PDA

View Full Version : how put the pe2 in autolevel ???

RED_BEAR8
04-29-2006, 06:42 PM
i use to fly fighters but this time i got pe2 and would like to do some level bomber runs on it. I donload a track oleg post on the forum and i saw that the plane was on auto level fly.

I have look for a key to do that but when i activated it just say automatition pilot off or on nothing else. there is a special key to do it? how could I put the pe2 on autolevel? There is and autopilot setting that i dont know about?

Thanks!

RED_BEAR8
04-29-2006, 06:42 PM
i use to fly fighters but this time i got pe2 and would like to do some level bomber runs on it. I donload a track oleg post on the forum and i saw that the plane was on auto level fly.

I have look for a key to do that but when i activated it just say automatition pilot off or on nothing else. there is a special key to do it? how could I put the pe2 on autolevel? There is and autopilot setting that i dont know about?

Thanks!

Hashmark13
04-29-2006, 07:19 PM
Autopilot automation means that when you switch to a gunners seat, the AI still controls him. If it's on (by default it is on) when you switch from pilot seat to gunner seat, the autopilot will automatically (hence the "automation") engage for the pilot, while you control the gunner.

Level Autopilot is what youre looking for, and you have to manually bind it. I've bound it to alt + v but anything will work.

Edit: autopilot automation is only good offline. Online, there is no autopilot. I think the level autopilot works though.

RED_BEAR8
04-29-2006, 08:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hashmark13:

Level Autopilot is what youre looking for, and you have to manually bind it. I've bound it to alt + v but anything will work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean made it on the config ini file. because there is a level autopilot on the control setting. i alredy set it to Ctrl,A but on the game i got is the automation setting...

stugumby
04-29-2006, 08:57 PM
Did you mean level stabilizer ??? I have mine binded as S since i dont play online. Also dont forget in pe2 but not pe3 you also have dive brakes, mine are binded to L.

Hashmark13
04-29-2006, 09:00 PM
stugumby is right. It's level stabilizer.

I bound it ingame.
Most importantly.. It works fine.

RED_BEAR8
04-30-2006, 07:26 AM
level stabilizer now i get it thanks guys

woofiedog
04-30-2006, 07:47 AM
Link for Complex Engine Management from Air Warfare...

Complex Engine Management IL2 Forgotten Battles

Written by Jeff "Vulgar" Gerhardt

http://www.airwarfare.com/Sims/FB/fb_cem.htm

Quote: Trim
Is the ability to move the aircraft control surfaces in small increments and hold that setting. This includes elevators, ailerons and rudder. A properly trimmed aircraft is much easier to fly. A properly trimmed aircraft will be faster and or safer. I rarely use aileron or rudder trim. In bombers trimming the rudder and ailerons will help you track a straight line for target alignment and bomb release. Trimming the elevator will allow you to maintain altitude or control climb or decent rate.

On all aircraft I have found that after takeoff as your speed increases your plane trim setting will cause the aircraft to climb. If you do not want to climb and want to gain airspeed, adjusting trim by causing your nose to go level or at a slight nose down angle of attack will allow you to gain airspeed as fast as possible. If you do not adjust trim and push the nose down by forcing your stick forwards your plane will increase speed but at a slower rate and control pressure may become excessive at high speeds and you will not achieve the maximum airspeed potential of your aircraft. On long climbs or descents trimming for the desired angle of attack will increase climb rate or descend rate.

On some aircraft you will have to hit the trim button more times than others. This is realistic as trim wheels, aircraft specifics or ratio of movement per revolution are not the same.

RED_BEAR8
04-30-2006, 10:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by woofiedog:
Link for Complex Engine Management from Air Warfare...

Complex Engine Management IL2 Forgotten Battles

Written by Jeff "Vulgar" Gerhardt

http://www.airwarfare.com/Sims/FB/fb_cem.htm

Quote: Trim
Is the ability to move the aircraft control surfaces in small increments and hold that setting. This includes elevators, ailerons and rudder. A properly trimmed aircraft is much easier to fly. A properly trimmed aircraft will be faster and or safer. I rarely use aileron or rudder trim. In bombers trimming the rudder and ailerons will help you track a straight line for target alignment and bomb release. Trimming the elevator will allow you to maintain altitude or control climb or decent rate.

On all aircraft I have found that after takeoff as your speed increases your plane trim setting will cause the aircraft to climb. If you do not want to climb and want to gain airspeed, adjusting trim by causing your nose to go level or at a slight nose down angle of attack will allow you to gain airspeed as fast as possible. If you do not adjust trim and push the nose down by forcing your stick forwards your plane will increase speed but at a slower rate and control pressure may become excessive at high speeds and you will not achieve the maximum airspeed potential of your aircraft. On long climbs or descents trimming for the desired angle of attack will increase climb rate or descend rate.

On some aircraft you will have to hit the trim button more times than others. This is realistic as trim wheels, aircraft specifics or ratio of movement per revolution are not the same. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey thanks for the link in info http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

mandrill7
04-30-2006, 02:17 PM
Readbear8, all the stuff in oleg's training video needs to be set up by you in the controls section of the home interface. Just enter the controls page and find the various necessary entries: level stabilizer, dive brakes, gunsight altitude, gunsight velocity, etc.

Make up keyboard values to suit yourself for all that extra stuff and note them down so you can remember them when you go into QMB and start practicing.

I'm not sure the Pe-2 authentically used the special bomb site oleg has given us. I've always understood it was a simply dive bomber and I've been playing it as such. I put a couple of ships out in the Black Sea in the FMB and placed a Pe-2 to approach from their stern. The ventral front view is very good in the Pe-2. When you site the ship, slap on the level stabilizer as that makes it easier to keep the ship in view thru the ventral glass panels. When the ship is just disappearing under the side of the panel nearest to you (the pilot), cut throttle to nil, slap on the dive brakes, lean into the crosshair sight and push over.

RED_BEAR8
04-30-2006, 03:05 PM
Thakns Mandrill7 i alreday done the setting my problem was that i didn´t find the level stabilizer on the key setting on the window. now i alredy set it and have play some missons with it.

Thaks for the tip on dive bomber i gona try it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif