PDA

View Full Version : noob questions

AznKamiKazeKid
07-07-2005, 10:32 PM
Hi...I usually play Lock On, but i decided to get some WWII action. I'm loving this game so far but I'm having some problems trimming the plane. Could anyone tell me how to do it? And if possible tell me the main keys i need to map out on my old saitek X-36F joystick. Also, my crappy graphics card (a GeForce4 Ti 4200) makes the water look pretty crappy. Is there a alternative water mod?

AznKamiKazeKid
07-07-2005, 10:32 PM
Hi...I usually play Lock On, but i decided to get some WWII action. I'm loving this game so far but I'm having some problems trimming the plane. Could anyone tell me how to do it? And if possible tell me the main keys i need to map out on my old saitek X-36F joystick. Also, my crappy graphics card (a GeForce4 Ti 4200) makes the water look pretty crappy. Is there a alternative water mod?

JR_Greenhorn
07-07-2005, 11:07 PM
For controls, either check the Quick Reference card that came in the box, or hit "Esc" while flying and go to the Controls screen. View or edit the trim controls to what you want, and they should work for you. Note: not all planes have trim in all axes.

To change the water, find the file config.ini in the FB/PF root directory. Open, and search for the line beginning with "water=" under the graphics mode heading that you fly with. Change the values for "water=" to 0, 1, 2, or 3. Some other values can be similarly changed here, but you may want to consult a guide on editing the config.ini before you get carried away. Make sure you save a backup copy before making any changes.

AznKamiKazeKid
07-07-2005, 11:08 PM
Also...I'm having some problems with the view. I use the mouse to look around and it appears that the axis is on reverse, top is down, down is top, left is right...etc. Any way to change this? I didnt see anything in the options that says reverse mouse.

JR_Greenhorn
07-07-2005, 11:13 PM
There might be a value for that in the config.ini as well. It's been a long time since I've messed with anything in there, so my memory is a little foggy. Make sure you check the configuration utility that you can access from the FB/PF group in the Start Menu.

I wish I could help you more, but I don't have access to a computer that can run FB presently.

Atomic_Marten
07-08-2005, 02:03 AM
You may try on this place http://www.airwarfare.com/

It probably covers all aspects of the game, info, tweaking, utility, tutorials etc.

Here's answer for your question (adjusting game - water quality etc.)
http://www.airwarfare.com/guides/config_guide.htm

AznKamiKazeKid
07-08-2005, 01:19 PM
I'm still having some problems with the view. In the cockpit, when i use to mouse to look around. The y axis performs correctly but the x-axis is reverse. Meaning, when i look up its actually looking down, and down is up. When i go to the external view (F2) the x-axis performs correctly but this time the y axis is reverse. Left is right and right is left. Please help me on this mind-boggling view! Also...i was wondering with all the new skins/mods i downloaded, do i have to install each one manually or is there a add on manager like the one used for Lock On called loman?

Bearcat99
07-08-2005, 01:44 PM
You can map that in the controls section I believe. Before I put rudder trim on my MSFFB throttle slider I used the arrow keys..... L & R arrows for obvious commands and the down arrow was for neutral trim.. now I just marked out a spot on the stick where neutral trim is and I look at the ball.