PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with F2A and FM planes?

Aesuai
06-23-2006, 01:25 AM
planes will load in single player mission and quick missions, but are not flyable at all.
Joystick and keyboard controls have no affect.
Sorry if this is a known bug, but I can't find any documentation anywhere regarding any problems. I'm using stand-alone pacific fighters installation.
As a game developer myself, i would consider this a pretty big bug. Games would not ship with this big a fubar. If it's a simple fix, I'd love to hear it, but as great as this simulator is, i still find it pretty amature in it's overall execution. I'm not trying to bash the game as I think it's great, but there are some serious WTF documentation issues with it.
Any solutions?

Aesuai
06-23-2006, 01:25 AM
planes will load in single player mission and quick missions, but are not flyable at all.
Joystick and keyboard controls have no affect.
Sorry if this is a known bug, but I can't find any documentation anywhere regarding any problems. I'm using stand-alone pacific fighters installation.
As a game developer myself, i would consider this a pretty big bug. Games would not ship with this big a fubar. If it's a simple fix, I'd love to hear it, but as great as this simulator is, i still find it pretty amature in it's overall execution. I'm not trying to bash the game as I think it's great, but there are some serious WTF documentation issues with it.
Any solutions?

FritzGryphon
06-23-2006, 02:47 AM
You're right, the game didn't ship with that big a fubar. The fubar is somewhere else entirely.

If I had to guess, it may be incorrect patch install order. That is usually the case when you have flyable problems, or load errors.

Do the missions load in cockpit, or external camera?

GerritJ9
06-23-2006, 04:02 AM
Another possibility, apart from incorrect patch order, may be that you installed a patch for the merged version- say, a 3.03m rather than the 3.03, which is for the stand-alone version of PF. When patches are installed correctly, both F2A-2 and FM-2 should be flyable.

stansdds
06-23-2006, 04:39 AM
Another possibility is that you have not assigned the aircraft controls to your input devices.

JG52Karaya-X
06-23-2006, 06:47 AM
Seriously I don't understand your point. You whine about some problem your having, yet your not able to tell us some basic information that would enable us to help you. Instead you just go on with your rant... well, have fun http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

BTW, I assume your problem is situated somewhere between the front end of your monitor and the back of your chair...

VF2_Ted
06-23-2006, 05:42 PM
Is not bug...is feature! American navy planes tested in soviet union found to be completely un-manueverable, only way to make plane turn is fire guns. You try fire guns now

Treetop64
06-23-2006, 05:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JG52Karaya-X:
Seriously I don't understand your point. You whine about some problem your having, yet your not able to tell us some basic information that would enable us to help you. Instead you just go on with your rant... well, have fun http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

BTW, I assume your problem is situated somewhere between the front end of your monitor and the back of your chair... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

JG52Karaya, now was all that really necessary? If you can't offer any solutions, then please don't add any problems...

Akronnick
06-23-2006, 06:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VF2_Ted:
Is not bug...is feature! American navy planes tested in soviet union found to be completely un-manueverable, only way to make plane turn is fire guns. You try fire guns now </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

be sure!

leitmotiv
06-23-2006, 08:41 PM
Er, this is not a known bug. Try reinstalling.

Aesuai
06-23-2006, 08:52 PM
Yeah. The missions load in the external camera.
I suppose it was a "merged" install order issue.
Still if it's that easy for the consumer to make that mistake it should be documented easilly in a faqs page for all to see. There are no other current issues I'm having that would lead me to assume incorrect patch installation. Crash, game not starting, etc.

As for JG52Karaya-X. I think you understood my point. That I cannot currently fly these specific planes in the game. What i was asking for was any known documentation regarding the issue I'm having. Most bugs don't occur just once. That's what play testers do. They track down repeatable bugs.

To all others, thanks for your help. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

VW-IceFire
06-23-2006, 09:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aesuai:
Yeah. The missions load in the external camera.
I suppose it was a "merged" install order issue.
Still if it's that easy for the consumer to make that mistake it should be documented easilly in a faqs page for all to see. There are no other current issues I'm having that would lead me to assume incorrect patch installation. Crash, game not starting, etc.

As for JG52Karaya-X. I think you understood my point. That I cannot currently fly these specific planes in the game. What i was asking for was any known documentation regarding the issue I'm having. Most bugs don't occur just once. That's what play testers do. They track down repeatable bugs.

To all others, thanks for your help. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes this bug does occur but there are a number of permutations based on how improperly someone installs the patches. I'm sure the statistics majors in the group can tell us about how many ways you can install the game wrong and that will give you an idea of how this bug works.

Walk us through what your patch order is including file names (this will be key) and I think we'll be able to find the solution for you. This problem is definately something that happens on the user end...its not a friendly patch process but its a fairly straightforward one if you're forewarned about it. Seeing as you're here we'll do our best to forewarn you as best as possible. Simply reinstalling in order should fix you right up but lets get an idea of where its gone wrong so far and someone should be able to spot the problem fairly quickly.

Bearcat99
06-23-2006, 09:30 PM
First off some of you guys should be ashamed... the guy has 7 posts for crying out loud, even if he did register in November of 03... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Secondly... Aesuai .. when you post here with a problem you need to know this:

1)There is a boatload of guys who will gladly giv e you any help you need without the wisecracks.... just ask.
2)When you ask.... you need to be precise... Did you patch it? In what order? Did you see the readme? ...... Are you sure your controllers are properly mapped? What kind of controllers do you have? Some of them need to be "turned on" before the profiles take effect.. at least the X-45 is that way.... are you even using controllers or are you trying to use a keyboard?

All these things we need to know before we can offer any help.... at least those of us who are willing to actually help you and not make you sorry you came here to even ask.....

I highly recommend though that you consider getting the other parts to the sim.... PF as a stand alone is an incomplete product IMO. Although it can be flown as a standalone.... when juxtaposed with what is available in the fully merged version (Forgotten Battles+The Aces Expansion Pack+PF.. then patched to 4.04 at least.. then if you are willing the Pe-2 paid add on (($18.... download only which will bring you to 4.05... also be advised that a Forgotten Battles Complete edition DVD which has all three sims and is patched to 4.03 I thin.. it may be 4.04.. Im not sure.. someone will correct me though Im sure... can be had for $34 from Go Gamer))... which will bring you to the latest version and allow you to upgrade to the 4.06 version which is due out soon... (The paid add ons have new maps and content... but they are cheap.... and IMO worth it) ..

I hope I didnt confuse you too much... welcome aboard and tell us what is happening...

Crash_Moses
06-23-2006, 09:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bearcat99:
... also be advised that a Forgotten Battles Complete edition DVD which has all three sims and is patched to 4.03 I thin.. it may be 4.04.. Im not sure.. someone will correct me though Im sure... can be had for $34 from Go Gamer))... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Darn tootin'! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

The complete edition is indeed 4.04.

S!