PDA

View Full Version : 'Mat Manager' Problem (SOLVED)

antifreeze
10-14-2004, 04:05 PM
I updated Mat Manager to 1.93.
Now the Swastika doesn't show, only the Balken cross on the wings. The mats don't seem to work at all; the default decals show.

Points to note:
-I did completely uninstall the previous version and deleted all the folders manually too.
-I have uninstalled/reinstalled mat manager several times, but it still doesn't work.
-I have disabled 'historical markings' in il2Stab, and I don't run 'Stab' and 'Mat' at the same time anyway.
-I do have il2Mat enabled and set-up properly. I have installed the hook.dll properly.

Any ideas?
Is there a known problem with the new version of something?
Thanks.

zetareticulan
10-14-2004, 08:00 PM
it takes a good long time for everything in this great program to get sorted out.

try setting your options via the Mat Manager as per and then go away and make a coffee or have a smoke.

when you get back all should be well.

i'm probably talking out of my hat, but on my set up, the balkencross seems to get the mat treatment first, next the stab markings, then the hearaldry, last the hakencreuze.

Blottogg
10-14-2004, 08:02 PM
Antifreeze, there are only two things I can think of off-hand.

First, when you did the uninstall, did you delete the CoopRegt folder before reinstalling? I'm running v1.91 now, but when I installed that version, I made sure to uninstall the previous version, and afterwards delete the CoopRegt folder to make sure the paths were unambiguous for the new install.

Second, are you giving the sim enough time to fully load? For v1.91, it takes my machine 30 sec to 1 minute to load all the markings. If I hop into the aircraft armament screen before that, I'll get the weathered national markings, with the default numbers and no Hakenkreuz. Leaving the screen and coming back in another 30 seconds or so usually gives enough time for the rest of the markings to be loaded. Hope this helps.

jamesdietz
10-15-2004, 09:45 AM
I've noticed the same thing too( sometimes I get swatikas , sometimes not...)...so are you saying all I have to do to get the swatikas everytime is let Mat Manager just sort of "warm-up" for a minute before pushing the "play" button???

Atomic_Marten
10-15-2004, 11:10 AM
Well, jamesdietz said that you have to wait some time before MAT load images... and if that does not help try this: Bring up the manager screen and check no hakenkreuz option, click QUIT and exit. Then bring it up again and check haken box (large or small I prefer small), click QUIT and that should enable it.

I was experiencing the same thing yesterday (it was on IL-2 Shturmovik Stab tho) and above decribed action solve the problem. Good luck.

Von_Zero
10-15-2004, 12:50 PM
sry for bothering the thread, but i didn't wanted tostart a new one...
u guys have a link to this prog, pls?
also i know there were all sorts of updates with more country markings & stuff.
thx http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

antifreeze
10-15-2004, 01:12 PM
http://www.leigh-kemp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/MATfiles.htm

OK, cheers. I'll keep at it.
I like the coffee and smoke suggestion, and leaving it for a minute before pressing fly.
I'll also try unchecking and checking the option.

Thanks.

cow9th
10-15-2004, 01:30 PM
as Aces is using one of our FTP's im sure he wont mind answering you question in person, do you want his email? if its a error he will want to know anyway m8.

actionhank1786
10-15-2004, 01:33 PM
I have the same problem, and waiting hasnt fixed it.
It seems on the older planes, the Fusalage Cross won't show up.
The Gruppen Markings (the Circles, Cheverons, those icons in front and in back of the Cross) show up, but the fusalage one usually doesnt, i've reinstalled too

Von_Zero
10-15-2004, 02:17 PM
Thanks Atifreeze http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

cow9th
10-15-2004, 04:46 PM
well now i cant download it to find out lol.
get to 99% and my pc freezes on the download.

im sure it will be fixed soon

Brain32
10-16-2004, 03:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I updated Mat Manager to 1.93.
Now the Swastika doesn't show, only the + cross on the wings. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But, WHY???
It's historic, can you do a version WITH HakenKreuz for Historic accuracy freaks?

antifreeze
10-16-2004, 03:54 AM
I solved my problem.
Although I had updated Mat Manager several times since the first verison, I had never touched il2Mat; it always worked with the new version of Mat Manager, so there didn't seem to be a need.

However, if you have problems after upgrading Mat Manager to 1.93, try copying the hook.dll file from the 1.93 zip file to the il2Mat folder. In addition I chose different paths in il2Mat, clicked apply, and then changed them back to the proper paths, to make sure they were 'refreshed' properly. Doing both these things worked for me.
Hope this helps.

Brain32 wrote:
>But, WHY??? It's historic, can you do a version
>WITH HakenKreuz for Historic accuracy freaks?
I think you mis-read my post. I am not the creator of Mat Manager. I updated the version of the program on my hard drive to the latest version available, and had problems with the HakenKreuz not showing. Mat Manager still has the Hakenkreuz option in it.

Brain32
10-16-2004, 04:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Brain32 wrote:
>But, WHY??? It's historic, can you do a version
>WITH HakenKreuz for Historic accuracy freaks?
I think you mis-read my post. I am not the creator of Mat Manager. I updated the version of the program on my hard drive to the latest version available, and had problems with the HakenKreuz not showing. Mat Manager still has the Hakenkreuz option in it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uuuuuuups http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif Sorry