PDA

View Full Version : Brotherhood now available for pre-order

DeafAtheist
05-15-2010, 04:19 PM
I got an email stating that Brotherhood was available for pre-order from Gamestop today with the Jester multiplayer character as a pre-order bonus. It's a full price game ($60) so it appears to be more than just an extension of AC2... a full price generally means a full game, doesn't it?

But then a full game these days seems to tend to be a single player campaign that can be completed in less than 20 hours.

DeafAtheist
05-15-2010, 04:19 PM
I got an email stating that Brotherhood was available for pre-order from Gamestop today with the Jester multiplayer character as a pre-order bonus. It's a full price game ($60) so it appears to be more than just an extension of AC2... a full price generally means a full game, doesn't it?

But then a full game these days seems to tend to be a single player campaign that can be completed in less than 20 hours.

caswallawn_2k7
05-15-2010, 04:22 PM
it is a full game, but it's not a continuation of the main story line.

DeafAtheist
05-15-2010, 04:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
it is a full game, but it's not a continuation of the main story line. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't think it was... but that was the impression I got from other people considering how soon after AC2 that it's scheduled to be released.

caswallawn_2k7
05-15-2010, 04:45 PM
Ubi has said it will be a continuation of Ezio's story line (just like bloodlines continued Altiars story) but it wont continue the main story (Desmond/2012)

so while it is a full game it is basically AC2.5 it's not AC3, but a lot of people see a new AC game and instantly think it is AC3 without looking up the info on it.

but as for the space of time between AC2 and this, the production time would be quite low, as they need to make the new map (Rome) but the majority of the graphics engine and gameplay engine will be done already as they will use the exact same one from AC2, so basically with this it is just making the new map, new missions and multiplayer, the vast majority of the back end will already be done as they will use what was done for AC2.

DeafAtheist
05-15-2010, 05:07 PM
If it's not continuing Desmond's story then who is going to be in the Animus? Another ancestor?

caswallawn_2k7
05-15-2010, 05:23 PM
the animus wont be involved like it wasn't involved in bloodlines. it will purely be Ezio in Italy, nothing from 2012 will come into the game.

you will directly be playing Ezio, to follow on his story line past what happened in Italy in AC2, like in bloodlines it showed you what Altiar did straight after AC1, but Desmond and the animus were totally ignored as it was meant as nothing more than giving people more info on that ancestor.

the Desmond story line will pick up in AC3 and will follow a new person and finish off the main 2012 end of the world story.

the new game is a off shoot from the main line and not a continuation of it, while it will flesh out Ezio's story you wont need to play it to know the story in AC3, as AC3 will follow on with Desmond were AC2 left off and going to a new ancestor or doing stuff in 2012, depending what way they go with it.

Solidpanic
05-15-2010, 05:37 PM
I read somewhere that the voice actor for Desmond was hired a while back for a new AC game and thus Brotherhood was announced. So dont be so quick to rule out desmond and the animus for we are not entirely sure yet

Deathshennin
05-15-2010, 06:40 PM
I supose its becoming more like Call Of Duty. Mostly making no sense.

Call Of Duty 4
Call of Duty WaW
Call of Duty 4 2

&gt;,&gt;

Chiiru22
05-15-2010, 07:05 PM
Still can't wait, even if it isn't an extension.

DeafAtheist
05-15-2010, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the info. I've only played AC2 myself and was only mildly familiar with AC1 and Bloodlines. I thought about going back to play AC1 but I heard that there are absolutely NO subtitles in it which would prevent me from getting anything out of the storyline due to my deafness. Thankfully Ubisoft is committed to subtitling all of their games now and I loved AC2 and am looking forward to playing Brotherhood.

Does anyone know if Bloodlines had subtitles? I am thinking about getting a PSP and that's a game I'd play if it has subtitles.

Solidpanic
05-15-2010, 07:23 PM
Im pretty sure AC1 had subtitles...didnt it?

Fairus60
05-15-2010, 08:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafAtheist:
Thanks for the info. I've only played AC2 myself and was only mildly familiar with AC1 and Bloodlines. I thought about going back to play AC1 but I heard that there are absolutely NO subtitles in it which would prevent me from getting anything out of the storyline due to my deafness. Thankfully Ubisoft is committed to subtitling all of their games now and I loved AC2 and am looking forward to playing Brotherhood.

Does anyone know if Bloodlines had subtitles? I am thinking about getting a PSP and that's a game I'd play if it has subtitles. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It does, but only in the language they are speaking in-game

zgubilici
05-15-2010, 10:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Solidpanic:
Im pretty sure AC1 had subtitles...didnt it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, AC1 didn't have subtitles. It has been the subject of many discussions in the forum because of that issue - thankfully AC2 did have them included.

phil.llllll
05-15-2010, 10:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
the animus wont be involved like it wasn't involved in bloodlines. it will purely be Ezio in Italy, nothing from 2012 will come into the game.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Source?

Solidpanic
05-15-2010, 10:38 PM
Ohh wow lol i coulda sworn there was hah memory is pretty bad. Thanks for clarifying that up for me

DeafAtheist
05-16-2010, 02:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fairus60:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafAtheist:

Does anyone know if Bloodlines had subtitles? I am thinking about getting a PSP and that's a game I'd play if it has subtitles. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It does, but only in the language they are speaking in-game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So basically only foreign languages subtitled in English while most of the game I imagine would be in English but no English subtitles for English speaking. I guess I'll pass on it.

DeafAtheist
05-16-2010, 02:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zgubilici:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Solidpanic:
Im pretty sure AC1 had subtitles...didnt it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, AC1 didn't have subtitles. It has been the subject of many discussions in the forum because of that issue - thankfully AC2 did have them included. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah it sucks being a deaf gamer with so many titles that have no subtitles.

By the way I love the wolf gif in your sig there. The wolf is my favorite animal.

KZarr
05-16-2010, 02:29 AM
By the way I love the wolf gif in your sig there. The wolf is my favorite animal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Everyone loves LadyZ http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

OT: Has anyone found an non-amazon and non-UK store that sells it? I can't find any http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

bokeef04
05-16-2010, 05:26 AM
here you go

AC:B NA (http://www.ebgames.com/browse/search.aspx?N=0&Ntk=TitleKeyword&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntt=assassin%27s%20creed%20brotherhood)

or

AC:B Australia (http://www.ebgames.com.au/search?title=Assassin%27s+Creed%3a+Brotherhood)

if you meant for the Harlequin, you'll probably have to wait till it's closer to release for it to be listed

KZarr
05-16-2010, 12:52 PM
aargh sorry I should have mentioned that I was looking for an European shop.

Johnny_Gan
05-16-2010, 10:05 PM
Do you think this special will soon be available in Canada?

npatten
05-16-2010, 11:06 PM
A good thing this time the PC version will be available at the same time as the other versions...I always play on PC and I had to wait such a long time to get AC2 for PC!!! I can't wait to get the new game...And the multiplayer feature is very exciting too....I can't wait to beat every single one of you out there!!

npatten
05-16-2010, 11:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Johnny_Gan:
Do you think this special will soon be available in Canada? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I see it online on CD Universe (US online shop) I bet it should also be available for Canada...
http://www.cduniverse.com/prod...=8202288&style=games (http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=8202288&style=games)

Johnny_Gan
05-17-2010, 08:47 AM
Yea, but would it come with Harlequin?