PDA

View Full Version : Question and idea about SP awards, and other nit-picking

CaptainFlunky
11-08-2004, 07:42 PM
Hi,

Had a question- is it possible to modify the awards criteria for single player campaigns? My thing is this, it seems for American's you need an ungodly kill tally to rack up awards. For the Navy Cross, it's 50 kills, and the MoH, 60. Now as we all know, no american pilot has ever gotten more than 40 (Richard Bong), and the majority of the MoH recpients were given it for a specific engagement. So can it be modded so that, you get the MoH for, say five kills in a single engagement, the NC for 4, and so forth. It would be even better if the system was like that in Longbow, where you needed a certain mission score and be of a certain rank for the higher awards.

Also, and specifically again for americans (and I don't think there is anyway to do this), I wish you would be rotated home once you hit a predetermined score based on rank and time in theatre. I mean, I can't think of any pilot, or probably serviceman for that matter, who was fighting continously in every major engagement from 1941 to 1945, other than Ben Affleck in 'Pearl Harbor'.

I know I am being ultra-pedantic, but for some reason these two issues kinda bother me.

Pendantic grognard.

http://onfinite.com/libraries/132790/ccf.jpg

CaptainFlunky
11-08-2004, 07:42 PM
Hi,

Had a question- is it possible to modify the awards criteria for single player campaigns? My thing is this, it seems for American's you need an ungodly kill tally to rack up awards. For the Navy Cross, it's 50 kills, and the MoH, 60. Now as we all know, no american pilot has ever gotten more than 40 (Richard Bong), and the majority of the MoH recpients were given it for a specific engagement. So can it be modded so that, you get the MoH for, say five kills in a single engagement, the NC for 4, and so forth. It would be even better if the system was like that in Longbow, where you needed a certain mission score and be of a certain rank for the higher awards.

Also, and specifically again for americans (and I don't think there is anyway to do this), I wish you would be rotated home once you hit a predetermined score based on rank and time in theatre. I mean, I can't think of any pilot, or probably serviceman for that matter, who was fighting continously in every major engagement from 1941 to 1945, other than Ben Affleck in 'Pearl Harbor'.

I know I am being ultra-pedantic, but for some reason these two issues kinda bother me.

Pendantic grognard.

http://onfinite.com/libraries/132790/ccf.jpg