PDA

View Full Version : Possible results of the delay...

Thisgamecouldbe
11-04-2006, 12:32 PM
1.- Better gameplay.
2.-Better graphics.
3.-Better sound editing.

4.- A longer wait.

5.- AND... the possiblity of multiplayer

Thisgamecouldbe
11-04-2006, 12:32 PM
1.- Better gameplay.
2.-Better graphics.
3.-Better sound editing.

4.- A longer wait.

5.- AND... the possiblity of multiplayer

katz_bg
11-04-2006, 12:51 PM
6. PS3 will be out in Europe by the time the game comes http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://img335.imageshack.us/img335/494/freakazoid1mk.png
Dahaka chase videos - http://tinyurl.com/luons

princeofyo
11-04-2006, 02:34 PM
I think it's been confirmed that there will be no multiplayer.

But I'm not complaining, I'd rather the developers take their time to make the single player flawless, instead of using some of that time to add multiplayer.

Besides I'd rather play a shoot 'um up with my friends then an Assassination game.

I think Assassin's Creed should be just a single player game...<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Thisgamecouldbe
11-04-2006, 07:15 PM
It could have a very fun MP as well....... And there are plenty of MP shoot em ups and there is nothing like this.....nothing....

theSpyGuy150
11-04-2006, 07:23 PM
People said the same thing about Splinter Cell. They said it was a stealth game and a stealth game would be terrible for multiplayer. But some creative devs made a very enjoyable multiplayer experience.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sf/type/2/angelqueen.png (http://profile.xfire.com/angelqueen)

princeofyo
11-04-2006, 08:48 PM
That's all well and good guys but if you look at the fourth to last interview question here (http://www.xboxgazette.com/interview_assassins_creed_en.php) &lt;---click, you'll see that there will be no multiplayer, end of story.

But I'm not upset, it will give the developers more time to make the single player absolutly perfect. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Thisgamecouldbe
11-04-2006, 08:53 PM
The game was pushed all the way to Q4....... To Q4!
They have plenty of time to change their minds about MP and it would be a really nice addition to this game.

princeofyo
11-04-2006, 09:24 PM
It like what the developers of Prince of Persia: T2T said. They didn't want to make a multiplayer because they wanted to focus on the singleplayer. The same probably goes with Assassin's Creed.

If you read the interview I posted above you'll read that the developers main focus on the game is social stealth, intelligent AI, and freedom. Now the last one, freedom, could be used for Multiplayer, but you don't need the first two for multiplayer, since your enemy (human opponent) already knows what you look like so it doesn't matter if you blend it with the crowd.

As you can see, if they make a multiplayer, it would probably just take time away from the single player. I for one (and I'm sure many others) would much rather have a perfect single player game, and no multiplayer, then a great single player but with a few flaws, and a not so great multiplayer. (Let's face it, an assassination multiplayer really wouldn't be that great if you just stop to think about it...I think it would just bring the game down...)<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Thisgamecouldbe
11-05-2006, 08:00 AM
As you said AI is a main focus and your enemies should know how you look as well.

Yes I have read the interview but now they have plenty of time to change their minds.... I wont flame if there is no MP, but it would be a great addition....

entropy777
11-05-2006, 08:46 AM
<span class="ev_code_GREY">Not really bothered by the delay, it's just a game, not the end of the world..
Don't think it will add anything to the game, they will probably only have enough time to finish it, if even that.</span><div class="ev_tpc_signature">

The enthusiasm of a woman's love is even beyond the biographer's. -Jane Austen, Mansfield Park.

JN006
11-05-2006, 11:07 PM
If this delay could be use to iron the wrinkles, I believe it would be worth it.

I'm the owner of a 360 (Soon a Wii as well http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif) And I've played to many games that were crashing/freezing/buging/etc... on me. It's true that it's often a console issue but a lot of games are shipped with tons of bugs that are fixed by patches afterward...

Saint's row which is freezing when loading the sections from LOD (level of detail) to highrez meshes. Godfather which is doing the same thing. These are problems that are bothering me and breaking my experience of these games.

Back to the topic, if this delay can avoid a maximum of these situations, I believe it would be worth it.

Of course we'll keep having these issues with games, as long as the politics behing it is to ship ASAP, just to make their money out of it...

I've bought the newly released Splinter cell and I had only one issues through out the whole game. If it's Ubisoft policy to make great games with the less bugs possible, we, players, can only encourage companies which take this position, even if delay is the only option.

*It's a personal opinion and not a official statement from Ubisoft. I'm not saying that this is the reason for AC's delay*

alimokrane
11-06-2006, 07:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JN006:
If this delay could be use to iron the wrinkles, I believe it would be worth it.

I'm the owner of a 360 (Soon a Wii as well http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif) And I've played to many games that were crashing/freezing/buging/etc... on me. It's true that it's often a console issue but a lot of games are shipped with tons of bugs that are fixed by patches afterward...

Saint's row which is freezing when loading the sections from LOD (level of detail) to highrez meshes. Godfather which is doing the same thing. These are problems that are bothering me and breaking my experience of these games.

Back to the topic, if this delay can avoid a maximum of these situations, I believe it would be worth it.

Of course we'll keep having these issues with games, as long as the politics behing it is to ship ASAP, just to make their money out of it...

I've bought the newly released Splinter cell and I had only one issues through out the whole game. If it's Ubisoft policy to make great games with the less bugs possible, we, players, can only encourage companies which take this position, even if delay is the only option.

*It's a personal opinion and not a official statement from Ubisoft. I'm not saying that this is the reason for AC's delay* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am sorry but I just had to reply to your comments. Sure Splinter Cell doesnt have a lot of bugs/glitches but Man the framerate can be really annoying. Besides where was ubisoft's Noble policy when Prince of Persia Warrior witin shipped. The game was full of game-stopping weird looking controller throwing bugs and glitches and better still they didnt even have the decency to make an official statement about or even release a patch - A complete disgrace in my opinion.
Dont get me wrong, right now Ubisoft is my favourite publisher but they are still far from being a publisher that would delay the launch of a game in a key release period purely because they want to clear out the bugs. In my ***PERSONAL*** opinion, it's pretty clear why they delayed the game ... Not enough PS3's to cash on which in business terms is justified but I wish Publishes would just be honest and tell the truth that's all. We would appreciate the delays more if they do.

Thank you.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://img347.imageshack.us/img347/3153/signature8nn.jpg

JN006
11-06-2006, 10:21 PM
I agree with you that Warrior Within was not the less buggy game shipped, but it's almost two years ago... I'm talking more of next-gen titles. GRAW was bugless... at least I didn't experienced any bug throughout the whole campaign. SC D-A, only one in the whole game... Guess that is not bad for their next-gen titles.

One thing I don't agree, plus don't understand is why would they delay the game to maximize their profit on the PS3, when this game is multi-plaform? They're shipping this game for 360, PS3 and PC. To maximize their profit in a short period of time? Why that?

Neway, I respect your opinion.
I just don't share you point of view regarding the buggy games when your only example is a game of last-gen and shipped around two years ago...

SPROGGY
11-07-2006, 09:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by princeofyo:
It like what the developers of Prince of Persia: T2T said. They didn't want to make a multiplayer because they wanted to focus on the singleplayer. The same probably goes with Assassin's Creed.

If you read the interview I posted above you'll read that the developers main focus on the game is social stealth, intelligent AI, and freedom. Now the last one, freedom, could be used for Multiplayer, but you don't need the first two for multiplayer, since your enemy (human opponent) already knows what you look like so it doesn't matter if you blend it with the crowd.

