PDA

View Full Version : spits vs. 109s skins??

Trigger_88
10-10-2007, 03:46 PM
Whats the deal with people in that server? Why dont they allow you to use skins even if they cant see them? If they cant see them whats the big deal? I like using historical skins and recording my missions with them. I have the correct markings on my plane so they can see but also use skins. OMFG they are just stupid cun* bags.

Trigger_88
10-10-2007, 03:46 PM
Whats the deal with people in that server? Why dont they allow you to use skins even if they cant see them? If they cant see them whats the big deal? I like using historical skins and recording my missions with them. I have the correct markings on my plane so they can see but also use skins. OMFG they are just stupid cun* bags.

Xiolablu3
10-10-2007, 03:56 PM
classy...

JG53Frankyboy
10-10-2007, 04:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Trigger_88:
Whats the deal with people in that server? Why dont they allow you to use skins even if they cant see them? If they cant see them whats the big deal? I like using historical skins and recording my missions with them. I have the correct markings on my plane so they can see but also use skins. OMFG they are just stupid cun* bags. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

skin download on dogfightservers is not a good idea for online play !
bad for connection............. there for , skindownload is off.

and btw, it takes 20-30min till your skin will be visible for other players.

anyway, as said, skindownload is off - so use your skíns - BUT , always have the wanted (read brief) markings on !!!

polak5
10-10-2007, 04:07 PM
Just saw u get kicked/banned 15 mins ago. Your already on here talking about it?
Go outside and smoke something, chill out.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

GIAP.Shura
10-10-2007, 04:10 PM
They are paying for the bandwidth you are using. It isn't asking much for you not to use skins. It certainly doesn't merit your insults.

TheGozr
10-10-2007, 04:12 PM
This is not a Motorcycle Forum . A little bit of tact would be appreciated.

Trigger_88
10-10-2007, 04:24 PM
Ok so let me get this strait, people will be able to see my skins after 20 min. even with skin download off? If this is the case I understand why they dont want skins. If this isnt the case the why in the h*** cant I use a skin if it doesnt bother anyone?

Bearcat99
10-10-2007, 04:27 PM
You better get a grip there chuckles.... and why ciome here? The best thing to do would be to email the server admin or PM him in HL.... server hosts set their servers however they want.. if YOU dont like it then dont fly that server.

Skunk_438RCAF
10-10-2007, 04:30 PM
Hey you furious one,

check out this thread:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/26310365/m/7911018595

Pay close attention to cCrash's post.

Your skin will not appear to anyone in the server if it has skin download off.

WoP servers require you to use the default markings (markings on checked in the arming screen) according to the side you have chosen. I dont know if it its still the case, but last time I was on a WoP server if I chose a custom skin the default markings wouldnt show.

Its only so others can identify you and avoid friendly fire.

I say, its their rules. Dont like em, go fly elsewhere.

I_JG78_Max
10-10-2007, 04:55 PM
As it was explained to me earlier this night:

The idea behind this rule is, that people who use custom skins often have custom markings on their skins too and tend to switch in game nation to "none", to avoid doubled markings.

So you may use a custom skin as long as you still use the nations marking demanded in the briefing. I use customs skins most of the time, but don't like the default markings. To make them look more authentic i use IL-2 MAT Manager v.2.36. That dose the trick pretty well, i can only recommend it. Because of that i had never to use custom skins with markings already applied, so i regulary wondered about that "strange" rule. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

However, how is Gunrunner able to fly? I get the impression, that he constantly presses the s-button to make sure everybody uses correct markings. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Gruß,

I/JG78_Max

Trigger_88
10-10-2007, 06:43 PM
lol. hey thanks I_JG78_Max, I do the same, I use a custom skin with the default markings on even if they overlap. I tried explaining this to gunrunner but nooo he banned me....what a dumbas*

TgD Thunderbolt56
10-11-2007, 08:52 AM
He's not a dum@as, He's a server admin following the rules of the server.

