PDA

View Full Version : AC1 = 7 GB Why?

KiShiDo
11-12-2011, 04:28 PM
Well I already got the game but won't talk abotu Relevation but I want to ask this...

Why is AC 1's file size so damn big (7180 MB (!!!) for PS 3 HDD) and why do you have to install it after all?

Compared to Revelation who only takes up 4GB and the original AC 1 disc version who only takes 1 GB it is really huge... and I dunno why.

It would be far better if you could have started the game without installing it.

KiShiDo
11-12-2011, 04:28 PM
Well I already got the game but won't talk abotu Relevation but I want to ask this...

Why is AC 1's file size so damn big (7180 MB (!!!) for PS 3 HDD) and why do you have to install it after all?

Compared to Revelation who only takes up 4GB and the original AC 1 disc version who only takes 1 GB it is really huge... and I dunno why.

It would be far better if you could have started the game without installing it.

kriegerdesgottes
11-12-2011, 04:40 PM
Wait, you have to install the AC1 file in order to play Revelations?

Ezio292012
11-12-2011, 04:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
Wait, you have to install the AC1 file in order to play Revelations? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no ACR have ah mandatory install but AC1 is optional you dont need to install ac1 to play ACR.

roostersrule2
11-12-2011, 04:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ezio292012:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
Wait, you have to install the AC1 file in order to play Revelations? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no ACR have ah mandatory install but AC1 is optional you dont need to install ac1 to play ACR. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Isn't that PC only?

Ezio292012
11-12-2011, 05:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by roostersrule2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ezio292012:

no ACR have ah mandatory install but AC1 is optional you dont need to install ac1 to play ACR. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Isn't that PC only? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

pc doesn't get ac1

kriegerdesgottes
11-12-2011, 05:08 PM

no ACR have ah mandatory install but AC1 is optional you dont need to install ac1 to play ACR. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok thanks for letting me know, I was worried for a second considering I already have AC1 on my ps3 and I'd rather not use up unnecessary space considering I'm still using a 60 gb ps3.

Jexx21
11-12-2011, 06:02 PM
AC1 didn't come on a separate disk. You have to install the WHOLE game now, not just part of it.

Ezio292012
11-12-2011, 06:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
AC1 didn't come on a separate disk. You have to install the WHOLE game now, not just part of it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
please explain

Oatkeeper
11-12-2011, 06:26 PM
Have you stopped to consider the scale of the worlds in the two games? ACR has a single large city, while AC1 has 3 cities and a Ginormous overworld (both have Masyaf).

Alternatively Maybe the 4G for ACR is the mandatory install and AC1 is the full game?

Jexx21
11-12-2011, 06:29 PM
On the PC (which requires you to install the WHOLE game, not just part of it. It's so you can play without the disk), ACR is 12 GB, and AC1 is 7GB.

You have to install AC1 fully because there isn't a separate disk on it.

Ezio292012
11-12-2011, 06:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
On the PC (which requires you to install the WHOLE game, not just part of it. It's so you can play without the disk), ACR is 12 GB, and AC1 is 7GB.

You have to install AC1 fully because there isn't a separate disk on it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so the pc version have assasing creed 1 too ? I though that was only for ps3

Jexx21
11-12-2011, 06:34 PM
..with ACR? No..

AC1 is however released on the PC.. and it's install is 7 gb.. because that's the size of the whole game.. your installs for the consoles don't install the whole game.. just part of it..

am I making myself clear?

Oatkeeper
11-12-2011, 06:35 PM

You have to install AC1 fully because there isn't a separate disk on it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so the pc version have assasing creed 1 too ? I though that was only for ps3 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>AC1 comes free with ACR for PS3 only. He probably has AC1 already purchased and looked at how much memory it took up.

Ezio292012
11-12-2011, 06:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Oatkeeper:

so the pc version have assasing creed 1 too ? I though that was only for ps3 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>AC1 comes free with ACR for PS3 only. He probably has AC1 already purchased and looked at how much memory it took up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats what i ment ps3 gets AC1 for free u dont need to install AC1 to play ACR.

Jexx21
11-12-2011, 06:40 PM
...We know that. I was explaining why AC1 takes up 7GB on the PS3 if you got it free with ACR.

Ezio292012
11-12-2011, 06:50 PM
...We know that. I was explaining why AC1 takes up 7GB on the PS3 if you got it free with ACR. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok got it , looks like im gona free up some room on my ps3 lol

KiShiDo
11-13-2011, 02:29 AM
Well thanks for the answers but still... I would prefer if you could start the game without installing it

ace3001
11-13-2011, 05:23 AM
On the PC ACR is 12 GB </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Where did you find this bit of info? Damn, every game is huge now. Downloading from Steam is going to take years for me. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Mr_Shade
11-13-2011, 05:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
On the PC ACR is 12 GB </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Where did you find this bit of info? Damn, every game is huge now. Downloading from Steam is going to take years for me. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm guessing from the pinned thread in the PC forum?

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1067519/m/1391086859 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5031067519/m/1391086859)

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Jexx21
11-13-2011, 05:49 AM
Actually I got it from the system information on Steam.. :P

Ezio292012
11-13-2011, 05:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KiShiDo:
Well thanks for the answers but still... I would prefer if you could start the game without installing it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they should of implement it like medal of honor on the ps3 the limited edition had the old medal of honor game but you didnt need to install it to play the new one.

Mr_Shade
11-13-2011, 06:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KiShiDo:
Well thanks for the answers but still... I would prefer if you could start the game without installing it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they should of implement it like medal of honor on the ps3 the limited edition had the old medal of honor game but you didnt need to install it to play the new one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The person would have liked to be able to play AC1 - without installing it?

You are free to play ACR - after it's mandatory install, without installing AC1.

AC1 - needs installing due to it not being played from the disc, rather the HDD - much like the PSN digital version.

You may still need the ACR disc to access it though.

Ezio292012
11-13-2011, 06:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:

they should of implement it like medal of honor on the ps3 the limited edition had the old medal of honor game but you didnt need to install it to play the new one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The person would have liked to be able to play AC1 - without installing it?

You are free to play ACR - after it's mandatory install, without installing AC1.

AC1 - needs installing due to it not being played from the disc, rather the HDD - much like the PSN digital version.

You may still need the ACR disc to access it though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no no i dont mean play AC1 without installing it i ment you want to play first ACR no need to install AC1, ofcourse u need to install ac1 to play it

Mr_Stunner
11-13-2011, 07:54 AM
So with all this installing AC stuff, we can basically onstall it in every playstations we play our revelations copy right?

SleezeRocker
11-13-2011, 09:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mister_Stunner:
So with all this installing AC stuff, we can basically onstall it in every playstations we play our revelations copy right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As long as you have the ACR disc to go along with it. Like the game Dead Space Extraction, you install it through the Dead space 2 game, but you need to have Dead space 2 in the system to play DS Extraction, otherwise just ANYone can install AC1 on all system without picking up AC1

yly3
11-13-2011, 11:48 AM
Because AC1 has better graphics.

NuclearFuss
11-13-2011, 12:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by yly3:
Because AC1 has better graphics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I disagree. AC1 didn't seem very crisp to me, like the edges were always a little blurry (even in 1080p) Also, I think that the textures in AC2, ACB and especially ACR are all much detailed. Plus facial animations are so much better in the newer games.

Jexx21
11-13-2011, 12:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by yly3:
Because AC1 has better graphics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

According to Steam System Requirements:

AC1- 8 GB
AC2- 8 GB
ACB- 8 GB
ACR- 12 GB

According to the space AC1-ACB take on my HDD:

AC1- 8.88 GB
AC2- 5.7 GB
ACB- 10.48 GB

Judging by my statistics, I'd guess that ACR takes up 11-13 GB in reality. Probably somewhere around 12.5 GB.