PDA

View Full Version : I cannot get IL2-46 to run under OpenGL

danimalhanke
03-22-2009, 09:55 PM
I have the latest drivers from nVidea for my GF8800-GT v182.08. At least they were the latest a week or so ago. Anyway, I cannot get the game to run in OpenGL. Other games using opengl work fine. ALL I did was update the driver! I have NO idea at all as where to start to figure this out. There was a post at allaircraftarcade.com about new dll's over here but I can't find them. Besides I've tried dll's from '03, '07', and '08. I'm taling about il2_core.dll and il2_corep4.dll. Nothing works except directx! CRAP! What's happened to my "perfect water"? LOL! Yes I have uninstalled that "java" crap whatever it does. I'm using M$VM instead. PLease anyone I need help!

Thanks!

danimalhanke
03-22-2009, 09:55 PM
I have the latest drivers from nVidea for my GF8800-GT v182.08. At least they were the latest a week or so ago. Anyway, I cannot get the game to run in OpenGL. Other games using opengl work fine. ALL I did was update the driver! I have NO idea at all as where to start to figure this out. There was a post at allaircraftarcade.com about new dll's over here but I can't find them. Besides I've tried dll's from '03, '07', and '08. I'm taling about il2_core.dll and il2_corep4.dll. Nothing works except directx! CRAP! What's happened to my "perfect water"? LOL! Yes I have uninstalled that "java" crap whatever it does. I'm using M$VM instead. PLease anyone I need help!

Thanks!

jamesblonde1979
03-23-2009, 01:59 AM
When you say it won't run, what do you mean exactly?

Are you getting an error message?

Are you getting to the menus?

If you are getting an error message then please post it.

Also post your config.ini file so that we can help you.

danimalhanke
03-23-2009, 09:41 AM
"because a mind is a terrible thing to waste!" LOL!
Thank you for helping me get it fixed. To which you say "What did I do?" As I was reading your post it occurred to me to try and replace the config.ini with an original ini. So I deleted the ini, ran il2 setup, a new ini was created and the friggin' games now runs! I knew this, but had forgotten it. It's OK I'm just old and forgetful!

jamesblonde1979
03-24-2009, 12:46 AM
No worries mate, it's always a pleasure to be of service