PDA

View Full Version : Plane explodes at the very first second of a misson

JASTA
02-17-2006, 11:01 AM
Hi all,

I'am playing the RAAF Campaign at present. In Mission #7 the P 40 explodes while I'am still standing on the airfield and there is nothing I can do, since I don't even have the time to hit the "pause" button. Are there any ways to solve this problems?

Cheers
Jasta

JASTA
02-17-2006, 11:01 AM
Hi all,

I'am playing the RAAF Campaign at present. In Mission #7 the P 40 explodes while I'am still standing on the airfield and there is nothing I can do, since I don't even have the time to hit the "pause" button. Are there any ways to solve this problems?

Cheers
Jasta

WWSensei
02-17-2006, 11:12 AM
Open the mission file and either move the aircraft you are spawning on top of or move yourself...

Wild.Bill.Kelso
02-17-2006, 02:19 PM
Do you start the engine? If so, make sure the throttle is at 0% before starting. Sometimes I forget this and when I start the engine I run into the guy in front of me and blow up.

Hoatee
02-17-2006, 03:01 PM
Virtual sabotage?

Treetop64
02-17-2006, 05:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JASTA:
Hi all,

Cheers
Jasta </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

-- President George Bush:
"Heh! Them dang terrisht!"

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

CornbreadPattie
02-17-2006, 05:07 PM
cheney: "first we're gonna bomb the terrist airfield/training camp, then we will occupy the RAAF to be safe...... now I'm gonna take my friends huntin'"

e2michaelb
02-17-2006, 05:31 PM
Interesting! I have had exactly the same problem with VMF-214, a "Black Sheep" campaign I downloaded from one of the other sites. This began to occur around Mission #17 or #18. I was able to time the tapping of the Pause button to where I could stop it at about 2 or 3 microseconds of explosion, when the flying pieces were stopped in mid-air within about a 15' to 20' virtual diameter sphere. It was also occurring across the field to other aircraft. Opening the mission file and moving aircraft will be an interesting venture for this computer noob. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

Wild.Bill.Kelso
02-17-2006, 06:12 PM
I was playing Hell Hawks campaign last night and it also started acking kind of funny. I flew a mission and got shot down. So I clicked Refly and used autopilot for takeoff. About 1/2 mile after takeoff, autopilot started flying the plane into the ground. I caught it just in time and saved it. I used the timewarp to jump to the next waypoint and used autopilot again and a minute later it was flying it into the ground again. I did all this again and when I got close to the target my plane just exploded in the air. (Maybe I was shot down again but I didn't see or hear anything) I tried again and the same thing happened. None of this has ever happened before, so I just quit that campaign and flew another one.

Is it a coinsidence that this is happening after the 4.03patch?

JASTA
02-18-2006, 06:40 AM
Yeah sabotage seems to be the most likley eplanation for this http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

@Wild Bill, no I don't even have the time to start the engine, all of this happens in a split second, and since I don't have the 4.03 Patch (with 56K its a matter of hours to download...and hours and hours...)it should have nothing to do with that.

Maybe I will remove the complete mission out of the folder when I come home, mabay that works.

Zeus-cat
02-18-2006, 07:28 AM
These missions are generated by the computer assembling bits and pieces of stuff from a master file. Rarely, the pieces don't fit. That is what happened here. You should be able to edit the mission in the FMB. Two things are trying to occupy the same place at the same time and that doesn't work.

GerritJ9
02-19-2006, 03:19 AM
I have this problem with one of the G.50 missions in the Italian pack- two seconds after the mission has loaded and before I can even select "start engine" the plane explodes. Haven't been able to solve it unfortunatelyhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif