PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Revelations Desmond's Ancestry Explained

Grandmaster_Z
10-11-2011, 06:59 AM
http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/acti...s;editor;all;title;4 (http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/action/assassins-creed-revelations/video/6339000/assassins-creed-revelations-desmonds-ancestry-explained?tag=updates;editor;all;title;4)

Grandmaster_Z
10-11-2011, 06:59 AM
http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/acti...s;editor;all;title;4 (http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/action/assassins-creed-revelations/video/6339000/assassins-creed-revelations-desmonds-ancestry-explained?tag=updates;editor;all;title;4)

Jexx21
10-11-2011, 07:35 AM
I'm interested in Eagle Vision. Everyone has the potential to have it since we were made by the TWCB, but the hybrids have a higher potential? Interesting.

EscoBlades
10-11-2011, 07:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
I'm interested in Eagle Vision. Everyone has the potential to have it since we were made by the TWCB, but the hybrids have a higher potential? Interesting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is a bit like having a high concentration of Midichlorians (Star Wars reference) in one person, who ends up being a strong Force user.

The convergence of many bloodlines in a single person (or group of people) manifests itself with heightened senses and abilities, e.g. Eagle Vision.

LightRey
10-11-2011, 07:58 AM
Great info. Things are starting to make a whole lot more sense.

CRUDFACE
10-11-2011, 08:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EscoBlades:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
I'm interested in Eagle Vision. Everyone has the potential to have it since we were made by the TWCB, but the hybrids have a higher potential? Interesting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is a bit like having a high concentration of Midichlorians (Star Wars reference) in one person, who ends up being a strong Force user.

The convergence of many bloodlines in a single person (or group of people) manifests itself with heightened senses and abilities, e.g. Eagle Vision. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I feel like I have to high five you because you made a star wars reference, lol.

TBH, I hated Midichlorians in star wars because the Force was a religious focus. It's like being born holy without practice.

But in this purely scifi setting, it works out okay

Edit: Still don't get why TWCB would just give us this gift then lock it away. Especially after Juno said that she passed it through the blood.

RzaRecta357
10-11-2011, 08:50 AM
Because they had to interbreed on a whim when they were almost killed didn't they? I have to watch the video still but I figured they created us without it and the interbreeding is what did it.

Darby even mentioned in a different interview that the ancient blood is a reason he is still so agile. Or they like to believe that. Which basically makes it canon.

Just like tons of us always believed.

CRUDFACE
10-11-2011, 09:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
Because they had to interbreed on a whim when they were almost killed didn't they? I have to watch the video still but I figured they created us without it and the interbreeding is what did it.

Darby even mentioned in a different interview that the ancient blood is a reason he is still so agile. Or they like to believe that. Which basically makes it canon.

Just like tons of us always believed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I thought, but doesn't he say that that we just have it but locked away? Not that it's someone with their genes in hybrids, they just unlock it faster, but that we could all in a way learn eagle vision even if we weren't descended from those who came before...or eagle sense...or something else they come up with lol.

Sounds like we could use Eagle vision before they interbred with us...

LightRey
10-11-2011, 09:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:

Just like tons of us always believed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I thought, but doesn't he say that that we just have it but locked away? Not that it's someone with their genes in hybrids, they just unlock it faster, but that we could all in a way learn eagle vision even if we weren't descended from those who came before...or eagle sense...or something else they come up with lol.

Sounds like we could use Eagle vision before they interbred with us... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, we had the potential for it. It was just "locked" or something like that, so it would've been hard(er) to awaken it.

Jexx21
10-11-2011, 10:23 AM
Which makes it a very important thing for my Naruto/AC crossover.