PDA

View Full Version : No wrecks of exploded planes on a runway bug?

AndyHigh
02-04-2004, 09:19 AM
This happened for me few weeks ago and thought
it was a bit unrealistic (forgot to post then):

One plane crashes on a runway after landing.
Second plane comes right after and collides
with the first. Both explode leaving a burning
"hole" but no wreckage at all. Then a third plane lands and runs happily trough the fire with no damage! I think there should be big
parts left even when planes explode on the ground.

AndyHigh
02-04-2004, 09:19 AM
This happened for me few weeks ago and thought
it was a bit unrealistic (forgot to post then):

One plane crashes on a runway after landing.
Second plane comes right after and collides
with the first. Both explode leaving a burning
"hole" but no wreckage at all. Then a third plane lands and runs happily trough the fire with no damage! I think there should be big
parts left even when planes explode on the ground.

Fennec_P
02-04-2004, 11:32 AM
This could be deliberate to pervent debris spamming.

Its no fun to be killed by the wreckage of someone else's exploding plane.

Besides, it doesn't make much sense for a burning plane to shatter into flying polygonal shards. It also doesn't make sense that small pieces of metal or foil would rip off your landing gear when you taxi over them.

AndyHigh
02-04-2004, 01:00 PM
Of course it's not fun to be killed, even in a war simulator. Nevertheless you can already get killed in so many ways so why not when you obviusly should be, landing trough two exploding planes.

It might be overkill to keep all small pieces but maybe keep only bigger parts so that runway would become unusable in a crash area like in reality had been the case.

ShVAK
02-04-2004, 01:13 PM
In the pre-patch days of Il-2, the debris stayed around for many minutes. It was a pain and was asked by the players to be removed.

Here's why:

Let's say you just started your engine on the ramp and it got vulched. Your plane then sustained critical damage (lost wing, exploded or similar). You hit esc and refly, and your plane begins reflight in the exact same spot - complete with all the debris. You could not taxi away from that spot without sustaining damage once more (by taxiing into the debris). If you hit refly again, you would only repeat the scenario and prolong the agony.

AndyHigh
02-04-2004, 11:19 PM
Well, online dogfighting might be a problem but some people play offline toohttp://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif. Say you down a landing enemy plane on a runway which explodes and that's it. No harm to other landing planes which sounds quite unrealistic.

Btw the game shouldn't allow player to start
on a spot which isn't clean anyway. Sometimes there might be other player's plane or even a
building which causes immediate explosion. That's not fun.