PDA

View Full Version : Altair's Unfinished Business

DreamerM
12-27-2007, 01:35 AM
A thread about the story threads introduced in AC1...and not wrapped by the end of the game. I know there's a very good chance that Assassin's Creed 2 will feature an all-new protagonist in a wholey different era, but this doesn't mean that Altair doesn't have any unfinished business.

These threads may or may not be related.

1) The Missing Woman. Mentioned only in passing, it's revealed that Altair has been waiting for news on some unknown female. A few Theories have so far been presented as to this woman's identity, and they each have their strengths and their weaknesses.

Is she his wife? Sister? Mother? Childhood Friend? One True Love? We simply have no way of knowing.

If It's In the Sequel The search for a missing woman might be a really good reason to get Altair out of his Holy Land stomping ground and out to see the wider world.

2) The Personal Vendetta. Altair hates the Templars. He hates their families, friends. and dog walkers. He hated them since before the game started. He hates them way more then Malik hates them, and they took Malik's arm! The big question is...WHY?

If it's in the sequel It's almost guarenteed to be, seeing as the Templars are the Big Bad of the whole Franchise, but getting more knowledge on why Altair in particular has such a hateful past with them might add some spice and some much-needed emotional depth to the world.

List to be continued when I'm feeling less lazy.

DreamerM
12-27-2007, 01:35 AM
A thread about the story threads introduced in AC1...and not wrapped by the end of the game. I know there's a very good chance that Assassin's Creed 2 will feature an all-new protagonist in a wholey different era, but this doesn't mean that Altair doesn't have any unfinished business.

These threads may or may not be related.

1) The Missing Woman. Mentioned only in passing, it's revealed that Altair has been waiting for news on some unknown female. A few Theories have so far been presented as to this woman's identity, and they each have their strengths and their weaknesses.

Is she his wife? Sister? Mother? Childhood Friend? One True Love? We simply have no way of knowing.

If It's In the Sequel The search for a missing woman might be a really good reason to get Altair out of his Holy Land stomping ground and out to see the wider world.

2) The Personal Vendetta. Altair hates the Templars. He hates their families, friends. and dog walkers. He hated them since before the game started. He hates them way more then Malik hates them, and they took Malik's arm! The big question is...WHY?

If it's in the sequel It's almost guarenteed to be, seeing as the Templars are the Big Bad of the whole Franchise, but getting more knowledge on why Altair in particular has such a hateful past with them might add some spice and some much-needed emotional depth to the world.

List to be continued when I'm feeling less lazy.

NeoshinobiX
12-27-2007, 02:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DreamerM:

List to be continued when I'm feeling less lazy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lolwut? Did you not pay attention to what Al'Mulym(sp?) tells you about the Templars during the game?

It's not unfinished business we know why he hates them, and it's because of the way they are trying to bring about their so called "peace".

Xthe_assassinX
12-27-2007, 08:37 AM
You have yourself totally confused, I think. The 'Missing Woman' has nothing to do with Altair. It is the Doctors assisstant who is looking for the woman, who apparently 'committed suicide'.
The woman was the Doctors OLD assisstant, so I don't know why Altair would be looking for someone, especially when Altair was back ages before this whole missing woman thing took place.

DreamerM
12-27-2007, 08:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xthe_assassinX:
You have yourself totally confused, I think. The 'Missing Woman' has nothing to do with Altair. It is the Doctors assisstant who is looking for the woman, who apparently 'committed suicide'.
The woman was the Doctors OLD assisstant, so I don't know why Altair would be looking for someone, especially when Altair was back ages before this whole missing woman thing took place. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You talking about Leila? No no, I mean the woman that the informants IN THE ANIMUS occastionally refer to: sometimes they'll ask Alair "Any news of (Someone?) Don't worry, I'm sure you'll find her someday."

THAT's the Missing woman I was talking about.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
It's not unfinished business we know why he hates them, and it's because of the way they are trying to bring about their so called "peace". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Altair can't have hated the templars ONLY for their Peace, because he didn't know about the Peace until very late in the game.

He hated them when the game started too. More then the other assassins. Enough to blow his cover for a chance to take out their leader. The achievement for killing all the templars in the kingdom is even called "Personal Vendetta."

Why? THAT's what I'm asking.