PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to mod this game? Are there any mods to raise difficulty? (ACII)

AelxProter
04-27-2010, 10:12 PM
I love this game, and I've finished the plot line. I'm finding that the replay value belong collecting feathers and glyphs is dwindling. My main complaints is that becoming notorious has no downside. Is there a way to make guards see you from further away when notorious? I have to walk into them or be carrying a dead body for them to attack me unprovoked.

Similarly, when I do attack some, they don't get help unless a patrol is already walking into them. I would compare this the gta, except instead of the cops calling the national guard, you just have the same cop chasing you.

I'd like to amp up the replay value on this, but it seems to be very limited. Is UBI considering updating the AI, or making this a possibility?

An example of this, is that I have never used a rooftop hideout, a stack of hay or a well to hide from patrols when they chase me. This really kills the stealth requirement of being an assassin.

AelxProter
04-27-2010, 10:12 PM
I love this game, and I've finished the plot line. I'm finding that the replay value belong collecting feathers and glyphs is dwindling. My main complaints is that becoming notorious has no downside. Is there a way to make guards see you from further away when notorious? I have to walk into them or be carrying a dead body for them to attack me unprovoked.

Similarly, when I do attack some, they don't get help unless a patrol is already walking into them. I would compare this the gta, except instead of the cops calling the national guard, you just have the same cop chasing you.

I'd like to amp up the replay value on this, but it seems to be very limited. Is UBI considering updating the AI, or making this a possibility?

An example of this, is that I have never used a rooftop hideout, a stack of hay or a well to hide from patrols when they chase me. This really kills the stealth requirement of being an assassin.

AelxProter
04-27-2010, 10:25 PM
please ban the above user's ip. still looking for acII help per OP

bokeef04
04-28-2010, 05:00 AM
your the above poster?

also try here:
AC2 mod (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/3621035448)

Murcuseo
04-28-2010, 06:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bokeef04:
your the above poster?

also try here:
AC2 mod (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/3621035448) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Someone was spamming the forum earlier so the ABOVE post probably got deleted lol

AelxProter
06-20-2010, 09:16 PM
anyone know if there is any way to make the guards pay more attention to your notoriety? It would be great if i actually had to try and hide while I was notorious. I have never used one of the rooftop cages to hide in, and I have rarely had to run away if I didn't engage in combat -other than carrying a dead body around...

anyone?

Vey03
06-21-2010, 03:42 AM
When you get your Auditore cape (by collecting all the feathers), you are automatically notorious everywhere outside of Monteriggioni (sp?), and pulling down posters or bribing heralds is not available.
It's a bit of fun having to be on guard all the time.

Account_Deleted
06-21-2010, 03:47 AM
turn of map and health indicators?
and as above poster
get all the feathers and you get the auidtorie cape

Bowcaster
06-21-2010, 07:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mouse03:
When you get your Auditore cape (by collecting all the feathers), you are automatically notorious everywhere outside of Monteriggioni (sp?), and pulling down posters or bribing heralds is not available.
It's a bit of fun having to be on guard all the time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How the heck do you find all the feathers?

There are just so many of them!!!

Murcuseo
06-21-2010, 07:54 AM
I used this guide (http://www.gamesradar.com/f/assassins-creed-ii-feathers-and-treasure-chests-guide/a-20091118131317820094) as a reference and found it very useful.

There's plenty of others out there if you look hard enough, you might find one that suits you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Bowcaster
06-21-2010, 11:21 AM
I don't really want a guide that tells me all of the locations. I find that to be sort of cheating.

Just some tips on good ways to find them quickly.

Murcuseo
06-21-2010, 11:41 AM
Check the Feathers part of the Database and use Eagle vision when looking for them... best of luck finding them without using a map or guide... you'll need it lol

Black_Widow9
06-21-2010, 02:26 PM
I'm going to move this here-
Assassin's Creed Hints & Tips (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/9011039408)

PaladinEagle
06-22-2010, 03:14 PM
I got mid 80's by just running around, doing all the side missions etc. After that it's just a case of using Eagle Vision and looking in every nook and cranny.

Although 1 tip, they're never at ground level

Vey03
06-23-2010, 02:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bowcaster77:
I don't really want a guide that tells me all of the locations. I find that to be sort of cheating.

Just some tips on good ways to find them quickly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep it's cheating! But as you say, there's 100 of the buggers. I found 78 on my own, and then used that guide to find the rest. It did involve going to every single area and checking, so a bit of a pain, but i've no patience for trying to find them all myself.

But those 78 i did on my own, i found them easy to spot.
They are always up high. Climb up and look around. Viewpoints are great, as long as they're not too high, otherwise everything below is a blur.
They glow, so night time is easy. During the day, don't look into the sun when you're trying to find one. Also, turn up your speakers and listen for them. Same as treasure chests.

They're always on ledges, polls, walls, anything sticking out of a building.
If they're on top of a building, they're not just on the roof. You'll have to climb to the highest point of that building.
I've also found that a lot are around treasure chests.