PDA

View Full Version : Skip bombing Stukas

telsono
12-23-2005, 04:42 PM
Has anyone tried skip bombing with Stukas? I was just reading in "Ju 87 in Foreign Service" by Mirolslaw Wawrzynski (Mushroom Model Publications) that the Italians were doing it. To be specific, Italian Stuka ace Guisseppe Cenni in March 1941 against Allied transports and merchant shipping with some notable success. He used it frequently until his death in 1943.

telsono
12-23-2005, 04:42 PM
Has anyone tried skip bombing with Stukas? I was just reading in "Ju 87 in Foreign Service" by Mirolslaw Wawrzynski (Mushroom Model Publications) that the Italians were doing it. To be specific, Italian Stuka ace Guisseppe Cenni in March 1941 against Allied transports and merchant shipping with some notable success. He used it frequently until his death in 1943.

MEGILE
12-23-2005, 04:43 PM
Nope.. do it all the time in Beaufighters though.

mole_boy
12-23-2005, 04:49 PM
I skip bomb with stukas reguarly. It is an excellent skip bomber because it is steady and doesn't jump around during the dive to sea level, which make accuracy easier.

The other underated Skip bomber is the He-111, in a squad training mission (wedge tailed eagles)I took out a carrier with 2x 2000kg direct hit in a sea level atack after a dive from 2000m.

WTE_Ibis
12-24-2005, 12:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by telsono:
Has anyone tried skip bombing with Stukas? I was just reading in "Ju 87 in Foreign Service" by Mirolslaw Wawrzynski (Mushroom Model Publications) that the Italians were doing it. To be specific, Italian Stuka ace Guisseppe Cenni in March 1941 against Allied transports and merchant shipping with some notable success. He used it frequently until his death in 1943. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
========================================
His success was great right up to the point where he was killed. I would use a faster plane, if Lufte use A8, just my opinion.

S` that was great work mole_boy http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif
Cheers m8.

Flakwalker
12-24-2005, 10:44 AM
If there is no AA, yes.

p1ngu666
12-24-2005, 11:15 AM
well ud haveto climb to get the speed in a dive, so u may aswell just dive bomb, tho he would be going after dodging ships, so then it may well be better. still stuka isnt fast :\

Bremspropeller
12-24-2005, 11:18 AM
Hast anyone tried a skipping Ohka yet ?

Would be nice for a Jap'46 game http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif