I read the video game alan wake is a bit marmite but you might like marmite http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif, the idea for the story was great, the execution not so good, immersion is so so and game play can be repetitive, graphics arenít all that great, gameplay is a little too rinse and repeat but action packed, Alan is a tit and some donít really care about him http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif.

Apparently, beyond the dullfest or up to chapter 4 the game might pick up very well

From a gamer who is playing it...
Gameplay: Awkward controls. If you don't have a gun, LB is run, if you do its duck then run. Idiotic. Directions are glitchy and it desperately needs a 180 degrees shortcut. Also, run through forest, find torch, shoot enemy, press button, run through forest again better change soon or this is going in marketplace. I'm nearing end of Episode 2.

Ill see how I go, but it stinks of a rush job. Could have been epic....

And it's not available on PC

sebben00
05-19-2010, 04:45 AM
Yeah, the only reason is beacuse I know the ppl working at the store I buy my games from. And since I cant even start the setup.exe, the game is good as new ;p

I really dont want to trade it, because I really want to see how the story develops in SC. Alan Wake was one of my most wanted, but since it got announced back at 05/06 it has gone downhill on my list! Red Dead Redemption looks kinda nice too tho.

Bigfoot.blade
05-25-2010, 08:20 AM
I've the same problem with windows 7!

Any ideas?