PDA

View Full Version : Can I Rescue a Corrupted Campaign?

MonsterZero1973
08-27-2005, 11:10 PM
FB/Pacific Fighters (merged install) has corrupted a Russian fighter campaign that I have been playing for the last 4 months. It took me all the way from Leningrad in 1941 to Berlin in the spring of 1945. I must have been only a few flights from finishing this campaign and winning World War II in the east.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I had noticed that as the campaign files were increasing in size the game had increasing problems writing into those files at the end of the mission with long pauses and sluggish interface. Finally today the game stopped responding forcing me to use Cntr+Alt+Del to kill IL-2.exe.

Some kind of file writing error within the campaign must have occured as a result. When I rebooted the computer and tried resuming the campaign the screen displayed a bunch of garbage.

I heard of at least one similar incident from a different user.

Within the directory for this specific Russian fighter campaign I see 362 files with a total size of 6.74MB. I assume the solution to this disaster may involve either deleting one of those files or editing it with a text editor. Unfortunately, I don't know what needs to be done.

By the way, making back-ups of those campaign folders should provide insurance against such disasters in the future, no? Is it enough to back-up "C:\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\Missions\Campaign" or is there another place where the game writes campaign data?

Thank you in advance for any and all help.

MonsterZero1973
08-27-2005, 11:10 PM
FB/Pacific Fighters (merged install) has corrupted a Russian fighter campaign that I have been playing for the last 4 months. It took me all the way from Leningrad in 1941 to Berlin in the spring of 1945. I must have been only a few flights from finishing this campaign and winning World War II in the east.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I had noticed that as the campaign files were increasing in size the game had increasing problems writing into those files at the end of the mission with long pauses and sluggish interface. Finally today the game stopped responding forcing me to use Cntr+Alt+Del to kill IL-2.exe.

Some kind of file writing error within the campaign must have occured as a result. When I rebooted the computer and tried resuming the campaign the screen displayed a bunch of garbage.

I heard of at least one similar incident from a different user.

Within the directory for this specific Russian fighter campaign I see 362 files with a total size of 6.74MB. I assume the solution to this disaster may involve either deleting one of those files or editing it with a text editor. Unfortunately, I don't know what needs to be done.

By the way, making back-ups of those campaign folders should provide insurance against such disasters in the future, no? Is it enough to back-up "C:\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\Missions\Campaign" or is there another place where the game writes campaign data?

Thank you in advance for any and all help.