PDA

View Full Version : I can't controle pitch?

haxfar
06-19-2009, 05:07 AM
Hi, i'm having a problem of changing the pitch on aircrafts, and i know pretty much why...
Before i installed il-2 ultimate edition, i had a program called WinDVD 5 installed. That made a problem of whitch i couldn't use Ctrl+F1, because that was the shortcut for WinDVD.
So i'm expecting this "fault" to also be because of this program.

It can't be the software itself, i've had earlier versions of il-2 on my computer before, at the same time with this WinDVD. I've uninstalled WinDVD, nut the problem still exist. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Thanks for any help...

haxfar
06-19-2009, 05:07 AM
Hi, i'm having a problem of changing the pitch on aircrafts, and i know pretty much why...
Before i installed il-2 ultimate edition, i had a program called WinDVD 5 installed. That made a problem of whitch i couldn't use Ctrl+F1, because that was the shortcut for WinDVD.
So i'm expecting this "fault" to also be because of this program.

It can't be the software itself, i've had earlier versions of il-2 on my computer before, at the same time with this WinDVD. I've uninstalled WinDVD, nut the problem still exist. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Thanks for any help...

DKoor
06-19-2009, 05:13 AM
Check your difficulty settings.
Turn ON "Complex Engine Management".

Also note that some aircraft have automatic prop pitch control, to override which you will need to set some key (or key combination) to "Prop Pitch Auto" control.

On aircraft such is A6M2-21 or LaGG-3 series 4 your prop pitch is manual so there is no confusion... if you aren't able to lower it or raise it to 100 manually, then you either haven't set a proper buttons to "Increase/Decrease Prop pitch" or you don't have "Complex Engine Management" enabled ON.

M_Gunz
06-19-2009, 12:30 PM
if CEM is turned on and it still doesn't work then reassign your prop pitch keys and see if that works.
For example if you have a throttle then set the prop pitch keys to be the number keys without shift since
you don't want hotas throttle and keys both running power anyway.