PDA

View Full Version : Multiplay on HyperLobby or UBI; questions

KarayaEine
02-16-2005, 07:51 AM
I want to be able to set up a multiplayer session between my son and myself. I tried to do it at home through my home network but couldn't get it to work so I thought I might try UBI or HL.

Is it possible to set up a room on either of these servers where only certain people can play? (like by invite only).

Any ideas or suggestions on how to do this are greatly appreciated.

Johann

KarayaEine
02-16-2005, 07:51 AM
I want to be able to set up a multiplayer session between my son and myself. I tried to do it at home through my home network but couldn't get it to work so I thought I might try UBI or HL.

Is it possible to set up a room on either of these servers where only certain people can play? (like by invite only).

Any ideas or suggestions on how to do this are greatly appreciated.

Johann

fherathras
02-16-2005, 08:01 AM
just set the server up with a password

The.Tyke
02-16-2005, 08:08 AM
I've done it many times with me and my Son, both via LAN and UBI/HL. If your having probs connecting on a LAN, maybe it's your firewall or his.

Troll2k
02-16-2005, 11:55 AM
Since you mention you have a home network I assume you also have a router.Ubi.com does not support hosting from behind a router.

However you can host on HyperLobby without a problem.Just password protect your game.

You should also have no problem via a lan connection.Just the host create a game from the multiplayer screen and the other click"join server" from the multiplayer screen and put in the internal ip of the host.Also check in the il2setup program(seperate program in your main IL2 folder)under the network connection tab and make sure lan is selected.

Bearcat99
02-16-2005, 08:20 PM
You should be able to go IP to IP on your LAN... if you want to fly on HL with both of you in HL you should be able to. I dont know about UBI.