PDA

View Full Version : Regions

Michae_lol
08-19-2010, 03:40 AM
I want to buy ACII in USA but I'm from Europe (Poland). Does this matter? I mean sometimes games bought in different regions don't work and it is possible in here since it has this ridiculous DRM. Has anyone heard anything about problems in this matter?

Michae_lol
08-19-2010, 03:40 AM
I want to buy ACII in USA but I'm from Europe (Poland). Does this matter? I mean sometimes games bought in different regions don't work and it is possible in here since it has this ridiculous DRM. Has anyone heard anything about problems in this matter?

Abeonis
08-19-2010, 06:39 AM
I would recommend not buying the game in the US. Besides the chances of trouble with a PAL/NTSC conflict, the EU editions of the game actually contain more than the US ones.

Basically, you'd be losing out if you purchased from the US, especially if you already live in the EU.

Ru1986
08-19-2010, 06:47 AM
Why do you want to buy the game from the US? Whats wrong with the Polish version? Or indeed English version which would defo work and then you wont have any probelms. seems like allot of hassle over nothing IMO.

viken9191
08-19-2010, 12:50 PM
PS3 any version: Region Free
Xbox360 any version: So far ACI and ACII are free region. (Most if not all UBISOFT games are free region)

Source: Personal experience http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Michae_lol
08-19-2010, 03:04 PM
First: I don't like the polish version because it's translated.
Second: It's half the price of Polish version in US and shipping is free since I'll be purchasing more things.
Third: I forgot to mention that I want to buy PC version (I thought that mentioning DRM was clear enough).

Ru1986
08-20-2010, 04:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Michae_lol:
First: I don't like the polish version because it's translated.
Second: It's half the price of Polish version in US and shipping is free since I'll be purchasing more things.
Third: I forgot to mention that I want to buy PC version (I thought that mentioning DRM was clear enough). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok fair do's what about the English version then mate. That should work cos its European. Although thats pobably 3 times the price of the polish one tbh.

Mr_Shade
08-20-2010, 04:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Michae_lol:

Third: I forgot to mention that I want to buy PC version (I thought that mentioning DRM was clear enough). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>There are a lot of console owners in here, so they may not have picked up on it..

The PC game is region free - so your free to buy any PC version you like, same as with any PC title..

The Online Services Platform - [drm] is linked to your ubi.com account - that's all, not where you live.. so it does not matter which country you buy the game from, as long as you buy it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

So if your happy importing the game, you will be fine.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Michae_lol
08-20-2010, 07:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ru1986:
Ok fair do's what about the English version then mate. That should work cos its European. Although thats pobably 3 times the price of the polish one tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You think I didn't check on that? I'm not buying this game if it's more expensive than 15$. It's not worth that much to me. I hate this crappy DRM.

Abeonis
08-20-2010, 08:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ru1986:
Ok fair do's what about the English version then mate. That should work cos its European. Although thats pobably 3 times the price of the polish one tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You think I didn't check on that? I'm not buying this game if it's more expensive than 15$. It's not worth that much to me. I hate this crappy DRM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well then, I guess it was pointless you making this thread then really...

Ru1986
08-20-2010, 08:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abeonis:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ru1986:

You think I didn't check on that? I'm not buying this game if it's more expensive than 15$. It's not worth that much to me. I hate this crappy DRM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

MMM when people try and help you are rude to them a sure way to win friends http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif If your not prepared to spend money on it dont bother mate we have tried to help.

Michae_lol
08-20-2010, 10:15 AM
Hey, sorry. I only explained why I want to ship it from US. It's for 15$ there. Don't be oversensitive.