PDA

View Full Version : 1-2 second(s) unresponsiveness in fixed blend groups?

thornebrook
12-22-2011, 03:11 AM
I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. After joining fixed blend groups, my persona would at times just not respond to directional commands for a period of time. S/he'd just remain standing there in his/her blended position, not moving, while my finger is pressed on a directional key. It would take my persona around 1-2 seconds before s/he'd start moving. This seems to just affect movement, I've noticed no such unresponsiveness when using abilities or hitting stun/kill.

I play on the PC platform, do consoles experience this as well? What's the reason behind this movement delay?

deadly_thought
12-22-2011, 03:48 AM
using taunt will get your player to become responsive again at least on xbox hope it helps

thornebrook
12-22-2011, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by deadly_thought:
using taunt will get your player to become responsive again at least on xbox hope it helps

Thanks for the reply! My persona isn't "stuck" though, just that 1-2 second delay before s/he starts moving.

tastemyfreedom
12-22-2011, 12:06 PM
This has happened to me a couple of times. I'll enter a blend group and sometimes get stuck there for about 2 seconds before I am able to move again.

Just Krispy
12-22-2011, 12:10 PM
I've noticed that in ACR versus Brotherhood, the moving blend groups will often "stick"...they will just stay still and the NPC's will either all just stand there or turn in place. Its gotten me killed a number of times....the NPC herds moved better in Brotherhood...

behrskins
12-22-2011, 12:12 PM
The one good thing about the ACR groups is that you can actually lead them now. In ACB you couldn't so you could always dismiss the leader. In ACR you cannot. I got lots of lures this way

Ripe Claw
12-22-2011, 04:24 PM
Also the glitch that moving the camera control will move your persona in circles in a blend group happens to me probably 50% of the time in AC:R. It only happened a few times sporadically in AC:B.

Lethalla
12-22-2011, 09:26 PM
Can't say I've noticed this... but I do have Blender not appearing to activate - ie get the visual effect but the NPC remains unchanged. Exiting & reentering the group usually fixes it. And it may be that the NPC does change (just not on my screen) but I don't want to take that chance.

The thing that seems less of a problem now is that in ACB you could enter a blend group and not move - which a lot of the time was very useful for picking which one was your target. Haven't noticed this much at all in ACR.

Collinwood01
12-23-2011, 05:37 PM
I recently put blend back on because I forgot why I took it off, and then...O yeah, Now I remember. I have to walk into a group 3 to 5 times before someone gets duplicated. What a waste!