PDA

View Full Version : Back of the Box says Altair is ancestor of Ezio

Grandmaster_Z
11-15-2011, 11:46 AM
So on the back of the game box, there is a paragraph that is in Ezio's words, saying i have to relive the moments of my Ancestor, Altair..or something like that.
So what happened to them not being related? Which is true?

Grandmaster_Z
11-15-2011, 11:46 AM
So on the back of the game box, there is a paragraph that is in Ezio's words, saying i have to relive the moments of my Ancestor, Altair..or something like that.
So what happened to them not being related? Which is true?

Ezio292012
11-15-2011, 11:48 AM
they mean by that cus altair was an assasin and ezio is an assasin too

Blind2Society
11-15-2011, 11:55 AM
No, they definitely said ancestor. They could try to play it off as that's Desmond saying that but I don't think anyone will be fooled. Kind of a funny slip up, it made me chuckle a bit.

misterB2001
11-15-2011, 11:58 AM
the back of the game box says....

"Following in the footsteps of the legendary Altair, Master Assassin Ezio Auditore embarks on an epic quest to unlock the secrets of the creed."

ShaneO7K
11-15-2011, 11:58 AM
I havn't seen the back of the box yet, but could it not be Desmond saying it?

Grandmaster_Z
11-15-2011, 12:01 PM
the way it was written, it could not be Desmond. When I get home ill post the entire paragraph.

Kage_Maru
11-15-2011, 12:09 PM
On the back of the UK case it says "Following in the footsteps of the legendary Altair, master assassin. Ezio auditore embarks on an epic quest to unlock the secrets of the creed. "

LightRey
11-15-2011, 12:10 PM
What game box are we talking about here? I have the animus edition and I have no box that even has the word "ancestor" on it.

Blind2Society
11-15-2011, 12:15 PM
The case that the disc comes in, duh http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

LightRey
11-15-2011, 12:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blind2Society:
The case that the disc comes in, duh http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well then you're wrong. That says what above posters said. No mention of Alta´r being anyone's ancestor.

Blind2Society
11-15-2011, 12:31 PM
No you're wrong, it does say it.

"I have always lived by the creed. My blades have dispensed death and justice in equal measure. Yet I am no closer to discovering the truth behind our order. So I must walk the path of my ancestor, Altair, in whose footsteps I will find my true purpose."

LightRey
11-15-2011, 12:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blind2Society:

"I have always lived by the creed. My blades have dispensed death and justice in equal measure. Yet I am no closer to discovering the truth behind our order. So I must walk the path of my ancestor, Altair, in whose footsteps I will find my true purpose." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That is not on my game box.

Grandmaster_Z
11-15-2011, 12:41 PM

"I have always lived by the creed. My blades have dispensed death and justice in equal measure. Yet I am no closer to discovering the truth behind our order. So I must walk the path of my ancestor, Altair, in whose footsteps I will find my true purpose." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that is exactly it. its on the back of the PS3 game case. Looks like the marketing dept. is also confused about the Bloodlines, lol.

LightRey
11-15-2011, 12:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Grandmaster_Z:

that is exactly it. its on the back of the PS3 game case. Looks like the marketing dept. is also confused about the Bloodlines, lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Then it would appear that it's only on the PS3 case, which leads me to assume that it's not a mistake on Ubisoft's part.

scope2005
11-15-2011, 12:52 PM
Lets face it, Ezio and Altair and desmond were at one point all *supposed* to be related in one bloodline as direct descendants of each other... Hell they are all identical clones of one another. There was no-way they planned that twist from the start - no wonder thier own guys got it wrong on the packaging http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The story was only RET-CONNED by Darby McDevvit simply so they could continue to give desmond like an infinite amount of ancestors so they can milk the franchise to death.

The confusion caused to fans in the name of making money eh?

luckyto
11-15-2011, 12:56 PM

Mine too. PS3

Kage_Maru
11-15-2011, 12:58 PM
Neither of you are probably wrong, it must be a regional thing. As I said before, the UK PS3 box definitely does not say it, and as proof I took a photo - http://i.imgur.com/BnzOa.jpg. I'm guessing those of you who do have the different back are from NA?