As you can see, if they make a multiplayer, it would probably just take time away from the single player. I for one (and I'm sure many others) would much rather have a perfect single player game, and no multiplayer, then a great single player but with a few flaws, and a not so great multiplayer. (Let's face it, an assassination multiplayer really wouldn't be that great if you just stop to think about it...I think it would just bring the game down...) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Two things......
The first being that if a multiplayer experience were to be added, the social stealth could very much apply. Adding a character creation option or the ability to select your own clothing and weapons could greatly enhance the players ability to blend in with the crowd. If the levels were full of active AI(in the form of general public and such) and the levels were as interactive as in the singleplayer(such as being able to climb nearly everything) then a multiplayer deathmatch type experience could be incredible. Now add the ability to choose to play in any of the featured cities in the singleplayer game, and to choose whether its day or night and this could surpasse your wlidest expectations.

Secondly, this could be done without sacrificing singleplayer quality. If im not mistaken, The Splinter cell games have an entirely seperate studio that designs and creates the multiplayer experience. Sure they collaborate with the studio making the single player. But it interferes very little with the singleplayer development. The bottom line is that not only is it doable, but it could add replay value to the game, and possibly rival(or even surpass) Splinter cells acclaimed multiplayer.

Thisgamecouldbe
11-07-2006, 10:06 AM
I completely agree with deepego3, MP would also ad so much to the life of this game.

lpcrispo
11-07-2006, 11:43 AM
it will porobably be like Splinter Cell... first game : No mp in the first game in the serie...

as for the topic : we dont know the cause but the results are : a better game

alimokrane
11-07-2006, 01:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JN006:
I agree with you that Warrior Within was not the less buggy game shipped, but it's almost two years ago... I'm talking more of next-gen titles. GRAW was bugless... at least I didn't experienced any bug throughout the whole campaign. SC D-A, only one in the whole game... Guess that is not bad for their next-gen titles.

One thing I don't agree, plus don't understand is why would they delay the game to maximize their profit on the PS3, when this game is multi-plaform? They're shipping this game for 360, PS3 and PC. To maximize their profit in a short period of time? Why that?

I just don't share you point of view regarding the buggy games when your only example is a game of last-gen and shipped around two years ago... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

May be I am a bit overeacting towards the game's delay and that's because I want the game so badly. To me, Assassin's Creed represents the real start of next gen but here is what disappointed me: Ubisoft sure could have released the game on The Xbox 360 and The PC like they planned to and then they can ship the PS3 version later but they chose not to, perhaps, some sort of deal with Sony like what happened before by announcing the game as a PS3 only title.
Look, I may be wrong about all of this and I really **really** do hope the team is taking this extra time and using it to make the game better and I hope that it's not going to be used as a pre-production phase for the sequel which obviously would mean the neglection of the game in the process. I hope things will turn out for the best and the proof of the pudding is in the tasting ... We'll see how the game turns out!

All The Best to the Assassin's Creed Team and Ubisoft Montreal. The Best Developers Around!<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

OH_DragonBoy
11-07-2006, 02:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Thisgamecouldbe:
The game was pushed all the way to Q4....... To Q4!
They have plenty of time to change their minds about MP and it would be a really nice addition to this game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Oh no. Q4, really? Try a whole year - Spring, no, wait, November. Whoops, that wasn't for you. Sorry. Spring of the following year instead. Don't worry, history has shown you don't mind delays.

Game delays don't really bother me, as I don't spend every waking hour playing video games. Also, when I have too many at once, I rarely finish them all. Hence why I actually don't mind the delay - Heavenly Sword, Resistance, God of War II will tide me over 'til then as I like to play games more than once.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://home.comcast.net/%7Ezerowing/userbar.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/Orlando_Hamar/ACSig2.jpg
Buy The Game Or Die. Also get Heavenly Sword - Nariko could kick Prince's ***.
http://www.coreno.info/ps3cntimg.php?src=ps3bar1.jpg&x=250&y=15&string=days&size=10 (http://www.coreno.info/?ps3countdown)

Call me either DB or Orlando. Please refrain from calling me "OH_DragonBoy"
Please excuse my English: I am from England.

JN006
11-07-2006, 09:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alimokrane:

I just don't share you point of view regarding the buggy games when your only example is a game of last-gen and shipped around two years ago... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

May be I am a bit overeacting towards the game's delay and that's because I want the game so badly. To me, Assassin's Creed represents the real start of next gen but here is what disappointed me: Ubisoft sure could have released the game on The Xbox 360 and The PC like they planned to and then they can ship the PS3 version later but they chose not to, perhaps, some sort of deal with Sony like what happened before by announcing the game as a PS3 only title.
Look, I may be wrong about all of this and I really **really** do hope the team is taking this extra time and using it to make the game better and I hope that it's not going to be used as a pre-production phase for the sequel which obviously would mean the neglection of the game in the process. I hope things will turn out for the best and the proof of the pudding is in the tasting ... We'll see how the game turns out!

All The Best to the Assassin's Creed Team and Ubisoft Montreal. The Best Developers Around! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As you know, I cannot really talk about this game, but let me quote my boss who said that the 360 version and the PS3 one will lookalike/ the same. No need of delaying any shipment for problems/deals on the PS3. You are looking into too much conspiration my friend, guess you're soooo ready for AC http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif (deal this and deal that)

The production of AC-1 is the production of AC-1. They would not delay the game for preparing the sequel before even making a penny out of it... Maybe the core team could have left and started planning the next one but that would not affect the production of the first one with the huge team behing it. *And I'm not saying anyone have left the team for preparing anything else*

On behalf of the whole AC's team, thank you! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

alimokrane
11-08-2006, 03:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alimokrane:

All The Best to the Assassin's Creed Team and Ubisoft Montreal. The Best Developers Around! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As you know, I cannot really talk about this game, but let me quote my boss who said that the 360 version and the PS3 one will lookalike/ the same. No need of delaying any shipment for problems/deals on the PS3. You are looking into too much conspiration my friend, guess you're soooo ready for AC http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif (deal this and deal that)

The production of AC-1 is the production of AC-1. They would not delay the game for preparing the sequel before even making a penny out of it... Maybe the core team could have left and started planning the next one but that would not affect the production of the first one with the huge team behing it. *And I'm not saying anyone have left the team for preparing anything else*

On behalf of the whole AC's team, thank you! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you for the reply. I guess I did think too much into it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif . Anywho, I am glad that someone from the developing team comes here so often and answers to the community's need. It shows how much you guys love making video games. Cheers.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

JN006
11-08-2006, 09:50 PM
You're welcome!
I now know that more peoples from AC are checking this forum, even if they don't post.
We are all similar at one point: We ALL love games, and creating them!

Cheers!
JN006

stezach
11-11-2006, 11:55 AM
Ubisoft is the best developer out there and they make the best quality games. Whatever the reason for delay was they had a good reason and it will make it that much of a more revolutionary game.

Take yah time Ubi http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

P.S Release a demo cause I would be playing that until the final game came out and wouldnt buy another 360 game,id be to busy playin the demo xD

princeofyo
11-11-2006, 01:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stezach:
Ubisoft is the best developer out there and they make the best quality games. Whatever the reason for delay was they had a good reason and it will make it that much of a more revolutionary game.

Take yah time Ubi http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

P.S Release a demo cause I would be playing that until the final game came out and wouldnt buy another 360 game,id be to busy playin the demo xD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

I don't know if you're allowed to answer this question but I was wondering if you will be able to have sword combat, and shoot arrows while on a horse?<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

JN006
11-12-2006, 12:34 PM
I can't answer sorry...
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

princeofyo
11-12-2006, 04:12 PM
That's odd, I could have sworn I asked this in the "Ask the developer" thread...lol, oh well...

Thanks for answering anyway http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif<div class="ev_tpc_signature">