You could save the trouble and effort by doing the same. Since HISTORIA turned skin DL off a couple months ago, I don't know of a single 'popular' server that has it on. Despite this, you can still use your custom skins (as described above) on other servers. So go do it there. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

That's kinda like calling the owner of a drinking establishment that enforces a dress code a dum@as too for not letting you come in wearing your best flannel shirt with the sleeves ripped off and cutoff bluejeans shorts. It's not a right, but a privelege to be able have these servers (and drinking establishments http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ) there for your use...as long as you follow the rules.

I'm sure Gunrunner would rather be flying than having to constantly police the pilots not following the rules. Ya think?

TB

JG53Frankyboy
10-11-2007, 09:08 AM
anyhow, now im wondering too :
when Skindownload is off (as on WoP), how the server (and his admin) or another client can know that another client is using a costum skin (assuming game markings are used !) ??

KRISTORF
10-11-2007, 09:15 AM
Trigger_88,
At the end of the day its the server rules, if you are not happy with it start your own up, spend the money on the bandwidth, take the time to make the maps etc, give your time to run it how you want.

Bobs your uncle, problem solved

whiteladder
10-11-2007, 09:20 AM
Why are you posting this here? Go and gripe at:

www.warbirdsofprey.org (http://www.warbirdsofprey.org).
Although if you use the same tone, and especially your last sentence don`t be suprised if you get a less than friendly response.

Krt_Bong
10-11-2007, 09:26 AM
It's like this; If you have a custom skin (I have hundreds) and it's a blank with no pre-applied markings then go ahead but use the proper markings for the map ie. RAF not RAAF, New Zealand or whatever you think you feel like wearing regardless of the brief, If Gunny or any of the other Admins see that your not wearing what is appropriate and you refused to respond to the chat an act like you cant be bothered, you'll be kicked. I see all the time people wearing wrong markings and wearing their own nationalities like someone wearing Russian because thats where they come from. We run a Historical server with (as close as we can get them)Historical missions. If you can't follow the brief and wear the proper marks for the mission then obviously you don't appreciate why we have the rules we do so therefore maybe you'd be happier on one of the other servers that have the same planeset for each side and run icons to tell who's who. We have rules and we expect Everyone to play by them. Maybe you don't like it but if you don't want to be kicked don't scoff at them and insist on doing it your way, simple.

IFly_1968
10-11-2007, 10:26 AM
This is a joke right? Or are you not mature enough to realize that:

1. Wrong place for this

2. You catch more flies with honey

3. You do not realize that your way of posting actually impresses nobody here on the board.

4. All of the above

Get a grip and just follow the regs of the the server you are on. You need to realize it is not your right to fly on any server but rather a Privilege that is granted to you unless you own the server.

Jaws2002
10-11-2007, 05:54 PM
With this atitude I don't think will matter anymore what skin he tries to use in Spits vs 109's. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

There's a reason why they want you to use default skins:

A lot of airplanes in this game (mostly American) have a bug. When you use a custom skin on the servers, your in game markings won't show on the skin. Go try it with a F6F, Jug corsair or many other planes.
Markings do not apear on custom skins on this planes.
In the player list you will see the markings you've chosen but nothing will apear on your plane.
That's how they knew you have custom skin in the first place.

TC_Stele
10-11-2007, 06:54 PM
Trigger 88, please understand that skins are off to help run a smooth connection for everyone. The server is great, along with its counterpart Zekes vs Wild.

VMF-214_HaVoK
10-12-2007, 12:39 AM
Does it really matter why? No it dont, just follow the rules or find another server. Its as simple as that. An admin does not need to explain himself to you because you can not seem to read a brief or follow a rule. Perhaps if you asked with a little bit of respect you would receive a different answer.

MEGILE
10-12-2007, 04:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Trigger_88:
OMFG they are just stupid cun* bags. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO. Best post all morning.