Skylined69
11-15-2011, 12:59 PM
I'd put it down to the region the game was released in, it has no mention of ancestors on the back of my copy for the ps3 and I ordered the animus edition.

I've seen this before with games and DVDs it just depends on the spiel the marketing department think will work in any given region or country.

LightRey
11-15-2011, 01:01 PM
I think that at this point it's safe to assume that the people working on the PS3 cases for a specific region (US?) messed up.

Blind2Society
11-15-2011, 01:06 PM
Yeah you're probably right, they probably screwed up the US PS3 case, realised it and fixed it for the rest. It still sounds cool though. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

pacmanate
11-15-2011, 01:22 PM
360 version doesnt say that.

360 FTW!

SpitfireSpud
11-15-2011, 01:27 PM
I have my case in front of me... 360 Animus version,and it doesn't say ancestor at all...

souNdwAve89
11-15-2011, 02:53 PM
I have the U.S. GameStop Signature Edition and mine says the same as the OP. Sounds like Ubisoft didn't pay attention to their printing.

"I have always lived by the Creed. My blades have dispensed death and justice in equal measure. yet I am no closer to discovering the truth behind our Order. So I must walk the path of my ancestor, Altair, in whose footsteps I will find my true purpose.

LightRey
11-15-2011, 03:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by souNdwAve89:
I have the U.S. GameStop Signature Edition and mine says the same as the OP. Sounds like Ubisoft didn't pay attention to their printing.

"I have always lived by the Creed. My blades have dispensed death and justice in equal measure. yet I am no closer to discovering the truth behind our Order. So I must walk the path of my ancestor, Altair, in whose footsteps I will find my true purpose. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Only on the US PS3 version so far. I'm also not sure if Ubi is responsible for the printing.

luckyto
11-15-2011, 03:06 PM
So that means that all PS3 users in America can still live in denial.

Altair is Ezio's ancestor... I believe. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

souNdwAve89
11-15-2011, 03:07 PM
The picture to anyone interested.

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/3949/dscn0004p.jpg

PinkSkittles284
11-16-2011, 02:52 AM
ive got US signature edition for the 360 and it has 'my ancestor' on it. saw it last night and was like http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Krayus Korianis
11-16-2011, 04:30 AM
You guys do know that it could probably not be a literal comment on his ancestry... Just that Alta´r was an ancestor of the Order...

Neo00_85
11-16-2011, 04:30 AM
Actually... if you consider the word Brotherhood.... the Assassin's are like a family... a bunch of brothers.... they have a head of the family (the Mentor), and a hierarchy just like a normal family....so if I'm a assassin from the present, any assassin from the past is my ancestor. Even if their are not from the same bloodline, they were my brothers...my family...my ancestors..

vorenus73
11-16-2011, 11:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neo00_85:
Actually... if you consider the word Brotherhood.... the Assassin's are like a family... a bunch of brothers.... they have a head of the family (the Mentor), and a hierarchy just like a normal family....so if I'm a assassin from the present, any assassin from the past is my ancestor. Even if their are not from the same bloodline, they were my brothers...my family...my ancestors.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good point, in theory... but one of the central ideas of this game is DNA... so you can't use family in that loose context when the premise of the game is based on DNA and genetic ancestral memories.

souNdwAve89
11-16-2011, 11:29 AM
Considering how the game itself has some problems, I am not surprise they messed up on the printing.

massmurdera_666
11-16-2011, 11:33 AM
what do you expect when the disks, cases and covers are manufactured in Mexico, for the U.S. versions at least.

also, I'm not putting down Mexico or Mexicans in any way at all. plus they have a different language than the majority of the U.S., so maybe ancestor is grammatically correct for them? i don't know, i live near Canada and don't speak Spanish.

spongeboy1985
02-07-2012, 07:19 AM
Neither of you are probably wrong, it must be a regional thing. As I said before, the UK PS3 box definitely does not say it, and as proof I took a photo - http://i.imgur.com/BnzOa.jpg. I'm guessing those of you who do have the different back are from NA?

Yes I have a North American Signature Edition Xbox 360 copy and the quote about the two being related on the back. Maybe it was an oversight of Ubisofts