PDA

View Full Version : Corey May is Awesome (with a capital 'A')

Xanatos2007
03-03-2010, 09:41 PM
I just got my hands on ACII and am playing it now, so I won't be on the forums for a while. But before I do anything else I just wanted to say that Corey May is an excellent script writer! I just escaped from Christina's father and all the dialogue I've heard so far has been hilarious and entertaining. The mix of Italian & English is just right and adds to the authenticity of the game. I've also heard some music by Jesper Kyd which I didn't hear in the soundtrack yet, which I think was brilliant and suited the Abstergo escape really well (kinda reminded me of Thief for a bit).

I would go into a lot more detail but right now I really want to get back in the Animus, but I just wanted to leave a quick message.

Xanatos2007
03-03-2010, 09:41 PM
I just got my hands on ACII and am playing it now, so I won't be on the forums for a while. But before I do anything else I just wanted to say that Corey May is an excellent script writer! I just escaped from Christina's father and all the dialogue I've heard so far has been hilarious and entertaining. The mix of Italian & English is just right and adds to the authenticity of the game. I've also heard some music by Jesper Kyd which I didn't hear in the soundtrack yet, which I think was brilliant and suited the Abstergo escape really well (kinda reminded me of Thief for a bit).

I would go into a lot more detail but right now I really want to get back in the Animus, but I just wanted to leave a quick message.

AltairEagleEzio
03-03-2010, 10:17 PM
Worth the wait huh?

SWJS
03-04-2010, 10:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AltairEagleEzio:
Worth the wait huh? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It sounds so.

Also sounds like he isn't having a problem with the DRM either.

Geinref
03-04-2010, 11:34 PM
Heck yeah Corey May is awesome! Ever since I noticed his work in the Prince of Persia Sands of Time trilogy games, I've been somewhat of a fan of his work (of course most of the credit goes to the Ubisoft teams that were involve in these projects).

I'm glad the dudes enjoying the game, I still remember when I first played this game, I couldn't put the controller down! Even then I still find myself playing this game (going through my 5th time through it).

O6EvolutionIXMR
03-05-2010, 12:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AltairEagleEzio:

Also sounds like he isn't having a problem with the DRM either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Must there always be someone in every thread now, bashing Ubisoft. Don't like them, not happy about the way they do things? Go buy yourself another game.
I'm so sick and tired of this DRM BS already.
The DRM issue has nothing to do with this thread, so why even bring it up?

Xanatos2007
03-05-2010, 12:16 AM
Worth the wait huh? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not exactly.

No problems with the DRM so far, but I have a feeling things can go pear-shaped at any moment.

KZarr
03-05-2010, 07:37 AM
I thought there was a little too much Italian in the game, but besides that, Corey May is indeed Awesome!

Xanatos2007
03-05-2010, 12:11 PM
Well, I just finished ACII. My Review:

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">I'm going to have to go and stare at a blank wall for a while.</pre>

Mr_Shade
03-05-2010, 12:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
Well, I just finished ACII. My Review:

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">I'm going to have to go and stare at a blank wall for a while.</pre> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That good or bad?

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

If you mean the ending.. [I kinda agree] - but don't want to spoil it for others..

Did you enjoy the game though? that's whats important http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Xanatos2007
03-05-2010, 01:18 PM
Yes I did, I still need to discover the Truth though.

I still don't think it was worth a 5 month wait though; all for some silly DRM which didn't seem to work. Bad move.

SWJS
03-05-2010, 06:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by O6EvolutionIXMR:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:

Also sounds like he isn't having a problem with the DRM either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Must there always be someone in every thread now, bashing Ubisoft. Don't like them, not happy about the way they do things? Go buy yourself another game.
I'm so sick and tired of this DRM BS already.
The DRM issue has nothing to do with this thread, so why even bring it up? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I never said anything fould toward Ubisoft. As a matter of fact, I'm on Ubisoft's side. I loved AC2, and still do. I said it didn't look like the DRM was causing problems because he was obviously enjoying AC2, implying that the DRM was nothing to worry about. I suggest you think before you bite someone's head off.

Xanatos2007
03-05-2010, 10:07 PM
Well... this thread's gone a bit O-T.